IGNORED

A new phase has begun!! Get Out And Ride with Tippy, Puc and Trooper!!!

cowpuc

This little rest area near Yuma Arizona reveals many things.. For instance,, one of the things that has always been part of our travels is the tendency to get lost in time/space and rest area's like this always serve a Compass like purpose in making sure we are pointed in the direction and this Arizonian pause on the trail did that to perfection. There was really something wayyyy more special with this location though as the three of us discover and take a moment to reflect on a monument memorial erected in respect for one of Arizona's finest who had fallen in the line of duty!!

Sadly I guess they had drunken driver issues wayyy back then too as a "Youtuber" answered the question presented in the video with:

Tex Rider

this officer was stoped on the side of the road and was rearended by a drunk driver Officer Louis's car burst into flames and both drivers died in the collesion.

To which I replied:

Puc Puc

Thanks Tex for supplying the answer to that! I just told my wife about your comment here and she said thanks too. I know that happened many years ago but we still extend our condolences to all of Officer Louis's family for their great loss!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, who are you calling a lop eared varmint ?? I resemble that comment !! I would love to meet you.. Proving that PUC and Sasquatch really exist are two of my bucket list items. Of course Sasquatch was listed as the easiest to accomplish.

I am in Alabama until Wednesday.. but if yo come back to the Southwest in the winter, Dave and I could take a ride :biker: :biker:( we ride year around since we keep ice in the freezer where it belongs) and meet up with you.

Come to think of it.. I've seen pictures... maybe i can knock off the Sasquatch item at teh same time... hmmmmm.. :happy65:

Right back at cha KICster!! We get headed back out that way and the planets all line back up so we can be at the same place in time and space = INDEED - an Arizonian hot dog rally would be in order :beer::beer::178:,, would love to meet up with you too brother!!!

Concerning the Sasquatch thingy and covering both at one time,,, thinking you may have seen the video below.. If so and you would really like to actually cover both items at once you will have to come up to Michigan during our Wisconsin White Washer months to satisfy that goal BUT if you do,,, yeee beee warned :cold::cold::cold: ya lop eared "but it's a dry heat" varmint :biker::rasberry: Just give me a heads up and I will get ahold of @Flyinfool and set things up!!

Wait till you see what I have in store for this year..............:rasberry: :snow2::snow::snow2::snow::snow2:

So far I am not broken or hobbled, it is easy to get out to THE shed now.

Tip, Trooper and I send a great big ol NAHHHH NAHHHH DEEEEE BOOOOO BOOOOO right back at cha lop eared veins filled with ice, frosty loving varmint!!! We got a plan and a means now to escape the frozen tundra whilest you play with your white washer and now know of lands very near the sun where cactus's grow to 20 feet tall and :snow2::snow2::snow2::snow2: is NOT welcome:witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::rasberry::rasberry::rasberry::rasberry::moon::backinmyday:

Tip and I are always in search of those special places where, after dropping the tent off the back of our 1983 Yamaha Venture motorcycle named "Tweeks" (see my other video's = named her that cause I was always tweekin on her to keep her motivating) in total darkness, we would wake up in the morning to that wonderful "we are not in Kansas anymore" feeling of the day.. We were very glad to learn that Trooper has inherited some of those same qualities and enjoy's the constant search for those types of opportunities.

Touring and then camping here in Organ Pipe taught us all that not only is this place capable of providing that "we're not in Kansas anymore" feeling,, it is TRULY a land of enchantment!! The desert here is FULL of amazing plant and wildlife and endless beauty second to none!! When we finally did settle in to camp for the evening, we were treated with some amazing night sky's (complete with shooting stars) AND some very beautiful long distance viewing of the lights of Sonoyta Mexico!! GET OUT AND RIDE!!!

