IGNORED

2008 VentureRider Rally concerns

Guest ReinyRooster

Guest ReinyRooster

Ladies and Gentleman,

I'm not one to sugar-coat things and would rather be blunt then to talk like a politician and take the chance on being misunderstood.

So...that fact of the matter is: our 2008 VentureRider Rally is about 10 weeks away. We have organized campsites and cabins, we have organized buffet breakfasts for everyone so that we all eat breakfast together as a group, we have people organizing rides, we have a design made up for patches and t-shirts. All the prices that we have arranged for breakfasts, or for patches or t-shirts is based on some quantity sales. IF we don't have enough numbers, we are not getting the prices we want....I think everyone can appreciate how that works.

As of today we have: 2 orders for T-shirts, 9 people registered for the rally and 9 people have purchased raffle tickets for the trailer.

PEOPLE - we need some commitment for this event and we need it very soon or we have to re-evaluate how we are going to do things and at what cost, IF we are doing it at all! I will need to confirm the issue of breakfasts at the resort soon. If we don't get some orders soon for t-shirts, either we won't have enough to make it cost-effective, or we won't be able to get the shirts done in time for the rally.

Today is Sunday April 27th. We need to be able to confirm some of these numbers by Friday May 9th or we will have to make some major changes to the event.

Sorry to sound heavy-handed here but we need some commitment here....real soon.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I just sent Hal an e-mail and have paypal'd him the money for 2 4 day registrations. I have been planing on attending, but have been waiting to pay (things have been a little tight lately).

By registering now does that count as pre-registering to get the t-shirt included? If so, I probably will not order anymore. I also just built a trailer for the trip, so I probably will not buy a raffle ticket for that.

I hope you get the responses that you are looking for, my son and I have been looking forward to this for several months now and will be disappointed if it gets cancelled.

Sorry to hear about that, But I Cant find any link for registration, or t-shirt purchase, and as well who is handling raffle tickets?

Dan,

Look at the top of the page, there's a link that pops up up there. If not doa search on 2008 Venturerider Rally. The links are in a thread setup for that.

Reiny, sorry to hear there's no more registered than that. I know you guys have been working hard on this. We're registered and if you cancel it will throw a big wrench into our vacation plans. We're looking forward to this and can't believe there's no more support than that for it. Hope it turns around soon for you.

DO you gotta be there to buy the raffle tix? How about the t-shirts. Can't make it cause bike won't be done and I'm going to Freebirds, but would love to help if I can.

Let me know,

Dan

Dan,

No you do not have to be there to buy tickets. The winner gets a certificate for the trailer. I thought you were going to have your bike done before Freebird's.

Guest divey

Would love to join the crowd but unfortunately a trip across the country is not in the works (just getting back home from Ottawa the week previous). I will be buying trailer tickets however.

Going across country is one thing but out of the country is entirely another. That in and of itself will probably stop alot of riders from coming. Some can't get a passport.

Read my lips... You don't need a passport to get into Canada.... And you won't need one to get into the U.S. until June 2009.

Crossing the border in either direction is a minor inconvenience. Leave your guns at home and there shouldn't be a problem.

Read my lips... You don't need a passport to get into Canada.... And you won't need one to get into the U.S. until June 2009.

Crossing the border in either direction is a minor inconvenience. Leave your guns at home and there shouldn't be a problem.

Good, I just might do the US route, heading over to Ontario. Guess I'd better submit my leave pass this week.

hi reiny

sorry to hear about the low numbers so far. my daughter and i still plan on driving up there, from texas. i guess we are part of the 9 people who have signed up. i sure hope more members sign up to make this rally a big event.

thanks for all ya'll are doing to put this meet together.

best reguards

don c.:fingers-crossed-emo

I know Dale and I won't be able to make this as he is having shoulder surgery in June.....which will cabosh a lot of summer riding time......:crying:

he has put it off a couple times already and I don;t think that will happen again......too much pain..got to get it done.

I am sure we will purchase some raffle tickets tho......

Hey Reiny, Thanks for going to all the effort in putting this on. I found out at the first Eureka Springs Rally how hard it is. I guess I'm one of the few to register too But wouldn't miss it for the world. Looking forward to seeing all who show up!

Guest tx2sturgis
Sadly.....9 people is generally NOT considered a rally! So where are all the other people???

I have it from good sources, that officially, TWELVE people is a rally. Now, is that 12 bikes? or maybe 8 or 10 bikes with 12 people? or maybe its 6 bikes and 6 couples??

Hmmm...sources can be so frustrating.

Well good luck. I'm not gonna be there. If I ride hundreds of miles north, the stopping point will be Sturgis, SD. Maybe one day I will ride up to Oshkosh for the big plane thing. But otherwise, you cant pay me to travel the highways that far, and NOT get paid for it.

Yall have fun.

Hummmmmmmmm, what's wrong with this picture. 230 +/- members from Ontario, yet ther are only 9 folks signed up for the rally being held in Ontario.

Guess most are waiting to see if the weather will be fair and sunny so they can ride.... :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

:15_8_211[1]: