IGNORED

How Come?

Yama Mama

I just got to thinking "How Come?" It seems every time I go into VR Chat, there is nobody there. I mean I come in there quietly. I do not want to disturb anyconfused-woman-420x0.jpg one who is in the midst of conversation.

So I wait in there, quietly oh so quietly, and nobody comes in. It is a very lonely place to be.

So "how come?" You can tell me, I won't tell anybody.

Yama Mama

:scared:,, I clicked on Mama's thread here thinking we were gonna replace the "WHY" thread with a "HOW COME" thread :big-grin-emoticon:

On a more serious note @Yama_Mama, IMHO, there may be several competing reasons for How Come. The Water Hole is no where near as lively as it used to be. It is amazing how a large portion of our membership of yesteryear was/is, no offence to anyone - this is just another Puc IMHO, of the same age and many of us are retiring into new phases as our tired out, hurting ol bod's are not quite as conducive to straddling a scoot for 16 hours a day on a touring bike as we used to - we done got puckered out. More then one of our geez,, I mean youthful elderly varmints have left for new adventures, some are still members but just not active while others have actually let their club memberships lapse. Others got involved in our Face Book branch (is that how ya say that? Is a branch? Division?) and tend to hang out on Face Book instead of at the edge of the Water Hole = I am a slowwwwww learner and just getting started in figuring out Face Book myself and am finding out how/why this could happen.. I now have a regular dayly consistent input into my Face Book page post area where I am getting daily input from friends and family I have not heard from in years. With only 24hrs a day like anyone else, I would predict that my VR Water Hole time will become scarcer too as I get more and more involved with the Face branch = basically just not time to do it all..

Then there is the hardest, saddest situation of all in answer to your question.. When Dan died, for some reason it occurred to me how many of our older original members we had lost thru time.. I know,, kinda morbid and hard to think about but Sister I gotta tell ya,,, that one took me hard..

Remembering the days gone by where you would cook for 10 or 20 of us members as we yakked the night away in chat and then whip us :missingtooth: into shape to keep us from getting into trouble when our bellies were filled with everything from PERFECT PIZZA to amazing Ham Sandwitches and even Hot Dogs once in a while..

Not sure what it will take to draw in new blood and restart the old chat days but I do understand your asking "How Come".. :missingtooth: Maybe some of the new members will relight the old chat room and discover some things we left behind.. If you are one of those new members who are reading this and thinking about it,, PLEASE be careful if you pick up the machine gun in the corner = I think I was the last one to pull the trigger on it and I left its magazine half full and one in the chamber :big-grin-emoticon::witch_brew::rotf::rotfl:

Hmmmmmmmmm? Puc

2 years back I was looking down the barrel of retirement, now I'm climbing out of it... The same old same old is the one thing we know for sure Bro, life keeps a changing aint nothing wrong with us gathering at a chat room verses posting, its about the dynamics! Now what's up with the machine gun chit ? Hmmm

This chat room location reminds me of a time.... In BC, I ended up in Washington looking for my motel room...... Man dem were the days, what was her name and who did the driven?

Behind what door Puc??

Hmmmmmmmmm? Puc

2 years back I was looking down the barrel of retirement, now I'm climbing out of it... The same old same old is the one thing we know for sure Bro, life keeps a changing aint nothing wrong with us gathering at a chat room verses posting, its about the dynamics! Now what's up with the machine gun chit ? Hmmm

This chat room location reminds me of a time.... In BC, I ended up in Washington looking for my motel room...... Man dem were the days, what was her name and who did the driven?

Behind what door Puc??

Ya mighta read something betwix the lines that I didnt intend there brother,, I was definitely not in any way shape form or matter saying there was anything wrong with chat room verses posting = matter of fact,, they go hand in hand IMHO.. Many of us used to spend HOURS bouncing between the chat room and the home site = carry on a steady conversation in the chat room and post in the home site at the Water Hole at the same time = back and forth,, back and forth!! Grab a piece of Mama's pizza,, down a couple of Flyinfools Rum Balls, chug a drink of BJ's South Dakota fixure upper, laugh at Dan and Rbig going back and forth about which is faster the 1st or 2nd Gens and then jump back in the Water Hole and spew the dust off the fresh baked bread with your laughter as your trying to type a response to DragonSlayer or DragonRider or Carbon One or FlyDay or CMCoffey or BlackOwl or Bubber or who ever back at the Hole... Nope,, definitely NOTHING wrong that I see either way Patch!!

The "Machine Gun chit" can be found in the chat room sounds.. Scoot back over there,, click on the little speaker icon in the chat room, scroll down to "AK47", click on AK47 and YOU will all of a sudden get the jist of the chat room machine gun = IT IS AWESOME AND A LOT OF FUN IF YOU LEARN TO USE IT AT JUST THE RIGHT MOMENT!! All most as much fun as "The Whip",,,,,,,,, almost:missingtooth:

As I mentioned Puc recently life got real busy real fast for me. After the pm I thought well this club will have to go back on hold, while I get up to speed, then I thought nope that's not what I want so I make it a point to at the least to check my emails and respond when I have the time and if I'm in town!

Something that those of you that know my posting may muse at is that I am use to relying on my memory and, as we see it isn't as reliable as it once was, so not fare. The neat thing about this place is that we usually correct one another like gentlemen.