Besides being in search of the Road Runner and that sneaky Wiley Coyote that was always chasing him in those famous cartoons of long ago, along with a Scorpion and a genuine Diamond Back Rattlesnake, the item of endless search that Tip and I and now Trooper have had was to get to actually see one of these amazingly majestic and gorgeous cacti. The three of us put our heads together and had planned on scouting the desert region of Arizona in search of one of this mysterious plants. This planning also included a trip into the Sequaro National Park (keep watching these vids to see whether we make it there or not) for that sole purpose.. We were extremely pleased to see this magical cactus growing in huge population amongst the endless variety of Cacti in Organ Pipe National Park (of course,, the Organ Pipe Cactus were in full force here)..

Tip, Trooper and I send a great big ol NAHHHH NAHHHH DEEEEE BOOOOO BOOOOO right back at cha lop eared veins filled with ice, frosty loving varmint!!! We got a plan and a means now to escape the frozen tundra whilest you play with your white washer and now know of lands very near the sun where cactus's grow to 20 feet tall and :snow2::snow2::snow2::snow2: is NOT welcome:witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::rasberry::rasberry::rasberry::rasberry::moon::backinmyday:

You think so! You never saw :snow2: on a cactus? Ask your buddies VAZ or KIC if they are truly out of range. :whistling: Remember that at one point last winter there was :snow: on the ground in all 50 states AT THE SAME TIME.:rasberry: :stirthepot: AND then there is that new high temp formula that you instructed me to come up with.............. :moon: :stickpoke::moon:

You think so! You never saw :snow2: on a cactus? Ask your buddies VAZ or KIC if they are truly out of range. :whistling: Remember that at one point last winter there was :snow: on the ground in all 50 states AT THE SAME TIME.:rasberry: :stirthepot: AND then there is that new high temp formula that you instructed me to come up with.............. :moon: :stickpoke::moon:

:scared:,, you got it done?? :doh::doh:

Lord help us:sign67:,, the desert regions will never be the same!! I should of just kept my idea sharing big mouth :ignore:!!!! :lightbulb:,,, maybe I will have to introduce those southern and desert region folks to $%#@blowers, $%#@snow, $%#@mobiles and $%#@plows while I am down there!!! Start another dealership,, call it Fool n Puc's $%#@ equipment = FREE lemon flavored $%#@ cones with all purchases cause when life gives ya lemon's = ya make lemonade flavored $%#@ cones!!:big-grin-emoticon:

:witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon:

Puc, Enjoyed watching all your videos. You certainly are a great tour guide. Love Trooper! Really fits the bill. Hope Trooper brings you many happy adventures.

Awe,,, thanks Leo!! Of course,, you do realize that nothings as much fun as producing these corny video's :big-grin-emoticon: but it thrill me to know that someone, somewhere is actually enjoying the ride along! That Trooper says THANKS too!! He is AMAZING,, sent by the hand of God at just the right moment in time I tell ya = DEFINITELY fits the bill!! We are hoping to run the daylights out of him and enjoy every touring moment in time we have left!! His warranty is one of those factory 10 year/100,000 mile jobs stated simply as "which ever comes first"... Me, Tweeks, Maggie and Trooper were talking yesterday and the debate got started about which of those figures (10 years,,, 100000 miles) would exhaust first,,,,,, funny thing,,,, none of the 4 of us wanted to debate from the 10 year side :big-grin-emoticon:..... Sure hope you dont get bored with the Vids of us Leo and you keep your head down cause here comes Part 27 (cross that 27 out,, it is part 28) of who know's how many parts :thumbsup::missingtooth:

Thanks for joining us Leo!!!

Puc

Edited by cowpuc
I had to change 27 to 28,,, my geezer memory is allllll screwed up - still better than a LOT of my lop eared geezer brothers!

Most of the lop eared long distance riding friendly forum member varmints that I know on VentureRider.org (a place I have hung my Motorcycle Touring hat for many years now - I go by Cowpuc - close friends just call me Puc - there at our cyber space motorcycle clubhouse - come join me/us there for some friendly, family, touring fun!!) have shared numerous times in our "WHY" thread. I have no idea "why" but for some reason, that "why" thread caught on and there are literally thousands of "why"s posted in that thread and now, Tip - Trooper and I just discovered one of the biggest, baddest "WHY"s possible!! Brother and Sister Venture Rider's = ya gotta get out and ride if you want to find the real "WHY"!! Puc

Puc, We are cut from the same piece of cloth. Keep them coming, brother!

