IGNORED

looking for a Rick Butler or Pillow Seat

tomephil

Hi All,

A 4 hour ride last week reinforced the need for a new seat on my 2nd gen.

Actually I can still feel it.

So, if anyone has a pillow top seat or a Rick Butler seat, please let me know. I am very willing to buy it.

I communicated with Rick a few days ago but if I found another seat to send down, I don't think anything will happen until the end of June.

So I thought I'd reach out. If you have a Pillow Top seat or a Rick Butler mod seat that you are willing to part with, please let me know.

And yes, I should have done this last fall.

Go figure...

Thanks,

Tom

Edited by tomephil
typo

I have tried the Corbin, Saddleman road sofa and Mustang seats on mine and have gone back to the pillow tops that a friend gave me when he sold his bike and quit riding. I may try a Russell Daylong but I will keep my seats if I don't like the Russell. It is hard to beat the pillow tops.

There's nothing out there like a pillow top. They are hands down the nicest seat I have ever ridden on. I have a Corbin on my 09 Road Star that is like sitting on a rock. I took the pillow seat off my RSV and secured it as best I could on the Road Star for a test run. Didn't fit very well and didn't look that great but I rose 2 hours in total comfort . Now to findioa a way to make a pillow top seat fit and look good on a Road Star will make me a very happy man.

Tomephil:

Have you considered the Airhawk inflatable?

Last time we bought one - over ten years back - they were under $200.

Very well made, totally - easily - adjustable, and quite comfortable. Also very nice if your original seat is exposed to wet conditions, or the bike is left in lengthy sunlight situs while parked.

You anchor them under the seat, or simply lay on top and then hide away while stopped when bike is parked for lengthy periods out of sight - i.e. meal time stops.

They are extremely durable.

Rgds, WRIDR

I have tried the Corbin, Saddleman road sofa and Mustang seats on mine and have gone back to the pillow tops that a friend gave me when he sold his bike and quit riding. I may try a Russell Daylong but I will keep my seats if I don't like the Russell. It is hard to beat the pillow tops.

Thanks, I was thinking of the above seats as well. I used to be able to take the discomfort but I guess not any more.

Tomephil:

Have you considered the Airhawk inflatable?

Last time we bought one - over ten years back - they were under $200.

Very well made, totally - easily - adjustable, and quite comfortable. Also very nice if your original seat is exposed to wet conditions, or the bike is left in lengthy sunlight situs while parked.

You anchor them under the seat, or simply lay on top and then hide away while stopped when bike is parked for lengthy periods out of sight - i.e. meal time stops.

They are extremely durable.

Rgds, WRIDR

Thanks, I had one for my 84 venture. Tried it last year on the 2000 venture and I didn't feel I had the same control of the bike. But I'm going to see if I can make it work until I find a permanent fix.