As I read thru the W/H so many of us are addressing life altering plans which of course consumes us and rightfully we need to dedicate our time in order to adapt; we may choose to ignore say the club activities and friends be them here or 20 minutes away... But as I mentioned yesterday things change and we change with them and leaving and coming back is a balance and is nice to have familiar folks around to get caught up with.

I think a chat room activity is ideal for that but chat rooms like forums need their anchors,,, know what I mean Puc.

Rbig1/ Rodney post says it all we're busy! All of us at the same time?

Anyways I had some time during the day to think about it and the above is my conclusion, Puc's fault, again;)

Cheers

As I mentioned Puc recently life got real busy real fast for me. After the pm I thought well this club will have to go back on hold, while I get up to speed, then I thought nope that's not what I want so I make it a point to at the least to check my emails and respond when I have the time and if I'm in town!

Something that those of you that know my posting may muse at is that I am use to relying on my memory and, as we see it isn't as reliable as it once was, so not fare. The neat thing about this place is that we usually correct one another like gentlemen.

As I read thru the W/H so many of us are addressing life altering plans which of course consumes us and rightfully we need to dedicate our time in order to adapt; we may choose to ignore say the club activities and friends be them here or 20 minutes away... But as I mentioned yesterday things change and we change with them and leaving and coming back is a balance and is nice to have familiar folks around to get caught up with.

I think a chat room activity is ideal for that but chat rooms like forums need their anchors,,, know what I mean Puc.

Rbig1/ Rodney post says it all we're busy! All of us at the same time?

Anyways I had some time during the day to think about it and the above is my conclusion, Puc's fault, again;)

Cheers

Know what cha mean Patch and that @YamaMama has ALWAYS been, and will for ever more be = THE VR Chat Anchor,,,, Anchor Peggy - The Boss With The Whip :witch_brew::stickpoke:

Oh what an opening :whistling:but my wife tells me I have to start being more nnnicerrr to Carl :bang head:

As for my reason to not be in chat .....I have to work at that time of day.:8:

Bum, I'd get the same grief from Tippy about :stickpoke: Carl but I keep my Carl :stickpoke: secret from her... That way BOTH us lop eared varmints (Carl n I) stay out of trouble and remain nice guys in her eyes :essen_018:

Oh what an opening :whistling:but my wife tells me I have to start being more nnnicerrr to Carl :bang head:

As for my reason to not be in chat .....I have to work at that time of day.:8:

I guess your wife likes peace and quiet.

And as for CHAT, yep!!! I stopped by last night and nobody was saying anything,,,,,,, maybe there's more like me....... nice and quiet.

Puc I think you have given me the answer. Yes losing Yammer Dan probably is the key to the whole sad situation. I will never get over that.

And last riding season I was on our RSV one time, and that was to ride to Oberlin, Ohio for some reason or another.

It was not because I no longer enjoy riding, but because I had about with sciatica. I was in horrible pain in my right leg and could not tolerate riding.

I am better now, however, and if my old riding partner is still willing I will attempt to get my leg up and over that big old seat I used to refer to as the couch.

So you have answered my How Come, and I appreciate your efforts as usual.

Now my question is who has the best hugs? Got any ideas?

Yama Mama

I guess a lot of us just plain got old, Mama...

Bongo, that just cannot be the answer. Or maybe it is the answer when I think about it.

It just ain't fair. My mind is still 28 and my body, well I won't get into that.

I hope to see you at the MD this year.

Leather in any weather!

Yama Mama86c8fa2216e132abad684fb6cf0a0924.jpg

Bongo, that just cannot be the answer. Or maybe it is the answer when I think about it.

It just ain't fair. My mind is still 28 and my body, well I won't get into that.

I hope to see you at the MD this year.

Leather in any weather!

Yama Mamahttps://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116002

Sooo Mama,,, not to get to personal here on the open forum but I just gotta ask you something about those leather riding chaps of yours,,, are those tail lights I see on the back of your riding boots and if so,, did your 1st husband end up having to put a high output stator in your scoot to keep em powered up? :witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::guitarist 2::rotfl:

Puc I think you have given me the answer. Yes losing Yammer Dan probably is the key to the whole sad situation. I will never get over that.

And last riding season I was on our RSV one time, and that was to ride to Oberlin, Ohio for some reason or another.

It was not because I no longer enjoy riding, but because I had about with sciatica. I was in horrible pain in my right leg and could not tolerate riding.

I am better now, however, and if my old riding partner is still willing I will attempt to get my leg up and over that big old seat I used to refer to as the couch.

So you have answered my How Come, and I appreciate your efforts as usual.

Now my question is who has the best hugs? Got any ideas?

Yama Mama

Oh come on now,,, I didn't think there was a lop eared friend :bighug:varmint on the site who didn't know the answer to that question!! I won't name a name cause that might be considered braggadocious but can tell you that the little scadeddie face covered varmint in the pic below is saying "thats simple,, the answer to that one would be my Grandpa"!!:happy34:

DSCN8213.JPG

I'm thinking there should be an easy answer to that question,,,, but seeing as there seems to be some contentiousness about the answer I would think it best that all involved should be asked to vote on it. In order to vote properly, and by Roberts Rules of Order, nominations need to held first,,, so I nominate Saddlebum and Cowpuc,,,, seeing as it has been seen as improper to nominate oneself.