Oh, i forgot to mention.

There is a Wire insider the Center Bolt on the Crank. Don't forget to put it in before mouting the Stator Cover. This is the Stator 'Cooler Element'. The early Bikes didn't have had this Wire, and got the Stator fried soon. There was a Factory Recall on this Issue.

There was no such wire in my 89. I looked at a parts schematic online and it shows a wire. However, if it fits into the end of the crank it must be very fine because there is only a very fine hole there. Not sure something that fine would do any good?

Edited by BJB
added more info

There was no such wire in my 89. I looked at a parts schematic online and it shows a wire. However, if it fits into the end of the crank it must be very fine because there is only a very fine hole there. Not sure something that fine would do any good?

I recently opened 2 Engines and they didn't have that Wire either..

I was astonished first, but then ... Oh well, it's a Yammi Thing.

From my understanding, it keeps the hole in the bolt from plugging up, read the section on cooling kit, there is a diagram on the 2nd page.

I recently opened 2 Engines and they didn't have that Wire either..

I was astonished first, but then ... Oh well, it's a Yammi Thing.

Maybe removed by previous owners, not knowing its purpose????

Maybe removed by previous owners, not knowing its purpose????

Well, i got it mixed up. The Wire is INSIDE the the Rotor Bolt. Since BJ only changed the Stator, he doesn't need to undo this Bolt and therefore, no Wire shows up. The Bolt has to be dismounted when the Starter Clutch Assembly comes to a change.

I'm sorry for causing some Confusion. :255:

Hey, everybody rejoice! We finally got Squeeze on sumthin he didn't know!!! Ah well, I knew it couldn't last forever!! :innocent-emoticon:

Dan

Yes Dan, that's a STRIKE !!!

You could have catched me on the wrong Foot way earlier, just, you didn't ask the right Questions ... :innocent-emoticon::innocent-emoticon::innocent-emoticon::innocent-emoticon::innocent-emoticon:

(btw, came home from the first Test Ride just an Hour ago, not too bad Result on that and the Clutch on the Max is done also)

Well, i got it mixed up. The Wire is INSIDE the the Rotor Bolt. Since BJ only changed the Stator, he doesn't need to undo this Bolt and therefore, no Wire shows up. The Bolt has to be dismounted when the Starter Clutch Assembly comes to a change.

I'm sorry for causing some Confusion. :255:

Actually, this wire wasn't in the bikes in the beginning. The stators started to overheat and burn up so Yamaha started putting these in and offering them for the earlier models. I bought one on e-bay one time for my bike, an 83. Without the wire the upper part of the stator gets no cooling oil run over it so that's where they overheat and then short.

Dick