IGNORED

Snow Report!!!

RDawson

Had a heavy, wet snow yesterday morning. Enough that I called off work, as I didn't want to do an involved job on a roof in that crap.

Ended up plowing the drive, and 5 neighbors drives. I waited for the snow to stop before plowing, and as I began to plow, down came a fairly heavy rain.

It was just a nasty day....glad I stayed home.....plus I got some brownie points with the neighbors.:snow:

Spent the day chasing Birdie, my 2 year old Grandson, around Meijers in Battle Creek Michigan... Filled the car up when I left and when I got back to Muskegon, used a whole $4.35 to get us home from Birdies. It didn't snow, it was warm out - a little more than yesterday, there was some ice, to cold for riding or shooting but really,, I didnt mind at all,,, this being a Grandpa is good stuff, I am so tired from chasing that 2 year old round and round that great big store I am falling asleep,, what a GREAT tiredness :draming::grandpa:

We got a pretty fresh 9 inches of snow here and then for good measure the snow changed to rain at the end so that 9 inches has a nice 1/4 inch cap of ice over it. The ice does a good job of sealing the snow so that it can not go away by sublimation. It also keeps the warm air from touching the snow to try to melt it. This weekend we are expecting heavy rain the water will run off the snow instead of soaking in and melting it. We will be underwater by Sunday.

We are experiencing a major storm coming through Arizona the next 2 days. I'm expecting 1.5 inches of rain. The mountains next to Tucson could get 3 feet of snow. The mountains across the valley from me should be covered in the white stuff nicely by Saturday morning.

I may even get some snow if it gets cold enough. We've been around freezing a few nights this week already and expecting 26 Saturday morning. So...if the storm slows...I'll have snow!!

My shovel is ready!

:beer:

We are experiencing a major storm coming through Arizona the next 2 days. I'm expecting 1.5 inches of rain. The mountains next to Tucson could get 3 feet of snow. The mountains across the valley from me should be covered in the white stuff nicely by Saturday morning.

I may even get some snow if it gets cold enough. We've been around freezing a few nights this week already and expecting 26 Saturday morning. So...if the storm slows...I'll have snow!!

My shovel is ready!

You gotta hand it to that @Flyinfool,, he IS a resourceful varmint.. I had no idea that he had perfected the high temp stuff, thinking I better check my dividends on my high temp snow investment..

Hey VAz,, IF you get white wash and IF you have a second,, grab some more Arizona white wash shots for us will you? I think those are sooooooo AWESOME!!

We got a pretty fresh 9 inches of snow here and then for good measure the snow changed to rain at the end so that 9 inches has a nice 1/4 inch cap of ice over it. The ice does a good job of sealing the snow so that it can not go away by sublimation. It also keeps the warm air from touching the snow to try to melt it. This weekend we are expecting heavy rain the water will run off the snow instead of soaking in and melting it. We will be underwater by Sunday.

And to think,, we are east of you,, probably right in its path:crying:

My shovel is ready!

You are the only one excited that you might get snow, better not let those TT lines freeze :yikes:

:snow2:

You are the only one excited that you might get snow, better not let those TT lines freeze :yikes:

:snow2:

I hope I got all the water out of the lines. I have 4 drains and they were empty....so crossing fingers.

Yep...starting to snow nicely now and sticking. Actually snowing in Tucson at this moment. My backyard is beginning to look like a typical New Hampshire white out!

If the snow keeps up, this will be the second time I've been able to use my snow shovel in 5 years....and both of those times were this winter.:banana:

Alas....temps going back up into the 70's next week....sigh...

I hope I got all the water out of the lines. I have 4 drains and they were empty....so crossing fingers.

Yep...starting to snow nicely now and sticking. Actually snowing in Tucson at this moment. My backyard is beginning to look like a typical New Hampshire white out!

If the snow keeps up, this will be the second time I've been able to use my snow shovel in 5 years....and both of those times were this winter.:banana:

Alas....temps going back up into the 70's next week....sigh...

