IGNORED

GM all. Gotta tire dilema

Ok, so I've decided not to go darkside, due to the fact that I can't find a good size to go with. So I would like to go with a bigger tire than stock. What is the biggest mc tire I can put on a 89 with no problems??? The factory specs are a 140/90/16. Can I go with something widder?

I have an 89 with a Dunlop E3 and I measured the clearance on the tire from the swingarm, back a few months ago, and if I remember correctly there was 7/16's of an inch clearance between the sidewall of the tire and the swingarm. The measurement was taken with the bike on the center stand so tire flex was not considered here. I posted this in another thread from a few months ago but do not remember which thread.

Thanks all for all the knowledge. This is my first Venture so I'm a newb. I ended up purchasing Kenda Kruz stock sizes for front & back. These tires are getting excellent reviews and got both for $200 which isn't so bad. So just have to get them mounted and I should be good for the rest of the season.

I know, I know, Amazon would have saved me some $$$, but only $30 if you add shipping, and besides, I hate feeding the machine. Rather do bizz with small bizz owner.

Thanks all for all the knowledge. This is my first Venture so I'm a newb. I ended up purchasing Kenda Kruz stock sizes for front & back. These tires are getting excellent reviews and got both for $200 which isn't so bad. So just have to get them mounted and I should be good for the rest of the season.

I know, I know, Amazon would have saved me some $$$, but only $30 if you add shipping, and besides, I hate feeding the machine. Rather do bizz with small bizz owner.

I would be very interested in how you fare with the Kenda's. On Spyders, although they are OEM spec, a lot of riders will have nothing to do with them. For us there just isn't any wear life in them.