IGNORED

Led Headlight install

sleepy2

Son contacted someone on site trying to ask comments of getting a headlight and driving lights for me for Christmas. He wanted to know if they were worth or that I would want to do modifications to bike. Having problem finding posts dealing with this. Still on the bubble any advice???????????????????????????

The passing lights are easy...par 36. If you don't do the headlight replacement (like me) you wind up with a fan cooled LED that won't reflect properly with the reflector. Once my low beams were set close, the high beams searched for squirrels in the trees. The pass lights work great. I got mine from Larsen lights and they are trapezoidal spot lights. Don't get the driving light.

:farmer:

I installed a LED bulb because I didn't want to do any modifications. For the driving lights I used a 4-1/2" LED sealed lamp and only had to modify the bolt that connects the lamp bucket to the signal light. It was too long and I had to cut it down so the lamp housing would fit.

I prefer not to ride at night and was more concerned about being seen.

Keith

With the GE H7616 bulbs in my passing lights, I went with an LED headlight bulb. The H7616 bulbs are a narrow beam and very bright. Lights up the road better than an ultra headlight bulb so my interest was in getting a bright white headlight so between the passing lights and headlight I'm very visible. LOL - you've been in front of me on rides....what do you think?