IGNORED

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW!! Prayers Up for all my/our Hurricane Michael riders!!!

cowpuc

Just heard the news,,, Michael is suppose to be the 3rd hardest hitting storm in American history and that sounds ominous to say the least!! If you are dealing with this monster right now, have friends/family that are,, or are just trying to stay out of it's way - GODSPEED and Prayers Up for each of you!!!

Puc

Just heard the news,,, Michael is suppose to be the 3rd hardest hitting storm in American history and that sounds ominous to say the least!! If you are dealing with this monster right now, have friends/family that are,, or are just trying to stay out of it's way - GODSPEED and Prayers Up for each of you!!!

Puc

My baby brother (44 yrs old and on disability) lives just outside of Panama City Beach in a "camper park". He elected to not evacuate. Anxiously waiting to hear from him.

:fingers crossed:

My baby brother (44 yrs old and on disability) lives just outside of Panama City Beach in a "camper park". He elected to not evacuate. Anxiously waiting to hear from him.

:fingers crossed:

Yikes, Prayers up, he might get clobbered. Keep us posted, a couple hours ago that did not look good.

Having just recently endured a cat 2 hurricane by the time it arrived at my house, I would evacuate for a cat 4 for sure. My subdivision looks like a war zone with all the cut up trees stacked in front of the houses. The majority of the homes had one or more trees fall. A few of those fell on the homes. A cat 4 hitting a trailer park would be extremely scary. I hope he does okay.

Yikes, Prayers up, he might get clobbered. Keep us posted, a couple hours ago that did not look good.

We got word this evening that he is okay. He finally decided to abandon his camper and go to someones house and is fine and supposed to go check on his camper tomorrow. Thanks!

Having just recently endured a cat 2 hurricane by the time it arrived at my house, I would evacuate for a cat 4 for sure. My subdivision looks like a war zone with all the cut up trees stacked in front of the houses. The majority of the homes had one or more trees fall. A few of those fell on the homes. A cat 4 hitting a trailer park would be extremely scary. I hope he does okay.

It's actually worse than a trailer park maybe, it is a camper park. Nice campers. Some lady took a parcel of land and put 1/2 dozen or so nice campers on it and rents them out for a flat fee that includes all utilities. So, he may not have a camper when he goes back tomorrow. I would imagine that it takes less wind to cause havoc on those.

Glad he is okay. Thoughts for our Southern riders and hope anyone in the path are okay.

These "once in 100 years" storms will be more common now. Weather people were saying the Gulf was up to 6 degrees warmer than normal and that is why the hurricane picked up strength so quickly. Whether you acknowledge it or not, global warming is here and strong storms will be much more frequent. Arctic ice shields are getting smaller ... even a more permanent route for ships has opened up. Forest fires will get worse as they dry up from the warmer temperatures...

Glad he is okay. Thoughts for our Southern riders and hope anyone in the path are okay.

These "once in 100 years" storms will be more common now. Weather people were saying the Gulf was up to 6 degrees warmer than normal and that is why the hurricane picked up strength so quickly. Whether you acknowledge it or not, global warming is here and strong storms will be much more frequent. Arctic ice shields are getting smaller ... even a more permanent route for ships has opened up. Forest fires will get worse as they dry up from the warmer temperatures...

Maybe so, but last winter was colder than normal and this winter is shaping up as warmer than normal. I just got my electric bill for last month and it is twice as high as it was for the same month last year. (central AC/heat pumps) During the 1996 to 2000 time frame, 4 hurricanes came directly to Wilmington, NC with the eye of all of them going over my house. There haven't been that many in recent years so I remain a little bit of a skeptic.

It's actually worse than a trailer park maybe, it is a camper park. Nice campers. Some lady took a parcel of land and put 1/2 dozen or so nice campers on it and rents them out for a flat fee that includes all utilities. So, he may not have a camper when he goes back tomorrow. I would imagine that it takes less wind to cause havoc on those.

I was just watching the weather channel and they showed a train that had been blown over. The cars were empty but still blowing over a train is scary.

Where I live, west of Charlotte, there is over 4" of rain in my gauge as of 1:00 pm today. Storm will be passed by 4:00 pm and sun to come back. Power went out around 11:00 am but my standby kicked in so all is well. We have heavy winds which probably had something to do with the power outage. Looking forward to a beautiful Friday with fall temps. :2cents:

I hope Mike G in SC fairs well.

:farmer:

I was just watching the weather channel and they showed a train that had been blown over. The cars were empty but still blowing over a train is scary.

To quote cowpuc, "WOWZY WOW WOW WOW!!". This morning on Fox News I saw an 18 wheeler laying on it's side in a parking lot. Panama City Beach will never be the same. It is going to take a long time for it to be somewhat of a normal city again. So much destroyed. Sad.

To quote cowpuc, "WOWZY WOW WOW WOW!!". This morning on Fox News I saw an 18 wheeler laying on it's side in a parking lot. Panama City Beach will never be the same. It is going to take a long time for it to be somewhat of a normal city again. So much destroyed. Sad.

Have you looked at the damage caused to Mexico Beach?

:farmer:

That part of FL. was hit very hard and it will take a long time for clean up and to rebuild. Just a thought where will all the "snow birds" land? It is getting close to their yearly migration.

I would guess that some of the condos will be back open in a few weeks, but obviously not the same glamour. Heard on the news this morning that most of the electrical grid was going to have to be repaired and may take a while.

The worst may be very well 'yet to come'.

Next up - after power restored, and some degree of normalcy returns, are The Insurance Companies.

Apologies for possibly offending any fellow Riders in that Industry, but they will be tightening their belts BIG TIME to attempt ANY degree of Cost Control with a storm that size.

It will be quite some time before Victims get satisfaction for their Claims, and undoubtedly large numbers will be less than satisfied with the results.

Claims on these things are IFFY at best. Even if a claimant receives compensation, rates for the following year(s) will climb significantly, based on personal experience.

Rgds, WRIDR

We were truly fortunate concerning Michael. We live in Pensacola Fl. Initially were in the path but then it turned to the east. While we have heartfelt empathy for those affected by the storm, it was no more than a steady rain, light wind event. By Wednesday afternoon the sun was out and became a very nice day.

My nephew in Raleigh NC, said that Michael was worse than Florence (around where he is).

He had to drive 90 min west for a business meeting, took him four hours to get home. Said he couldn't believe the number of vehicles that had spun off the highway. Power lines & trees down, he shadowed a big rig & was doing 35 max (when he was actually moving).

Thoughts to all, hope that you were saved any major damage or losses, but maybe that's hoping for too much :( Stay Safe!

My nephew in Raleigh NC, said that Michael was worse than Florence (around where he is).

He had to drive 90 min west for a business meeting, took him four hours to get home. Said he couldn't believe the number of vehicles that had spun off the highway. Power lines & trees down, he shadowed a big rig & was doing 35 max (when he was actually moving).

Thoughts to all, hope that you were saved any major damage or losses, but maybe that's hoping for too much :( Stay Safe!

Saw on the news sometime either last night or this morning that there was flooding in NC. Those folks have had it extremely rough recently.

Saw on the news sometime either last night or this morning that there was flooding in NC. Those folks have had it extremely rough recently.

They sure have, :( but Florence skirted more south so Raleigh was spared the worst unlike other areas. He arrived in NC from the UK (where we hardly ever see those extremes) two days before Florence. Now Michael, I think he's starting to think "what the hell...."