IGNORED

New owner needs help

Got this message from another new owner of the Star Venture. The dealer had my navigation and etc. all set up when I picked up the bike so I have no experience with this. Can anybody here help?

Hi Don. I brought my new Venture TC home yesterday. Today I was trying to activate the Navigation by following the instructions on that card. When I try to press on the Navigation button after I insert the flash drive, the button does not do anything. Did you run into issues when you where setting up your Navigation, or am I somehow doing this wrong?

Got this message from another new owner of the Star Venture. The dealer had my navigation and etc. all set up when I picked up the bike so I have no experience with this. Can anybody here help?

Hi Don. I brought my new Venture TC home yesterday. Today I was trying to activate the Navigation by following the instructions on that card. When I try to press on the Navigation button after I insert the flash drive, the button does not do anything. Did you run into issues when you where setting up your Navigation, or am I somehow doing this wrong?

Like BigBob said, we need to find out if the NAV screen come up with a map display. If it does, then it’s already setup.

if it doesn’t, he’ll have to do it. Bummer that so many places these days are lacking in customer service. In reality, I think it’s because they know nothing about this bike. I had downloaded my Owners Manual from online 3 months before I got my bike. When I picked it up, they were trying to explain functions to me and I kept correcting them. Lol!

Also, find out if the USB he’s using has been properly formatted to be able to use for updates. I believe Yamaha’s site has detailed instructions on that. Also, many people were having trouble because the USB they were using wasn’t properly formatted, so Yamaha sent out a very unique “credit card” looking USB that was pre-formatted to be able to use for all updates. If you didn’t get one Don, ask your dealer OR call Yamaha Cust Service.

Edited by ChiefGunner

Like BigBob said, we need to find out if the NAV screen come up with a map display. If it does, then it’s already setup.

if it doesn’t, he’ll have to do it. Bummer that so many places these days are lacking in customer service. In reality, I think it’s because they know nothing about this bike. I had downloaded my Owners Manual from online 3 months before I got my bike. When I picked it up, they were trying to explain functions to me and I kept correcting them. Lol!

Also, find out if the USB he’s using has been properly formatted to be able to use for updates. I believe Yamaha’s site has detailed instructions on that. Also, many people were having trouble because the USB they were using wasn’t properly formatted, so Yamaha sent out a very unique “credit card” looking USB that was pre-formatted to be able to use for all updates. If you didn’t get one Don, ask your dealer OR call Yamaha Cust Service.

Got the same credit card usb in the mail. Thought it was useless at first, and had no idea what it was until I inadvertently popped open and folded out the thing that connects to the cable. I'm an IT guy and have never seen one of these, so suffice it to say I was pretty surprised.....