SIGH??? He says SIGH cause it's gonna be back into the 70's? Hey VAz, come on back up here to Fool's playground and I WILL SHOW YOU SOMETHING TO SIGHHHHHH ABOUT!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Well...it's been snowing steadily since 8am....we don't have much to show for it as it's 34 degrees....and snow isn't sticking. Boring!~

20190222_103144.jpg20190222_130553.jpg20190222_130540.jpg20190222_111621.jpg

The orange tree was at 8am....the road pic was just at 1:15pm. Nice large flakes. We would have 4 to 5 inches by now if it was sticking...rats!

Wonder where my snow chains are for the scoot?

:snow::beer::biker:

Well...it's been snowing steadily since 8am....we don't have much to show for it as it's 34 degrees....and snow isn't sticking. Boring!~

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115592https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115593https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115594https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115595

The orange tree was at 8am....the road pic was just at 1:15pm. Nice large flakes. We would have 4 to 5 inches by now if it was sticking...rats!

Wonder where my snow chains are for the scoot?

:snow::beer::biker:

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW,, THANK"S VAz!! THAT is BEAUTIFUL!!!:clap2::clap2::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh my gosh,, what am sayin,,, Tweeksis and Maggie be stuck in the basement all winter cause of that nasty stuff and listen to me... Oh well,,, can't help it,, THAT REALLY IS PURDY IMHO!!

There @Flyinfool,, hope your happy,, ya been :stickpoke::stickpoke: for so long now I done went nuts:starz:

IMG_1366.JPG

So. All this talk about nice fluffy White Stuff, AND odd drop of rain, falls on some bittersweet ears today.

Assignment: favor for 'The Neighbor' - who can't do so personally becuz HE's sitting comfortably on the patio of his Winter Escape in Naples, Flaw.

Hope you see the large white propane tank on upper right in attached foto? That tank has a gauge indicating how much propane remains after a chilly Winter here in S.E. Ontario's Prince Edward County. Behind the foto is our place, btw.

Objective: navigating that long, several inches thick Ice Field, partially snow-covered, and grabbing foto evidence of said gauge, to relieve or heighten concerns about the Tank lasting until his Spring return. Naturally, to add further drama, the land slopes impressively toward a ten foot drop to The Bay of Quinte.

(Later: made it there 'n back via our 2016 Yammy Wolverine R-Spec with CHAINED front tires. Without them, you wouldn't have a hope in H. Btw: 'Wolfy' got 'r done - just under 50% left in the Tank.)

Apologies to all our Deep South Pals; we KNOW you're wishing for similar opportunities.~

Rgds, WRIDR

I am just wishing and praying the rain would stop. Rivers are out of their banks and enough is enough.:rain2::rain2::rain2:

:farmer:

Here too. Rivers are out, the dams are dumping all they can into the Ohio, and we have a huge storm coming today. In that pic of my bike I ASSumed there was gravel in front of the LBL sign and nearly got the bike stuck. The ground is rotten everywhere.

FINALLY! Sun to come out today and 70 degrees. Man I need that. Going to strip necked and dry my body out. :doh::innocent::backinmyday::sun1:

:farmer:

You gonna go ride nekid??:biker: :big-grin-emoticon:

Personally I have always kinda of enjo,,, never mind Sly,,, too much information for this time of morning :doh:

Yep,, POURING RAIN HERE TOO!! Never thought I would say it but Flyinfool,, could you PLEASE mix up a batch of hi-temp for us? This keeps up our only form of transportation is gonna be our 12 foot flat bottom and little lectric trolling motor :Laugh:

Well you asked for it, Snow expected every day this week.........:rasberry: No concrete plans for next week.........yet:moon:

OH, there's an idea, most of the snow I did this year SO FAR was the light fluffy kind, Its been a while since I did a good batch of snow that is as heavy as and has the consistency of concrete.

Puc you are just so good at putting ideas into my poor little brain..........:rotf::stirthepot: