IGNORED

Pinched the seat today!

BlueSky

Today I rode the RSV to the monthly Brunswick Nuclear Plant retiree luncheon which was about 38 miles away. Leaving Wilmington I was going around a left hand curve that was sort of blind by the trees on the inside in a 55 mph zone behind a Ford Escape when a road worker ran out in the road to retrieve a cap. He saw he was going to be run over so he turned and ran back. The Ford Escape driver slammed on his brakes and I got on my brakes very hard with the rear tire singing. I feel fortunate I didn't lock up the rear tire. I avoided hitting the Escape but I definitely had visions of stopping and punching out that highway worker! Be vigilant guys! Idiots abound!

Edited by BlueSky

Yes the idiots are certainly abound.

I have a crazy story from yesterday's ride. I was in the country enjoying a great ride, looked right and a Bald Eagle flying next to me, they are known in this area called Brown County in Mid-South Indiana. Big ass one too. Slowed a tad, really enjoying the moment, then the sucker came really close, I swear, I thought he was going to land on my handlebars or windshield, (mind you I was riding probably 45 at the time). I slowed quite a bit, excited in the moment, then scared at the same time. He flew off down the river I was riding along, and I carried on my way.

Yes the idiots are certainly abound.

I have a crazy story from yesterday's ride. I was in the country enjoying a great ride, looked right and a Bald Eagle flying next to me, they are known in this area called Brown County in Mid-South Indiana. Big ass one too. Slowed a tad, really enjoying the moment, then the sucker came really close, I swear, I thought he was going to land on my handlebars or windshield, (mind you I was riding probably 45 at the time). I slowed quite a bit, excited in the moment, then scared at the same time. He flew off down the river I was riding along, and I carried on my way.

Wow! That was unusual. Would have made a great video if it could have been filmed.

Glad you could keep it under control. Situation like that could have put you on your side in a heart beat.

Yeah, we all know the RSV has a very powerful rear brake that is easily locked up. The rear tire is a Dunlop Elite 3 and it appeared to have good grip on the dry road.