IGNORED

1st Gen MK 2 tools to have on board....

I keep this set of ratcheting wrenches, https://www.autozone.com/wrenches-pliers-and-cutters/wrench/duralast-2-pcs-metric-ratcheting-wrench-set/951644_0

A folding metric hex key set,

A six way screw driver,

A 3/8" drive ratchet with a 10" extension, u-joint and spark plug socket,

An extra long needle nose pliers,

An air pump for he front suspension,

An air pressure gauge,

A flashlight,

4 used but serviceable spark plugs,

A small roll of safety wire,

A pack of grease cleaning wipes.

All in a small Harbor Freight tool bag in the side bag.

I should add a good knife, But I've always got at least one in my pocket.

I also keep a set of LED head lamps in the left fairing. I should add a tail light and a couple turn signal lamps as well.

Now that I think about it, I'm going to add one of the many pocket multi tools I have. Maybe the big Gerber that's too big to carry.

Edited by luvmy40

I would also add in there, the correct tool to fit any fastening device that you might have changed out for a stock item. ie, replaced some Phillips head screws with allen headed bolts.. Also if on a long trip, a Clutch hand lever is nice, I had a buddy have an issue and dropped his VR and broke the chrome clutch lever off. He was unable to ride the bike even to get it up a hill to the trailer. I ended up removing my clutch lever and installing it on his bike just so we could move it under its own power. We played hell finding one but go lucky at a place that had a parts unlimited one we could cut to get it to fit for the rest of the week. Unfortunately I didn't get the part number off the package before we left so I could share it here..

Rick F.