IGNORED

Just the tip...

Air Ready Auto

Pulled a stupid today. Managed to cut the tip off my right index finger while doing a tune-up on an 05 Dodge Town and Country. Went from tip of fingernail towards the pad at an angle just missing the bone. Literally sliced off just the tip. (I know there is a joke in there somewhere.) The fingernail is all intact and the Dr. said it missed the bone by about 1.5mm. It was a clean cut and never found the missing part. The bad part is I'm right handed and now have a large bandage on my right finger. Going to make certain things harder. I'm dreading my next visit to the rest room for a #2 ...

That can be somewhat painful. Feeling for ya! Good time to take a little time and work on something interesting. We do that on a regular basis in our business and the worst you can do is to sit around feeling sorry for yourself with your finger held up as an indicator. Hoping you heal fast.

A friend who was easily stressed had a stroke that disabled his left arm. One day he was working on a ladder and almost fell but caught himself with his good arm. But it pulled his arm out of his shoulder socket. So, for a while he couldn't use either arm. I suppose he was very dependent on his wife for a while to take care of stuff like when he did #2 .

Shoot me now!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOUCHHHHHHHHHH READY,,,,,,, WOWZY WOW WOW WOW,, just reading this made my eyes water brother!!!!!!!!!! OUCH!!!

A while back I went in and had one of my hands repaired as my fingers had closed up and locked down (Dupuytrens) and left it (my right hand) totally unusable. There wasnt enough skin left in the palm of my hand for suturing so the surgeons decided that I would have to do "open wound" healing. This amounted to applying a special bandage material stuff over the 1" wide open wounds (they were wayyyy cool,, when changing the bandages daily - I/we could see all the moving parts in there - I have pictures somewhere but they may be to graphic for VR) and the doctors told me that skin would reform right over those totally open area's = of course - I was skeptical...

IT WORKED AMAZINGLY WELL!!!! Keeping the area clean was totally necessary and doing so was as simple as gritting my teeth and sticking my open wound hand under running water x2 a day.. Beyond that, no antiseptic (besides the covering/bandages) was applied... Something to consider....

OUCH

I can sort of feel for ya as a brother tech. Sometimes we get our mitts in somewhere the really should t be. When I was in the USAF I was out on the flight line in winter. Cold around 20's, I had to safety wire (lock wire) some heat shield around an exhaust duct. Well couldnt do it with gloves on so had to go bare handed. Had a piece wrapped and went to grab it to lock pliers on and gave the twist pliers a couple pulls. Went to reach down to grab dikes to cut off and my hand was wired thru the web by your thumb to the duct. Never felt it til later that day when my hand warmed up. Not as bad as loosing a tip for sure. Hope it heals up fast for ya.

Pulled a stupid today. Managed to cut the tip off my right index finger while doing a tune-up on an 05 Dodge Town and Country. Went from tip of fingernail towards the pad at an angle just missing the bone. Literally sliced off just the tip. (I know there is a joke in there somewhere.) The fingernail is all intact and the Dr. said it missed the bone by about 1.5mm. It was a clean cut and never found the missing part. The bad part is I'm right handed and now have a large bandage on my right finger. Going to make certain things harder. I'm dreading my next visit to the rest room for a #2 ...

Ow.....