IGNORED

$12 ??? $12??? Really?

RDawson

Just got my nastygram for the annual $12. Got me to thinking what I'm getting from this place for that. Looking back at what I've done since joining, here's what I came up with:

Bought 1st gen parts bike, looked like everyone had one, right?

2nd gen bike, need two bikes right?

Then started adding parts I read about here:

Leveling links

Buddy Rich cable and Zumo.

Bluetooth receiver

Mic Mutes

extra fuse block

Wolo horn

Head sets, never used intercom before.

Amplirider

Skydoc clutch set on both bikes

Charging station in place of cassette.

Ignition bypass

trailer, hitch, and wiring harness.

Darkside tire!!!!! Oh the horror stories.

Passenger footpegs ( Thanks Wiz for the base design drawings)

Armrests coming soon.

Two nights stay at some place called the Red Roof.

And a chance to meet some of the best people around motorcycles I've ever seen.

Most expensive $12 I've ever seen, and that says a lot since I have a wife and 2 daughters. Oh well the payment is on the way.

Now I guess I need to figure out how much I've saved learning how to work on these machines, getting use of a valve shim kit, a couple of free shims(thanks Mega2500) and other perks from members. Oh we'll see ya back at MD in June.

Just got my nastygram for the annual $12. Got me to thinking what I'm getting from this place for that. Looking back at what I've done since joining, here's what I came up with:

Bought 1st gen parts bike, looked like everyone had one, right?

2nd gen bike, need two bikes right?

Then started adding parts I read about here:

Leveling links

Buddy Rich cable and Zumo.

Bluetooth receiver

Mic Mutes

extra fuse block

Wolo horn

Head sets, never used intercom before.

Amplirider

Skydoc clutch set on both bikes

Charging station in place of cassette.

Ignition bypass

trailer, hitch, and wiring harness.

Darkside tire!!!!! Oh the horror stories.

Passenger footpegs ( Thanks Wiz for the base design drawings)

Armrests coming soon.

Two nights stay at some place called the Red Roof.

And a chance to meet some of the best people around motorcycles I've ever seen.

Most expensive $12 I've ever seen, and that says a lot since I have a wife and 2 daughters. Oh well the payment is on the way.

Now I guess I need to figure out how much I've saved learning how to work on these machines, getting use of a valve shim kit, a couple of free shims(thanks Mega2500) and other perks from members. Oh we'll see ya back at MD in June.

Forgot one absolutely priceless advantage of being a lop eared VR varmint,, ya get to be friends with he who control's the White Wash and who it lands on and who it don't!!!! THAT and THAT alone is worth a buck a month IMHO :big-grin-emoticon:

Glad you decided to stick around Corporal Newkirk - I really enjoy your company!!

Forgot one absolutely priceless advantage of being a lop eared VR varmint,, ya get to be friends with he who control's the White Wash and who it lands on and who it don't!!!! THAT and THAT alone is worth a buck a month IMHO :big-grin-emoticon:

Glad you decided to stick around Corporal Newkirk - I really enjoy your company!!

I ain't going nowhere!!! I can't tell you how many hours I've idled away reading old posts while I'm laid up with this shoulder. That alone has been worth a fortune keeping me somewhat sane. I'd hate to see where I'd be on these bikes without this place. Having a ball.

Impressive!

Now that you have her pretty well equipped whatcha want for her? Hmm

Ha. With the help of the members of this place I've taken a a very nice bike and turned it into what I believe is the ultimate touring machine. I've ridden as much as 850 miles in a day solo and 550 two up in great comfort. I checked out a lot of bikes before buying this one, it's the most comfortable ride I've been on and wife agrees. Now that I've pretty well gone thru it nose to tail and checked/serviced it I feel great confidence it will take us whereever we go in upcoming retirement. Even better I know if there is ever an issue I have one he🏒🏒 of a support team to help us out. $12 a year is the cheapest mechanic rates I've ever seen. Selling her now would be like selling one of the kids. I'd never heard of some of the electronics I've added until reading of them here. Creature comforts.

Now if it'll go another 900,000 miles I might get close to Cowpuc numbers.

I love that Blue color!!

I spent a year looking for that color bike with decent miles and price. I wanted it from the first time I saw one. If we ever go to a trike it will have the 99 red/silver paint scheme. Those are the best looking trikes on the road.

Other than a few gadgets on the bars it looks pretty well like Yammy built it. Well a little dirtier in this pic. https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115602https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115603

Goodness gracious THAT is GORGEOUS!!! :clap2::dancefool:

That sweetheart just SCREAMS,,, GO WEST YOUNG MAN,,,, AND TAKE ME WITH YA!!!!:7_6_3[1]::sign Rock On:

Goodness gracious THAT is GORGEOUS!!! :clap2::dancefool:

That sweetheart just SCREAMS,,, GO WEST YOUNG MAN,,,, AND TAKE ME WITH YA!!!!:7_6_3[1]::sign Rock On:

We plan a big tour out west after we get the last youngun grown and out. She just turned 17. This year we're going north, plan is to make Don's for a couple of days and maybe follow Bongobob and Marcarl toward their homelands and take in Niagara. That'll be our anniversary trip of 25 years. Figure I owe her that much for 25 years since I took her to MD at 24. I'd hoped to make Vogel and/or Asheville but Doc says this shoulder thing will have me off work 5-6 months, that may put a kink in my travels. Hope to see you at Don's.

We plan a big tour out west after we get the last youngun grown and out. She just turned 17. This year we're going north, plan is to make Don's for a couple of days and maybe follow Bongobob and Marcarl toward their homelands and take in Niagara. That'll be our anniversary trip of 25 years. Figure I owe her that much for 25 years since I took her to MD at 24. I'd hoped to make Vogel and/or Asheville but Doc says this shoulder thing will have me off work 5-6 months, that may put a kink in my travels. Hope to see you at Don's.

