IGNORED

Going to add a camera system

Well I found a dealer close out. a $400.00 camera system ( front and rear cameras) with loop recording GPS impact and parking sensor and weather resistant housing for $100.00.

The system gets wired to the bike with both a hot and a ground as well as a trigger wire for run monitor. Wheres the best place to pick up a run sensor? can i just tap the headlight lead? or is there a wire under the tank that is better?

Between the LEDs the passing lights and bag lights and horn relays the under seat is looking rather medusa like. I've been planning to clean it up but there's alway tomorrow. Now that the rains have slacked off and I can ride everyday I find the camera!!!

On all my vehicles (Cars trucks and bikes) I add terminal blocks for adding on electrical goodies. I have a hot all the time block that is powered direct from the battery thru a Maxi fuse, a block that is only hot when the key is on powered thru a Maxi fuse and a relay, and a ground block. (I never use a frame ground, I always run a ground wire.) This makes it real easy to have ways to hook things up and not worry about messing with the factory wires.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I now know why it was on closeout!! the cameras are almost identical only the bracket is different. the camera plus into a cable that runs the length of the bike and each cable camera is unique. However the cameras are not marked front and rear. no big deal right. well plugged it all together everything works on the bench.

Off comes the tank the front seat the rear seat and drivers back rest. out come the windshield then i split the fairing, parts scattered all over the car port and its close to 100' in the shade.

I run the cables tie into the system for the trigger wire (turns camera on when key is on) button everything back up. Mount the view finder on the bars and turnip on! it all works but evidently there is a front and rear camera one has the image reversed left to right.

Well I had a 50/50 change guess which way i guessed!

So next week out it comes and flip the cameras front to rear and rear run the cables the other way.