Tippy, Trooper and I did not have to look to hard to locate Wiley, the famous Road Runner chaser, out there in the great western desert! Wiley's lack of instantly exiting from the scene told us that either he had still not caught up with his arch enemy the runner or he was a true ham just waiting to show off in front of some poor, unsuspecting travelers video camera. His action in front of our camera and love for our Dollar Store cookies told the three of us that a little of both reasons for not post haste leaving the scene probably applied!! Beep Beep

We were minding our own business cutting across the bottom of Arizona when Tippy noticed this sign on the side of the trail that said "Kitt Peak National Observatory" this here way. Being the explorers type that the three of us are and knowing from experience that anything with "National" in it's name usually indicates something that explorers like us don't want to miss, we couldn't help but turn our sights up that mountain side!! Wait till you see the ride up there and wait till you see whats on the top of that mountain!!!

If you are the type who enjoys twisty, hair pin filled, switch back infested mountain road travel you will LOVE this 12 mile section of paradise found in the great state of Arizona!! The scenery is breath taking, the air is fresh and filled with endless desert aroma and there is also a chance of even seeing a BEAR or two up there but,, at least for the likes of Tip, Trooper and I ,, it was this amazing roadway that got our immediate attention!!

Hey Cappy (that is the biker name she earned many many years ago by spending countless hours touring America with her Dad),, this video is just for you sweetheart! AT THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN RIGHT WHERE YOU BELONG!!! Love you Princess - Dad!!

The view from the very peak of Kitt Peak mountain is nothing short of stunning! Indeed, the telescopes situated in a variety of locations way up there on that mountain stand as a timeless testimony to the intelligence, steadfastness (you should read about how they had to haul those parts for the early telescopes up there many many years ago) and the endless endeavor of our country's scientist and explorers to investigate the heavens but,, their amazing accomplishments hold nothing over the natural splender of the Sonoran desert below being bordered with endless western mountain ranges clearly visible wayyyy off in the distance. Truly,, from sea to shining sea,, God himself did indeed bless this great country of ours... Get out and enjoy it - Puc

We have a close friend/neighbor named "FlyingFool" who lives just on the other side of Lake Michigan from us (we live in Michigan, he is in Milwaukee Wisconsin) who loves to play with airplanes, ride motorcycles and create havoc with an imaginative contraption known as "The Wisconsin White Washer" (he makes snow with it). Due to his love for Science (he is an Engineer) and his unending resistance to grow up, my buddy Fool would have a BLAST in a Gift Shop/Open Lab area like the one the 3 of us found up on the top of Kitt!! Of course, the REAL fun would have been to get inside of one of those telescope buildings up there and looking for Aliens flying around the cosmos but,, if you suffer from the same anti aging syndrome as Fool does - I am sure you will agree that the lab here is pretty cool and lots of fun = we definitely thought so!!

Tip and I are mountain coasters from wayyy back. We have plenty of video's showing our exploits on Tweeks (our 83 Yamaha Venture) having fun doing exactly that. As a matter of fact, our record non-stop coast aboard Tweeks was over 30 minutes in time covering 26 miles of mountain in a far off land called Kings Canyon California. By design, Trooper seems to have been produced specifically for old geezer retired folk like myself who enjoy things like shutting er down, droppin er in neutral and coasting because with him, you don't even have to turn anything off, just let up on the throttle and the fun begins !! All goes silent,, coast down the hill with no wear on your hydraulic brakes and, get this, with Troop you end up refilling your fuel tank in the process LOL..

Located in two locations (east and west sides - this is in the West Park) on the outskirts of Tucson (those Arizonians have a strange way of pronouncing their words, at this point in our travels we still had not found out how to properly pronounce the name of the amazing cactus that stands guard over the lonely desert in which it thrives that we had searched all over the west for (we did find out that Tuc Son is pronounced Two Sss On though) but were nearing the point in our travels of learning how to pronounce this amazing plants name. While we had seen numerous Saguaros down in Organ Pipe Cactus N.P., they were no where near as numerous as they are here in this gorgeous park of their own. WOWZY WOW WOW WOW Trooper,, we DEFINITELY are NOT in Kansas!!