OUTSTANDING!!! Sounds like one awesome Anniversary there my friend!! Of course you KNOW I bid you two Honeymooners nothing but the very finest and bestest ever Silver Anniversary = 25 years is AWESOME my brother :thumbsup:!!! Give that precious bride of yours a big old Puc :bighug:and tell her I said thanks for standing by her man:happy34:!

Lord willing, we are hoping/planning to make it to Don's MD and hope to see you folks there! We are marrying off the last of our 4 during that month but are hoping things are settled back down when MD rolls around. :think:Always something :hihi:.

Thoughts and Prayers Up on the shoulder Corporal,,, Godspeed for quick and full recovery!!:happy34:

I ain't going nowhere!!! I can't tell you how many hours I've idled away reading old posts while I'm laid up with this shoulder. That alone has been worth a fortune keeping me somewhat sane. I'd hate to see where I'd be on these bikes without this place. Having a ball.
Now I'm confused :confused07: :think: You claim to be a member here, You claim to read all the posts inc @cowpuc's :backinmyday: and yet you claim to remain SANE :confused24: . There is absolutely no way you can possibly be sane. :banana:

Now I'm confused :confused07: :think: You claim to be a member here, You claim to read all the posts inc cowpuc's :backinmyday: and yet you claim to remain SANE :confused24: . There is absolutely no way you can possibly be sane. :banana:

You need to re-read my post. I said SOMEWHAT sane. That's about as good as it gets. :confused07::confused07: Are there any members that can be called sane?

Now I'm confused :confused07: :think: You claim to be a member here, You claim to read all the posts inc cowpuc's :backinmyday: and yet you claim to remain SANE :confused24: . There is absolutely no way you can possibly be sane. :banana:

Me and Bum can verify that a simple trip to Kunuckian land for a Meet Greet, a snooze in one of Dogmans dog houses, lunch with a group of escapies from a Kunuckian physc ward and then end up in the middle of the pack during the grand Kunuckian Bike Tour riding beside those who probably planned-executed the escape from the farm then,, if you had any form of saneness about you before you parted for the journey,,, that saneness will be nothing but a distant memory on the ride home:Bunny:

You need to re-read my post. I said SOMEWHAT sane. That's about as good as it gets. :confused07::confused07: Are there any members that can be called sane?

I have personally toured parts of all 48 lower States and a fair amount of Kunuckian land, have been to a variety of VR gatherings and met numerous lop eared VR club member varmints in the process and can 100% certify that if its sanity a person is looking for,,, that person should probably search the web a little more.. Fact is,, in all my research,,, I have only found one totally sane person within VR and his fingers are getting tired of typing this so you will have to guess who that is!:Laugh:

AND FREE HOT DOGS :parrots::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

HOTDOGS (with alllllllll the fixins:thumbsup2:) FOR EVERYONE DREWSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2::dancefool:

Ha. 🏒🏒 of a support team to help us out. $12 a year is the cheapest mechanic rates I've ever seen.

Now if it'll go another 900,000 miles I might get close to Cowpuc numbers.

Well we enjoy spending your money, at your expense of course;)

I have personally toured parts of all 48 lower States and a fair amount of Kunuckian land, have been to a variety of VR gatherings and met numerous lop eared VR club member varmints in the process and can 100% certify that if its sanity a person is looking for,,, that person should probably search the web a little more.. Fact is,, in all my research,,, I have only found one totally sane person within VR and his fingers are getting tired of typing this so you will have to guess who that is!:Laugh:
Mmmm When cowpuc did you out source your typing :whistling: banana.gif

:guitarist 2::beer::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::rotf::rotf::rotf:,,, hey,,, wait second here,,, what am I laughing about here,, :think:,, I think ya might be sinuating the Pucster is just another one of ya bunch of lop eared twisted brained VR varmints.. :yikes:

On the other hand though and just an FYI saddlebum,,, Tip did indeed write that on my behalf:guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2:

:guitarist 2::beer::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::rotf::rotf::rotf:,,, hey,,, wait second here,,, what am I laughing about here,, :think:,, I think ya might be sinuating the Pucster is just another one of ya bunch of lop eared twisted brained VR varmints.. :yikes:

On the other hand though and just an FYI saddlebum,,, Tip did indeed write that on my behalf:guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2:

Ok now I'm the one confused. I've never met Puc in person but I've seen some pictures............sane?

Ok now I'm the one confused. I've never met Puc in person but I've seen some pictures............sane?

And I rest my case.:backinmyday:

:scratchchin:,,, quoting from one of my all time favorite history books,, Mathew 7 verse 1,,, Judge not ye lop eared varmints, lest YOU be judged :biker: :guitarist 2::rasberry:

I have only found one totally sane person within VR and his fingers are getting tired of typing this so you will have to guess who that is!:Laugh:

Tippy?

I thought so....:thumbsup:

And I rest my case.:backinmyday:

Your case is well rested.

:scratchchin:,,, quoting from one of my all time favorite history books,, Mathew 7 verse 1,,, Judge not ye lop eared varmints, lest YOU be judged :biker: :guitarist 2::rasberry:

Well sine I be judged all the time I guess that it is then OK for me to judge. There is no sane person that has ever thought that I was sane, and it takes one to know one.:moon::rasberry:

Tippy?

I thought so....:thumbsup:

Your case is well rested.

Well sine I be judged all the time I guess that it is then OK for me to judge. There is no sane person that has ever thought that I was sane, and it takes one to know one.:moon::rasberry:

and YOU know em ALL,, nah nah dee boo boo!! :moon::moon::moon::moon::rasberry::rasberry: