IGNORED

Puc and Tips: Fun With Guns thread! Sharing ours and hopefully you will share yours!

cowpuc

There you go Cowpuc, you solved my issues over posting pics. Going to go back to digital camera and do it the way I used to. Found a Nikon Coolpix L26 in a drawer and going to check it out. I did take the batterries out. I am smarter than I thunk.:cool10::banana::happy34:

:farmer:

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Found the box, manual, download cable and the warrantty. Gaurantee you that it's a first, since I throw stuff out quick. Posts pictures are in the future my friends. Gun pics coming soon as soon as I install good stuff on my 1911.:cool10::guitarist 2::backinmyday::clap2::thumbsup2::dancefool::thumbsup::photographing:

:scared::95:

But DADDY,,, AINT CHRISTMAS EVER GONNA GET HERE :680::680::680::680:

Eagerly awaiting the story and the pics brother!! Glad you found the camera!! Hope it works like new and the shootin iron stuff shines like the morning sun peeking over the Western Montana mountain skyline on a fresh spring morning :hihi:

Well the last care package was a bust. The two piece guide rod was too long and stuck out far enough so that the barrel bushing couldn't close. And the multi comp bushing and compensator was way loose on the barrel and the OD was too large to fit the slide. Boogers. Sent them back this morning. Sent a message to Wilson Combat and may get some new info. Just didn't feel like messing with machining and besides the ID was just too much to give a tight barrel fit. One thing I don't need is bullets going every where. I can do that without spending green.:mo money:

Cowpuc, I am sending you three pics later. If you would post them for me I would be grateful. The camera works great but the pics wind up on my Cloud pictures and the size goes from 6kb to 6mb. Going to light up my older computer and try it.

Well the last care package was a bust. The two piece guide rod was too long and stuck out far enough so that the barrel bushing couldn't close. And the multi comp bushing and compensator was way loose on the barrel and the OD was too large to fit the slide. Boogers. Sent them back this morning. Sent a message to Wilson Combat and may get some new info. Just didn't feel like messing with machining and besides the ID was just too much to give a tight barrel fit. One thing I don't need is bullets going every where. I can do that without spending green.:mo money:

Cowpuc, I am sending you three pics later. If you would post them for me I would be grateful. The camera works great but the pics wind up on my Cloud pictures and the size goes from 6kb to 6mb. Going to light up my older computer and try it.

Like an old MXin buddy I use to race with use to say Sly,, "Its ALWAYS something!!"!! IMHO, when fooling with these shooters,, the Winter time with Fool playing with the White Washer 24/7 and all this :cold: nonsense happening,, it is the PERFECT time for sortin em out,,, Tweek here = Tweek there,, keep playin that tune till we get it right = BEFORE shootin time gets here :happy65:!! Wilson is a GOOD company,, I am sure they will take care of you!!

Had the AR with the Conversion out for some test-n-tune time.. It was working GREAT and then it started having FTF problems,, I got an after market trigger in both the AR's so I thought maybe I was going to have to do some polishing on the BCG of the Conversion.. Got home, took it down and noticed right away that I had a LOT of build up on the bolt face of the conversion. As you know, the 22lr are blow back where the 556's and 308's AR's are gas operated.. I had forgotten how absolutely filthy 22's are.. Now I got er all cleaned back up, did some polishing on the BCG rails anyway,, all looks good and ready for the next test. Also just finished my monthly running of the bikes, both Maggie (R1) and Tweeksis (our 83) to make sure the carbs dont solidify over winter = might be the wrong way but its my way of winterization.. WOW was that FUN,, smelled sooooooo good to bring em both up to temp and tap the mains a few times. "Always something" :witch_brew:

Anyway,, PLEASE do send those pics of what ever = like I said,, be more than happy to help get the pics on here for something to :Im not listening to about!! That's what friends are for brother!!

SEND EM

Puc

Ok folks, here we go,, more AWESOME shooters!! Only, regretfully,, these sweethearts do not belong to me... @Sylvester, Sly,, I got em cooked here brother.. The original pics were fairly small so in the resizing - they got a little blurry (sorry bro) but still very viewable. I am going to go ahead here and post both versions.. Also cant wait to hear the full blown laydown of each shooter... Take it away ya lop eared fancy shootin iron varmint :big-grin-emoticon:

P.S.,, you are welcome my friend!!

Sly1.jpgSly2.jpgSly3.jpgSly4.jpgSly5.jpgSly6.jpg

Thanks again, Puc.

First picture is my Mark III Ruger target model with bull barrel and adjustable sights. I purchase it used last fall and had feeding issues. Sent back to Ruger and all is good now. Added dot sight and adjusted on a bench rest to point balnk accuracy. What a fun shooter and cheap to operate.

Second is my Remington R1 which I bought new in 09. Not particularly a great shooter but adequate up until Cowpuc started these winter shooting posts. I have had the dovetails milled and Novak adjustable rear sight and Novak trijicon front added. Then a Storm Lake match barrel and bushing, Wilson Combat full length guide rod with 17# flat wire spring and grips. Definitely a contender for bowling pins and falling plate competitions.

Last is my Bersa Thunder Pro HC 9mm. This is my favorite handgun. Dead accurate after one sight adjustment. Very sweet shooting and with high capacity 17 + 1. Very quick re-accuiring target and easy pull trigger makes this DA-SA the cat's azz. I have long had a love affair with Bersa and this is my third, after a .380 Thunder and .380 hi-cap Thunder.

What else can I say other than "time to go shootin" ?

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW!! Gorgeous shootin irons there FOR SURE Sly!! Just flat out awesome!!!

I LOVE where you went with the MK3!! You mentioned me :stirthepot: with this thread gettin the ol fixin and spoilin them shooters motor runnin,, well,, you done returned the favor with this one brother!!! I gotta MK1 that has been a absolute favorite of mine for years,, thousands of rounds of cheap Thunderbolts ran thru it.. It DEFINITELY is a fun, cheap, accurate piece of Ruger history and now,, it IS gonna get a face lift!

I REALLY like your add on brother! Seeing that Pictanny strip on top :bowdown: with the (I am assuming?) quick point red dot "scope" aboard just gives me :bighug:!! I am thinking you had the receiver cut with dove tails and then used a dove tail to pitanny mount on top:178:? LOOKS GREAT! Being a first gen,, my MK1 came with non adjustables (good sites but a pain cause you gotta reaquire aim point every time at the range if your shooting for "Bull" instead of groupin. Yep, your ol shootin buddy is DEFINITELY gonna copy cat cha on that one my friend!!:happy34::happy34::happy65:

I also just grabbed new magazine for mine,, sort of expensive (22 bucks) but the original was getting pretty tired and loose to the point it had feed problems too. If that dont fix it, I will also do like you and send her in and see what they say. I think that mag is one of the things that changed on the "3" Sly, mine has little slider at the base of the grip that you move to release the mag, does your MK3 have a side button release like your other 2 shooters in the pics? Also think Ruger may have done away with that tricky little bolt group carrier release handle on the rear that makes cleaning em tricky?

LOVE what you did with it Sly,, JUST AWESOME!!

More :witch_brew::stirthepot::Im not listening to on the other 2 as soon as my finger reaquire from typin :missingtooth: and I eat these Potato Pancakes Tip scorched me for breakfast :fatsmiley:

The Mark III came pre-drilled on top to add the rail from Ruger. This one had it when I bought it. And yes it has the side button to drop the mag. It also has that infernal bolt realese like yours, they changed that on the Mark IV. There are after market products to simplify the bolt removal but not like the Mark IV. I have the removal down pat and it is not a big deal anymore. I have a red/green light with four different (cross hairs) for sighting and it was only

The Mark III came pre-drilled on top to add the rail from Ruger. This one had it when I bought it. And yes it has the side button to drop the mag. It also has that infernal bolt realese like yours, they changed that on the Mark IV. There are after market products to simplify the bolt removal but not like the Mark IV. I have the removal down pat and it is not a big deal anymore. I have a red/green light with four different (cross hairs) for sighting and it was only

Ahhh, that is interesting! Hey Sly, is the top of the receiver on your MK3 also milled flat to accept the rail from Ruger or is it just drilled and tapped? If it made so the radius of the rail matches the radius of an unmilled surface, could you drop a set Verniers or mics on it and give me the measurement? My MK1 is not bull barreled like your MK3 but I wonder of the actual receiver tops are the same diameter and if so, maybe all I need to do is drill and tap it!!

Ahhh, that is interesting! Hey Sly, is the top of the receiver on your MK3 also milled flat to accept the rail from Ruger or is it just drilled and tapped? If it made so the radius of the rail matches the radius of an unmilled surface, could you drop a set Verniers or mics on it and give me the measurement? My MK1 is not bull barreled like your MK3 but I wonder of the actual receiver tops are the same diameter and if so, maybe all I need to do is drill and tap it!!

I will do that my Lop eared friend, as soon as I dig up my calipers/verniers. Probably tomorrow. We have cold weather coming in for the next two days. Like 21 degrees. And I am so accustomed to the warm temps that I lock up like a GTO at the drag strip.:rasberry::rotfl:

Looks like another excuse for you to swim across the pond to get holes drilled on center.

I will do that my Lop eared friend, as soon as I dig up my calipers/verniers. Probably tomorrow. We have cold weather coming in for the next two days. Like 21 degrees. And I am so accustomed to the warm temps that I lock up like a GTO at the drag strip.rasberry.gifrotfl.gif

farmer.gif

Heck up here we are waiting for it to warm UP to 21°F.

You guys are gonna make me start taking some pics of my more unusual guns.

Edited by Flyinfool

Second is my Remington R1 which I bought new in 09. Not particularly a great shooter but adequate up until Cowpuc started these winter shooting posts. I have had the dovetails milled and Novak adjustable rear sight and Novak trijicon front added. Then a Storm Lake match barrel and bushing, Wilson Combat full length guide rod with 17# flat wire spring and grips. Definitely a contender for bowling pins and falling plate competitions.

What else can I say other than "time to go shootin" ?

R1 :scared:,,,never knew Remington made an R1 :missingtooth:..

OH YEA,, GOTTA LOVE THEM 1911'S!!! Sooo much fun!! Aint nuthin touches the heart of historic shooters like a good old 45acp 1911!! :thumbsup:

Then the fun begins in tricken em out = so many options and soo easy to keep the wallet enemic :missingtooth:.. I did not even know Remington made a 1911 till now Sly.. I googled it and WOWZY WOW WOW WOW,, come to find out, Remington was making 1911's all the way back to the FIRST World War:scared:.. Wayyyy cool!!

Heck up here we are waiting for it to warm UP to 21°F.

You guys are gonna make me start taking some pics of my more unusual guns.

Well put down that set of White Washer Nozzles ya got in your hand and grab the camera brother :happy65::stickpoke::snow::no-no-no:

Cowpuc, More pictures headed your way. The MarkIII has rounded receiver probably like yours. Rail has rounded base to fit receiver.

The rail is available through Ruger at least for Mark III.

Email coming next.

Like a kid looking under the ol Christmas tree,,, got my eyes peeled Sly!!! :fingers-crossed-emo If Ruger didnt change the diameter of the top of the receiver!! If they didnt,, I will order a rail, scribe a lite line down the center line of the sights, center punch the rail with a transfer punch thru the holes in the rail, drill it, counter sink it and tap it, mount the rail and end up with a little brother MK1 of that gorgeous MK3 of yours!! :missingtooth:

I was thinkin yours was dove tail milled, I called around yesterday before being crystal on what you had there and got a feel for having my receiver milled by a smith.. 2 MONTHS out was the fastest turn around. Didnt even ask price as that ETA is just wayyy to close to the "shootin Batchlor party" I am tossing here for my soon to be Son-In-Law (he LOVES to shoot but is stuck in CommieFornia = to quote my good friend @Condor) this spring. Gonna need the MK1 for that - BIG TIME. Got 5000 rds of Aguilla 40 grain coming too so the MK1 HAS to be here. The drillin and tappin (if this works as planned) I can do right here at home..

Thanks my lop eared shootin iron moddin varmint brother!:thumbsup:

:sign Rock On:

I have sent all five pics to your email. I sent one by text but it took forever to send. It took five emails to get five pics to you, what a pain.:starz:

I have numerous buddies tell me that just hangin out with the likes of me can be such Sly.. Just an FYI to let you know that I understand if you choose to end this association :big-grin-emoticon:

I have numerous buddies tell me that just hangin out with the likes of me can be such Sly.. Just an FYI to let you know that I understand if you choose to end this association :big-grin-emoticon:

I am fine with the association right up to the request for a loan for you to buy new guns.:backinmyday: :thumbsup2: Because I am going to spend that money for my guns.:mo money::clap2:

:fingers-crossed-emo If Ruger didnt change the diameter of the top of the receiver!! If they didnt,, I will order a rail, scribe a lite line down the center line of the sights, center punch the rail with a transfer punch thru the holes in the rail, drill it, counter sink it and tap it, mount the rail and end up with a little brother MK1 of that gorgeous MK3 of yours!! :missingtooth:

Looks like another excuse for you to swim across the pond to get holes drilled on center.

Offer still stands........ Just gotta be before the 21st........

Offer still stands........ Just gotta be before the 21st........

I hear that and I am truly mighty thankful for the offer brother!!:thumbsup: Only problem on my end is this +45 mile wide half frozen swimming hole that lies betwix us,,,, you get that oxy/acet mail service/circus cannon hammered out and maybe :big-grin-emoticon:

PRAYERS UP for the 21st @Flyinfool!! YOU ARE GONNA LOVE YOUR NEW TUNER MY BROTHER!!:thumbsup::fingers-crossed-emo:thumbsup:

Mean while,, back at the ranch... Just a quick note to show non-members or anyone else shyly following this thread how things still operate around the club house here, lop eared varmints helpin lop eared varmints. Been chattin with Sly about moddin my Ruger MK1 to bring about a Picatinny system on it. As shown in pics below that Sly recently sent me of his MK3's receiver, it looks to be as easy as three little holes drilled/tapped = no need to chase down a Gun Smith with a dove tail cutter.. THANK YOU AGAIN JIM FOR THE FOLLOW UP = PERFECT!!ru9.jpgru7.jpgru6.jpgru5.jpg