Geesh...you were right around the corner from us guys in Tucson!

:beer:

It is a beautiful area to ride...isn't it! :biker:

Glad you enjoyed our little area of the world!

:sun:

RATSSSSSS!! I dont think you were in town anyway BUT,,, still,,, RATSSSSSSS!!

Indeed,, THAT is a GORGEOUS area to tour VAz,, just beautiful!! Sayy,, speaking of living in that area,, you ever run across any Road Runners or Diamond Backs? We looked and looked but could find neither.. Interesting thing, one of the Park Rangers at Saguaro got telling me about how the Road Runners LOVE to kill and eat snakes (wish I would have filmed his rendition of how the Road Runner makes the kill - it was HILARIOUS!!).. Never ever did know that!! You EVER get a chance to :photographing::photographing::photographing::photographing: either or both of those varmints,, pics/video there of would be greatly appreciated.. Kind of sorta planning to do more hunting for both of em next time we pass thru your area!!

Get Out And Ride brother!!

Puc

We finally found 2 of the treasures of the trail the 3 of us had been searching for at the visitor's center in the park. Unfortunately, both of these specimens were no longer alive and were not in their natural habit so they really don't count BUT,, it was really neat to actually see them! I always thought the Road Runner was only real in the minds of us kids watching Saturday morning cartoons but this gorgeous desert display proves otherwise! I was also shocked to find out that Road Runners actually kill and eat Diamond Backs (and other snakes)! If you EVER get the chance to visit the particular National Park, make sure you go inside the visitor center and while inside, take a few minutes to watch the Desert Region Movie they show there,,, the dramatic end of the movie is nothing short of awesome!!

RATSSSSSS!! I dont think you were in town anyway BUT,,, still,,, RATSSSSSSS!!

Indeed,, THAT is a GORGEOUS area to tour VAz,, just beautiful!! Sayy,, speaking of living in that area,, you ever run across any Road Runners or Diamond Backs? We looked and looked but could find neither.. Interesting thing, one of the Park Rangers at Saguaro got telling me about how the Road Runners LOVE to kill and eat snakes (wish I would have filmed his rendition of how the Road Runner makes the kill - it was HILARIOUS!!).. Never ever did know that!! You EVER get a chance to :photographing::photographing::photographing::photographing: either or both of those varmints,, pics/video there of would be greatly appreciated.. Kind of sorta planning to do more hunting for both of em next time we pass thru your area!!

Get Out And Ride brother!!

Puc

I see Roadrunners about every day at my home. Rattlers are more scarce. But we do see them when they come out to play. Many times you will see one dead on the road...skinned. Hispanics love the skins for their use....

What I've only seen once is a Gila Monster. They are very shy. Everything else I've seen...

I know that my deep love for the desert is not something that I can declare as that of mine alone because since our kids grew up and left their parents to fend for themselves in satisfying the need to Chase The Front Wheel on a touring bike, Tippy has caught the same bug. Making the change over from that tent camping/touring bike lifestyle that we both loved and enjoyed into this later in life/camping in our little 60 miles to the gallon, "Micro Motor Home" phase had us both wondering what kind of advantages/disadvantages we might find when comparing the two types of adventure seeking.

One of the HUGE things that we have discovered is the ability to enjoy some of these far off desert regions at a time when the temps are actually comfortable (below 105 degrees). This may sound strange but this is something very tricky to do when motorcycling out of Michigan because - when it is under 100 degrees in places with this kind of ruggedly gorgeous flora where Diamond Rattlers and Road Runners roam, it is not uncommon for there to be 8 feet of snow in our driveway! Discovering this was so much fun that, as I type this, my addictive personality is screaming inside me to do one more 10,000 mile visit down in this area years end. We shall see!