IGNORED

Backrest Preferences

OK...I need to order a riders backrest ASAP. I need to get it here by yesterday. :) I would have had the Star tall riders backrest installed before I left if it would have been in stock but I'm glad they didn't because I don't think it's tall enough.

Have any of you added one yet? At this point, I'm leaning towards the Utopia and will probably order it later today. I know that they have a great product and typically match the stock seat covering of a bike very well.

Open to your opinions.

OK....backrest is ordered. Ship date is September 10th. Highway pegs are installed. ROK handlebar risers are ordered.

The only thing remaining is a luggage rack. Then nothing else. That's the only other thing.......

I got the backrest, heel/toe shifter and will be getting the brake. The lower wind deflectors are a MUST. I still have to get his and her highway pegs (If they ever release them for the passenger) and armrest for her.

Are you by chance running for a political office? The other couple statements that sound similar are "I'll love you in the morning" & "the check is in the mail". :whistling:

Wanna hear something down right ironic Deej? I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing when that lop eared Freebird varmint played the customary and traditional "this is my last bike" card in another thread!!! Doing it so smoothly,,,,,, like he didn't KNOW he was preachin to the choir:witch_brew: :rotf:

I got the backrest, heel/toe shifter and will be getting the brake. The lower wind deflectors are a MUST. I still have to get his and her highway pegs (If they ever release them for the passenger) and armrest for her.
Do you have the Yamaha backrest? If yes, it's it tall enough to make a difference?

I'm torn between that or the utopia. Like the idea of yamaha being heated.

Ideally I'd like to see them both on other bikes first, but I've still not ever seen a SVTC in the wild other than mine.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I've seen pictures of both only in pictures. I did find a number of posts on a Facebook group from users who had one or the other. Most felt that the Yamaha backrest wasn't high enough. I guess they kept it short enough that the passenger can swing their leg over it and apparently it doesn't fold down. I considered both and decided to go with the Utopia. I like to really push back against it sometimes with my feet on the highway pegs and just didn't feel that the Yamaha backrest would do the job. As for the heat, I'm not concerned. Sounds neat but to be honest, I have a heated Russell seat on my '05 and I don't think I have turned it on except for once on the day that I bought the bike. Around here, by the time it gets cold enough to really need a heated seat, there is already too much salt on the roads for me to take the bike out.

I missed the heal shifter on the ride home. When I bought my first RSV in 1999, I didn't like the heal shifter. A lot of people didn't and a lot of folks either cut off the heal part or bought the Yamaha accessories chrome billet toe shifter. I got used to it and ended up really liking it. Then I looked at the shifter available for this bike and adding the heal shifter requires you to buy the new toe shifter also. At $195.00 for just the toe shifter part of it, I am pretty sure that I will just wait and get used to not having a heal shifter again.

I did forget about the lower wind deflectors. I will certainly add those to my list though I honestly didn't have any problems with heat on the way home. It was only in the low to mid 80's though and I was running highway speeds the entire way. I don't know that they would help at slowers speeds anyway though. Still, I'll add them at some point.

My next priority though is a trailer hitch and then probably the luggage rack.

I'm done for now. Except for finding a wiring harness/isolator for the trailer. Utopia backrest is ordered, ROX handlebar risers are ordered. Yamaha backrest is ordered, Hitchdoc receiver type hitch is ordered, Yamaha luggage rack is ordered.

I want the lower wind deflectors but they will have to wait for a while. The piggy bank is looking pretty malnourished. :95: