IGNORED

Stupid noob questions

Beachbum

So these are some questions I can’t find answers to bc either not listed or buried in search results.

1. Where is the petcock so I can switch to reserve?

2. How do I adjust my handlebars? (91)

3. Will be added shortly as I continue learning curve! :D

Thanks, Robert

Welcome to the funny farm.......

1. The petcock is near the right passenger foot rest. Most people set it to reserve and forget about it and just use the gas gauge and trip meter.

2. To adjust the handle bars you have to remove them and then side back into the spline in the new position.

3. Let um rip.

As far as the petcock goes, I cant help. The '83 MK1 is "ON" or "OFF", no reserve position.

The handle bars are not what one would would call adjustable. Rather, they are configurable. Track down an owners manual for step by step directions or email/call me. I'd be happy to walk you through it.

If the reserve knob hasn't been moved (turned) in a while you should gently work it back and forth and slowly turn it to the position you want. The valve is made of plastic and is probably very brittle with age and will shatter very easily. The valve on my bike was stuck and I had to work it back and forth many, many times until it finally turned all the the way. As Jeff said above, I now leave it on reserve all the time and use the gauge and mileage to keep track of my fuel.

Jim

If the reserve knob hasn't been moved (turned) in a while you should gently work it back and forth and slowly turn it to the position you want. The valve is made of plastic and is probably very brittle with age and will shatter very easily. The valve on my bike was stuck and I had to work it back and forth many, many times until it finally turned all the the way. As Jeff said above, I now leave it on reserve all the time and use the gauge and mileage to keep track of my fuel.

Jim

Very true. I went crazy last fall and tried to turn off the gas for the first time. The plastic valve end just shattered and I ended up having to drain the tank and put in a new valve. My new master plan is to just leave it alone!

zag