IGNORED

Sanctuary Cities for the rest of us.

CaseyJ955

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-sanctuary/defiant-u-s-sheriffs-push-gun-sanctuaries-imitating-liberals-on-immigration-idUSKCN1QL0ZC

Saw this over coffee, I'm already in a state with pretty fair gun laws so this doesn't effect me beyond a positive precedent for my fellow firearm owners living in the blue or over-legislated states. Looks like this might take off, I sure hope so. I'm all giddy now haha!

Enjoy!

Yea baby,, THAT is a good one!! Folks on the outskirts of area's where only the bad guys have gun's engaging their 2nd Amendment rights to protect themselves when those bad guys come to town. Definitely a healthy dose of :big-grin-emoticon: to cheer a :cold: soul this mornin Casey,, thanks brother!! :beer:

It looks like our state is going constitutional carry. We've always been an open carry state but legislation has passed to be conceal carry without a permit.

WV did that a few years ago. I would hate to be packing and have to use it without a permit.

WV did that a few years ago. I would hate to be packing and have to use it without a permit.

Me too Chuck,, me too but, I got a hunch that either way, permit or no permit, the authorities will be involved in the aftermath of a dead bad guy and if it's self defense and/or innocent lives are saved cause a good guy with a shooter stepped up to the plate, the courts would look favorably upon him.

IMHO, it's not a permit that gives us the right to protect our selves, that is all covered by the 2nd.. We have "Enhanced Drivers License"'s available to us, which Tip and I both have. What makes them "Enhanced" is that complete background checks were done to obtain them. I am of the mind that all Drivers Licenses should be Enhanced and that a DL should cover all bases for gun ownership, voting and the whole nine yards. Simple as simple.

I agree and will keep my permit for crossing state lines. Lucky I live in an area that I feel safe and hardly ever carry unless traveling or going somewhere I feel the need to. I did talk to a deputy recently that encouraged me to carry at all times as drug problems are on the rise.

I also have mixed emotions on the constitutional carry, I watched a woman at the range when I tested for my permit that needed much more training than was required. She was very dangerous to be around. I am pro 2nd, grew up with guns, and raised my daughters shooting and hunting. I have no qualms carrying or letting them carry, however my wife won't and I wouldn't let her. She has very little experience and no wish to start shooting, she's not against it but no interest. I would be afraid she'd panic and blast away. I guess it's my line of work but I've seen so much that safety is always on my mind. My kids laugh at me always on them about driving, shooting, or even cooking. I've loaded too many ambulances and zipped too many body bags to think normal I guess.

We preach MSF courses, I don't mind gun safety courses being a requirement to carry concealed.

I apologize if I'm getting political.

It looks like our state is going constitutional carry. We've always been an open carry state but legislation has passed to be conceal carry without a permit.

We're just wrapping up permittless carry in SD, we have had open carry although very few invoke that right it's an important one to keep handy just in case.

We're just wrapping up permittless carry in SD, we have had open carry although very few invoke that right it's an important one to keep handy just in case.

Although I know they have all the info they could ever use on us "normal", legal, law abiding, patriotic, constitutionalist citizens anyway but I have never been that appreciative of handing over all the info required to get a CCW here in Michigan,,, wayyy to "infringement" for me.. I hope and pray Michigan follows up with similar action some day.. Probably not soon though cause of who just got in as Guvner here.. Sad.. We did go MAGA back in '16 though so thats a HUGE plus,,, there,, my morning :missingtooth: is back :big-grin-emoticon::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:

@Freebird,,, when you gonna get us FLAG to wave brother? I know its my tired old eyes but that puny little thing is getting hard to see :happy34:

Great post. And if I were back in Nebraska I would be open carry like times of old. And here in NC it is allowed, but with our very liberal areas (Charlotte, Raleigh,Durham and Chaple Hill) I don't need the hassle. Therefore concealed carry works for me (tough in the sweltering summer). :backinmyday::detective::confused24:

:farmer:

I to live in NC also have a CCW permit don't usually carrry unless I visit Charlotte ( Gang Land South ). Then I pack a 9 on me and one in the car door pocket chambered and ready. I'm about 25 miles North of Charlotte as close as I care to be.:Avatars_Gee_George:

It's official the governor signed it. June 1st KY will be constitutional carry.

Out of curiosity, with your state being constitutional carry do they still offer a CCW? I ask because the main reason I got my CCW is because I live in Wisconsin but I often hunt in Michigan. For nonresidents in Michigan you must have a CCW issued by your home state to even be in POSSESSION of a handgun, let alone carry it around in the woods. I have had encounters with coyote, wolves, and bears while roaming the upper MI woods. Never had to fire yet but been real close, Gun out, hammer back, two handed grip and a proper stance, critters were within a step or 2 of a loud noise. I know i can not out run any of those critters.