IGNORED

Passenger footpeg opinions??

RDawson

I finally got my parts back from powder coat and installed IMG_1285.jpgIMG_1284.jpg I integrated a Wolo horn mount in the right side mount. I went ahead and punched out a few more sets while I was set up. The question is I plan to donate some to Freebird's MD raffle and for St Jude and I'm not sure if people would want the horn mount or is it better to cut it off before powder coating? I guess I should also ask if anybody wants them at all.

Ronnie they look great. As for the horn for the horn is a good idea. I use to make a horn bracket out of stainless steel and a lot of people wanted them. I would leave the parts as is and let the people decide if they want the horn bracket.

I may be interested in a set, what would you need to get for a set. Also would they come in chrome or polished stainless?

Thanks, Craig

These are polished aluminum. I can do stainless and also considering powder coat black arms with aluminum pegs. I don't have a chrome shop close. I haven't really thought what it'll cost to make them, I'll get back to you.

Ron you can use stainless and polish it to chrome finish and it will last longer than chrome plating.

I used to do a LOT of metal work in a couple of food plants here. Everything was stainless from the ductwork to wall trim and tons of custom parts. To be honest I loved it then but I don't miss working with stainless. It's so much harder on tooling and skin.

We were touring one of those plants recently with the fire dept and I stopped to look at a very complex piece of equipment. One of my firefighters asked if I could build it trying to be funny, the plant supervisor laughed at him and quickly informed him that not only did I build that one 20 years ago but I also built the piece of equipment needed to make the compound bends. Ended the smarta$$ comments then and there.

Dang, ya got me thinking of days long gone, I'm gonna have to pull out the tig rig and go grab some stainless bar stock now.

I used to do a LOT of metal work in a couple of food plants here. Everything was stainless from the ductwork to wall trim and tons of custom parts. To be honest I loved it then but I don't miss working with stainless. It's so much harder on tooling and skin.

We were touring one of those plants recently with the fire dept and I stopped to look at a very complex piece of equipment. One of my firefighters asked if I could build it trying to be funny, the plant supervisor laughed at him and quickly informed him that not only did I build that one 20 years ago but I also built the piece of equipment needed to make the compound bends. Ended the smarta$$ comments then and there.

Dang, ya got me thinking of days long gone, I'm gonna have to pull out the tig rig and go grab some stainless bar stock now.

Stainless ia a royal PITA to work with, but it sure can be purdy.

When I worked at Turkey Point power plant, I did some time on the Nuke side, and during an overhaul I had a chance to check out the reactor head. It sat in a stainless swimming pool, which was drained, and I climbed down the ladder to check out the head itself, and it was really cool...(temp was still quite warm) but it looked cool.

Everything was polished stainless....it was like everything I looked at down there was a mirror finish.

I picked up a bit of a dose meandering around down there, but it was worth it......Besides, I thought it was a cool feature when I grew a third testicle...:rotf:

Stainless ia a royal PITA to work with, but it sure can be purdy.

When I worked at Turkey Point power plant, I did some time on the Nuke side, and during an overhaul I had a chance to check out the reactor head. It sat in a stainless swimming pool, which was drained, and I climbed down the ladder to check out the head itself, and it was really cool...(temp was still quite warm) but it looked cool.

Everything was polished stainless....it was like everything I looked at down there was a mirror finish.

I picked up a bit of a dose meandering around down there, but it was worth it......Besides, I thought it was a cool feature when I grew a third testicle...:rotf:

I was never around the nukes but have spent a ton of time in the two food plants, a chemical plant, and a Fisher Price plant before they shipped it off to Mexico. Some time in a few others but these were the main ones. After I got into the fire service I was still working part time mainly for the chemical company, it was all stainless too. They are the reason I got out of the business years ago, I saw too many things going on to get me killed. As far as the third testicle goes two always got me in enough trouble I might not have made it with a third.

Hey, if the stainless is a hassle, I am sure the alum. could be polished up pretty nice. Just thought they looked pretty slick and I am sure my wife would like another option for foot position.

Craig

Mine are polished to a mirror finish. Trying to decide whether to clear coat or wax for protection.

Hey, if the stainless is a hassle, I am sure the alum. could be polished up pretty nice. Just thought they looked pretty slick and I am sure my wife would like another option for foot position.

Craig

I made these after the 9 hr trip back from Don's took a toll on my wife. The arms are 1/4" 6061 aluminum with nylon swivel washers for smooth movement. Tension in adjustable. Pegs can be black or titanium color. All stainless hardware. You do have to drill one 1/4" hole in the floorboard mount bracket, takes longer to do that than install them. I have the same type bolt heads as on the side covers to match them. I go in for surgery Tuesday so it'll be a few weeks before I finish the ones I have cut out and can make more. I think I'll do some with and without the horn tab. If there's much interest I'll list them in the classifieds. For members only they'll run $125.