IGNORED

Any Archers here?

uhfradarwill

Here's a stock pic of my Archery Research AR34

ar34.jpg

I haven't been shooting it much lately, but I used shoot 3D regularly(informal) and was an avid deer hunter before I started a business.

I'll dig her out and get a pic of my set up.

Edited by luvmy40
typo

Been involved in archery for 53 years...shot pro class back in the 70's and 80's.. I still build my own primitive ossage long bows and cedar arrows... I also shoot recurve, compound hunting, and compound target bows.. can still hit a balloon at 100 yards with the target setup....sucker bet, works every time.....lol On the BOD's of hawkeye bowmen archery club here where I live and still run the range for kids age 12 to 16 thru out the summer and range officer for beginner and intermediate woman's classes... this keeps me out of trouble most of the time...

Edited by BIG TOM

Oh yeah,, I got into Archery back in the late 60's hunting Michigan White Tail with a Bear #55 recurve and those clip in broad head inserts/wooden arrows. Grabbed an Allen Speedster compound with they first came out.. Lost that skinny limbed thing off the top of my car and replaced it with a PSE.. All very good for deer slaying.. I was never one to fear heights (Tradesmen are like that) so Baker Boards and Compounds became a way of life for years around our home = +2 deer (onto Gun Deer) in the freezer to feed the family.. LOVED shooting, LOVED practicing and LOVED that "potato sack smack sound when the 31 inch wasp tipped aluminum arrow" did its thing to the unsuspecting horned varmint down below..

Havent been in the air or held my bow in a good while.. Now I gotta go down stairs and do some digging (cant now,, got me a baby sitting watching my 2 year old grandson) and get some pics to share cause I just GOTTA see what @uhfradarwill is holding back on us!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Been involved in archery for 53 years...shot pro class back in the 70's and 80's.. I still build my own primitive ossage long bows and cedar arrows... I also shoot recurve, compound hunting, and compound target bows.. can still hit a balloon at 100 yards with the target setup....sucker bet, works every time.....lol On the BOD's of hawkeye bowmen archery club here where I live and still run the range for kids age 12 to 16 thru out the summer and range officer for beginner and intermediate woman's classes... this keeps me out of trouble most of the time...

Damn,that is quite the resume!! I likie....

Oh yeah,, I got into Archery back in the late 60's hunting Michigan White Tail with a Bear #55 recurve and those clip in broad head inserts/wooden arrows. Grabbed an Allen Speedster compound with they first came out.. Lost that skinny limbed thing off the top of my car and replaced it with a PSE.. All very good for deer slaying.. I was never one to fear heights (Tradesmen are like that) so Baker Boards and Compounds became a way of life for years around our home = +2 deer (onto Gun Deer) in the freezer to feed the family.. LOVED shooting, LOVED practicing and LOVED that "potato sack smack sound when the 31 inch wasp tipped aluminum arrow" did its thing to the unsuspecting horned varmint down below..

Havent been in the air or held my bow in a good while.. Now I gotta go down stairs and do some digging (cant now,, got me a baby sitting watching my 2 year old grandson) and get some pics to share cause I just GOTTA see what uhfradarwill is holding back on us!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Dig them things out and do some shootin....

I'm pretty sure it's the cheapest ammo you can send downrange, cept maybe rocks for your wrist-rocket!!

I never really got into archery and that somewhat surprises me. I had a Jensen compound years ago when I was living near Florence, AL. I got good enough with it that I thought I could take a dear. Took it out a handful of times but never got a good shot so never attempted to place one.

The reason I say that I am a bit surprised that I didn't take more interest. I grew up in the small town of Mt. Pleasant, TX. Caddy corner across the street lived a young man named Hardy Ward. Many of you will have never heard of him but a couple of you might have. Just across the other street from Hardy was a large field beside the local elementary school. I spent many afternoons watching Hardy practice there and was always in awe of his talents. Hardy was 5 years older than me. He had two younger. brothers, one a year older than me and one a year younger. We served in the Boy Scouts together and his dad was our scout leader.

Hardy passed away last year and I pretty much lost track of the entire family years ago but this thread brought back some good memories.

Here is an article that was written last May after his passing.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Archery/News/Features/2018/May/31/USA-Archery-Celebrates-the-Life-of-Hardy-Ward

I have several compounds by Hoyt, Mathews, and Martin. I just started slinging arrows recurve style and need some more practice.

I shoot this Martin at 50 lbs most often now.

Martin.jpg

I'll post a pic of the compound that got this fine 200 pound New Hampshire specimen when I take a pic of it (Mathews).

deer.jpg

Live long and prosper my friends!!

I took up Archery when I was a teenager, (late 1960's) Had a recurve bow on & off for many years in the UK.

After moving to Canada (2002) I got my wife into archery, we both took coaching qualifications & we were instrumental in setting up an archery in schools program locally & we taught kids for a number of years, both in schools & at local clubs. I'm also a competition Judge (referee).

Most of our equipment is target oriented. I have A W&W Winact riser, with various recurve limbs, my wife has a PSE X-Factor again various limbs plus a Merlin Vision compound. She has a Provincial Silver medal plus TWO Robin Hoods to her credit (on shot in competition).

I also have two Hoyt Protech compounds & a while ago added a Diamond, Infinite Edge Compound. We also have a number of Samick & Rolan low poundage recurves that we used to tech kids (& adults).

We don't do much now but should try to do a bit more, unfortunately a rear-ender & subsequent shoulder/neck injuries means that we have to be very careful.

A couple of times we've had our m/c riding group over for a BBQ & an afternoon of archery. We gave instruction & they all seemed to thoroughly enjoy it & we've had numerous requests for repeat performances!

A Great Sport, & as yet the Gov't has interfered with it as they have with firearms.

We enjoy target but also love the 3D shoots. If I ever have a few wooded acres I'd set up a decent 3D course to play on!

Found some pics of one of our M/c archery days, all we gotta do now is teach these guys to shoot these things from the saddle LOL (Just joking Mr LEO!)

BOWS.C.IMG_0160.jpgBOWS.C.IMG_0162.jpgBOWS.C.IMG_0165.jpgC.100_2829.jpgC.100_2825.jpgC.100_2831.jpgC.100_2840.jpgC.IMG_0157.jpgC.100_2842.jpg

Edited by Kretz