IGNORED

Wny rally signup

spankym

WNY RALLY

Just a reminder for anybody coming to please sign up ... for a count.

There is camping available free of charge. Weather is usually warm and sunny. This is always a nice get together and on saturday nite there is available a very reasonable priced catered buffet and then music by our friends " The Kensingtons" . I understand that a 3rd gen will be present also.

So.. go the calendar and sign up now (check out info and rides) Hope to see many old and meet new friends this year. spankym

There may be others besides myself that would really like to see/read some final answers concerning some things related to the the new Venture including things like the performance of it in it's "Sport Mode" (there have been rumors spread now that going into Sport Mode engages a turbo, changes the cam timing, remaps both fuel and ignition which increases the Horsepower from that of a 70ish horse 88 inch stock HD to that closer to the 120 horse V-Rod performance with enough umpth to lift the front wheel in the 1st three gears and break the back tire loose in 3rd gear just by rolling on the throttle) which has been claimed to wildly turn the beast into a muscle bike but also rumored to be nothing more than a throttle to throttle body ratio change. Also, IMHO, it would also be outstanding to read that someone has actually taken the bikes tempature with a infrared temp gun as there have been reports both ways that the 3rd Gen is actually cooler than any water cooled touring bikes sitting in traffic back ups when the ambients are above 100 degrees even though the other touring scoots engines (like the Gold Wing) are covered/shrouded with plastic all while others are still reporting that the bike definitely has heat issues in the same way HD and Polaris's Indian do..

All that said,, I wonder if those attending the NY Rally will be allowed to actually ride it and do some real life genuine comparisons or will the bike be treated like the demo's were at Sturgis last year when the demo riding was very monitored and looking for/asking for answers was not encouraged...

Just thinking out loud here but I wonder if members here KNEW that they were going to actually be able to do some actual comparing of this new scoot (as a group) that the NY Rally may just see record attendance :big-grin-emoticon::witch_brew::big-grin-emoticon:

There may be others besides myself that would really like to see/read some final answers concerning some things related to the the new Venture including things like the performance of it in it's "Sport Mode" (there have been rumors spread now that going into Sport Mode engages a turbo, changes the cam timing, remaps both fuel and ignition which increases the Horsepower from that of a 70ish horse 88 inch stock HD to that closer to the 120 horse V-Rod performance with enough umpth to lift the front wheel in the 1st three gears and break the back tire loose in 3rd gear just by rolling on the throttle) which has been claimed to wildly turn the beast into a muscle bike but also rumored to be nothing more than a throttle to throttle body ratio change. Also, IMHO, it would also be outstanding to read that someone has actually taken the bikes tempature with a infrared temp gun as there have been reports both ways that the 3rd Gen is actually cooler than any water cooled touring bikes sitting in traffic back ups when the ambients are above 100 degrees even though the other touring scoots engines (like the Gold Wing) are covered/shrouded with plastic all while others are still reporting that the bike definitely has heat issues in the same way HD and Polaris's Indian do..

All that said,, I wonder if those attending the NY Rally will be allowed to actually ride it and do some real life genuine comparisons or will the bike be treated like the demo's were at Sturgis last year when the demo riding was very monitored and looking for/asking for answers was not encouraged...

Just thinking out loud here but I wonder if members here KNEW that they were going to actually be able to do some actual comparing of this new scoot (as a group) that the NY Rally may just see record attendance :big-grin-emoticon::witch_brew::big-grin-emoticon:

Why don't you come to the rally and do your own test of the TC? I will bring my heat temp gum for you to use.

As far as Im told....just take it out for a ride, but you have to bring it back.....

Hey you lop eared ice cream snatchin varmint,,,, what would be the chance of one of you varmints who speak in that eastern U.S. accent checking this out for us less than advanced :stirthepot: to see if that really is going to be the case and also what days and hours of the days during the rally that the new one will be available?? Maybe a quick note of clarification here would also not be a bad idea my brother so all our club members know up front that this is gonna happen if it is?

Personally,,, if we as a group really will have unfettered access to the machine I am definitely interested in attending with infrared, video camera and a completely stock 1st Gen V-4 to compare for analysys if there is any way possible for me/us to make it out there (I know,, my passion for this stuff is sickening but what the heck,, I was born with this disease and have learned to live with it thus far)!!

Why don't you come to the rally and do your own test of the TC? I will bring my heat temp gum for you to use.

Hey QuickDraw MaGraw (you beat me to it again Roller!!),,, you might be onto something here!! Only iffy is that I have a Grand Son due out in California in early September and we are hosting a baby shower for him out there between now and then (family first) so this is gonna be a 2 trips to the west coast year for us.. I have both Tweeksis and the car prepped for the 1st trip (the "shower" trip as we still are not sure that we are going to be able to haul all the stuff we need from here for the shower out there but we shall see.. If we end up taking the car, Tweeksis will be sitting in the garage all prepped for a journey eastward if the dates line up:happy34: so don't let your infrared temp gun get to far away from ya my friend!!

If we are home and at all possible,, I would LOVE to take you up on your offer brother!! I was already :think: trying to hammer out a way to get out to the NY Rally cause I/we have never been and I have some very good friends I would LOVE to see again (yourself included) and some new varmints I too would LOVE to meet IRL and all that BUT being able to actually put one of these new ones under the microscope and record the actual findings would be icing on the cake IMHO...

Already having a really good start at it after attending the Rally those Canuckians put on earlier this year and then having @videoarizona come and have soooooo much fun with us as an extension of Don's MD = This could turn into one of the mostest AWESOME summers this ol Cowpuc has seen a couple years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool10:

This is way to funny.....LOL.... Sport mode.... is no turbo.... very little change really, the throttle response is a bit crisper, sharper, tour mode is smoother..... I have ridden my Venture TC (I don’t like that 3rd gen BS) in 100 degree weather... with no issues, I have the lower winglets as well, so with the vents open and the winglets turned in there is plenty of air to circulate and dissipate the heat. True when sitting still it can get warm.... but the same can be said of all bikes. My Venture TC is the best bike I owned and I’ve owned lots of bikes. Most recently coming off a Victory Vision that I but 75k on. The infotainment system takes some time to figure out and get use to, but other than that the bike is flawless. Journey Further!!

Hey cowpuc..... this is the message I received from Chad Armstrong on 7/10/18... "I have confirmed gen 3 venture will be available for demo on FRIDAY 8/17 throughout the day"... what else can I say. I am just relaying the message that I received from Pioneer motorsports ...

To get back on topic..... I know that there are members who are planning to attend because of e-mails or telephone conversations I've had . Sorry, I'm getting old and can't recall all those who called me and told me that they are attending. please sign up on the calendar page so I can order you a meal for the BBQ...and if you have to cancel, please remove your name... We, the WNY members are looking foward to seeing you all here in August...

Even me????

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Dead silence...............................................................................................................................................................

We are looking at a possible record turn out this year, so if you are planning to come to the rally, please sign up on the calendar so we can plan how much food we will need for the Saturday night BBQ. Anyone can join us at anytime during the rally but if you want to join in the BBQ we need to know early enough to notify the caterer. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

ps. the price of the bbq is $12.00

We are looking at a possible record turn out this year, so if you are planning to come to the rally, please sign up on the calendar so we can plan how much food we will need for the Saturday night BBQ. Anyone can join us at anytime during the rally but if you want to join in the BBQ we need to know early enough to notify the caterer. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

ps. the price of the bbq is $12.00

yep, yep, yep, it does look to be a record turnout...I'm also expecting some old members that are no longer members here to show up...gonna be a good one....