IGNORED

R.I.P. Arlen Ness

RDawson

Hadnt seen his passing, Thanks for posting. He was one of the top customizers of bikes. Built all kinds of cool bikes. Later in life produced a line of custom motorcycle acces. for the market. In any tv show I saw him in he always seemed like a great guy, no BS drama.

RIP Arlen

Boy, that IS a Shocker!

Hadn't seen his name anywhere in recent years, particularly since the Fall-out with Harley-D.

Believe he was forced to scramble pretty heavily after that, and sincerely hope somehow he was able to dig out of what appeared to be a gigantic Fiscal Hole.

The Guy deserves a really decent Send-off, in terms of what he accomplished for the American Big Bike Scene, AND The Industry in general. The man was a brilliant Designer, 'way ahead of his Time.

Rgds, WRIDR

Arlen did a lot of the design work for Victory also. RIP Arlen.

http://nebula.wsimg.com/277a2f3abb69e765648d8ccfefcf732c?AccessKeyId=C57DFB3C7DF6DCA91285&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

9k=Yup he did some cool bike for Victory. Rumor mill had that he/they are working on some neat stuff for the Indians

Sad day indeed, great loss for our community!! Arlen was a very talented individual and a big time forward thinking bike designer. If memory serves correctly he was the man behind the Victory Vision design. When they rolled the new Venture out at Americade at Lake George a couple years ago I looked at Tip and said that I could not help but wonder if Mr. Ness had gone to work for Mom Yam after Polaris had swamped the Victory line = sure had that "Arlen look" to it IMHO. He definitely impacted the bike design industry thru the years..

RIP Arlen, your talents and love for our sport will be missed!

P1050317.jpgP1050317.jpgI am so sorry to hear of Arlen Ness's passing. I actually almost met him when we had ridden to Sturgis in 2009. He was at the Victory exhibit and he was involved in a conversation with a guy. So I patiently waited for a turn to shake his hand. He was a pioneer in motorcycle design. The photo is Moped sitting on one of the Victory bikes there on display. I am sorry there are two photos of Moped, I could not delete one. Sorry.

dbtgallery.php?do=gallery_image&id=26468&gal=gallery&type=thumb

Yama Mama