IGNORED

To salt or not to salt - this is the ?.. Does your area use salt on the roads?

cowpuc

$4K for a high mileage, rusted out, 20 year old car is not cheap. $4K is about what it would be worth if it did not have any rust and lower mileage.

In the pics it looked like most of the holes were in the body mounts. A real PITA to fix. It requires taking the whole body off the frame to be able to get at it to fix it right.

As for salt, so far the city has already used 750,000 TONS of the 1 million TONS of salt that they bought for this whole winter. We are in a weather pattern of snow every other day for the foreseeable future. They have already started mixing salt and sand 40-60 to stretch the salt out longer.

The frame is pretty much gone on that Jeep, the rear control arm mount has torn away and most likely the rest is not structurally sound. That thing looks like it was given a full salt bath multiple times. I've fixed a few early TJs in the Chicago area and usually don't see them that bad from just typical road salt. Either it was driven HARD with no general maintenance or came from out of state with a sand blasted underside and the rust was able to take hold real quick. That truck is probably worth less than half the asking price for the donor drivetrain and scrap metal.

Also, around here it hasn't so much been the snow but the regular freezing rain that we don't typically get.

Who ME???

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115577

I figure that if I can get them to use up all the salt then they can not put any more down to try to improve my gas mileage thru chemical weight reduction.

:scratchchin:,, nahhhh, nada,, no way,,,,,, has nuttin to do with weight losses and fuel consumptions and all that fancy shamcy fast talk,, has everything to do with your LOVE for makin it :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: and covering the World with Wisconsin White Wash.

You can Fool some of the people some of the time but you cant Fool me :rasberry::rasberry::rasberry::moon::duck::duck:

I do still absolutely LOVE your little painter guy,,, THAT is just flat out BAD TO THE BONE BROTHER!!:guitarist 2::guitarist 2:

Start a Go Fund Me to put that on a Bill Board and I WILL contribute to the cause Jeff :witch_brew::rotf:

The frame is pretty much gone on that Jeep, the rear control arm mount has torn away and most likely the rest is not structurally sound. That thing looks like it was given a full salt bath multiple times. I've fixed a few early TJs in the Chicago area and usually don't see them that bad from just typical road salt. Either it was driven HARD with no general maintenance or came from out of state with a sand blasted underside and the rust was able to take hold real quick. That truck is probably worth less than half the asking price for the donor drivetrain and scrap metal.

Also, around here it hasn't so much been the snow but the regular freezing rain that we don't typically get.

Or the owner shared our love for and spent lots of time here :big-grin-emoticon::

Other than being RWD, that ought to do the job. :icon_lurker::happy65: And think that when you are out with it plinking, you can put the targets on the side. :rotf::rotfl::rotf::rotfl:

:farmer:

:crackup::happy34::crackup::happy34::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:..

And build a Black Powder Cannon go mount on it and then paint = "SHERMAN TANKS YOU" on the sides of it!!:cool10: