IGNORED

NMD is next Sturday!

dna9656

Just a note here.. I am thinking that is a 1987 model and not a 88 as Yamaha stop making the Vixen model after 1987. After that they were all Royale models. Plus that color combo was available in 1987.. Still a great bike and you will get a lot of enjoyment out of it..

Be safe and enjoy the ride...

Rick F.

Just a note here.. I am thinking that is a 1987 model and not a 88 as Yamaha stop making the Vixen model after 1987. After that they were all Royale models. Plus that color combo was available in 1987.. Still a great bike and you will get a lot of enjoyment out of it..

Rick F.

I never heard of a Vixen model.... what can you tell me about this? The owner says it's an '88....

The Vixen model is a bare bones Venture. It has no factory radio, cassette, intercom or CB. It is also missing the Class system, ie ride control. These are all items that the Royale model comes with. It was my understanding that starting in 1988 the Vixen model was dropped and all Ventures were Royale models. But I could be mistaken on the year.

Looking at the colors guides, there was a color in 87 that appears to be only a Vixen color, Orion Silver. I wasnt aware that colors were limited to different models of the Venture but that seems to be the case. Does anyone recall if that is the way it was?

Well while looking over the color guide, the do show a 1988 Venture color of Salt Lake Silver while they list over colors for the Venture Royale model. So I could be mistaken on the year that the Vixen was dropped as all the years after that only show the Venture Royale colors.

So I guess this is a 1988 Venture Vixen, my mistake here on that. It appears that 1989 is when the Vixen model was dropped and all Ventures where the Royale model.

Rick F.

Rick F.

The color chart here on this site (http://www.venturerider.org/history/rsv86/rsv86colors.php) shows it as 1988 silver U/UCSalt Lake Silver/Anthony Gray... who the hell is Anthony Gray?

Rick F.

I'm pretty sure this isn't a Royale as there is no air compressor or intercom. Would like to know what model (U or UC) it is....

I"m a little confused. That does appear to be an '88 color. It also appears to be a standard.

Certainly not a Royale with no compressor or intercom, the old registration calls it a XVZ13U, I don't know if it's a "U" or the title clerck left the "C" off the nomenclature, any ideas? The VIN is JYA2LWE02JA003243.

The Vixen model is a bare bones Venture. It has no factory radio, cassette, intercom or CB. It is also missing the Class system, ie ride control. These are all items that the Royale model comes with. It was my understanding that starting in 1988 the Vixen model was dropped and all Ventures were Royale models. But I could be mistaken on the year.

Looking at the colors guides, there was a color in 87 that appears to be only a Vixen color, Orion Silver. I wasnt aware that colors were limited to different models of the Venture but that seems to be the case. Does anyone recall if that is the way it was?

Well while looking over the color guide, the do show a 1988 Venture color of Salt Lake Silver while they list over colors for the Venture Royale model. So I could be mistaken on the year that the Vixen was dropped as all the years after that only show the Venture Royale colors.

So I guess this is a 1988 Venture Vixen, my mistake here on that. It appears that 1989 is when the Vixen model was dropped and all Ventures where the Royale model.

Rick F.

I think you are correct as it has none of the options that would make it a Royale, however I have several Royale parts bikes..... hehehehe.....

The "Vixen" name is new to me. In all my years of dealing with these bikes, I've never heard one referred to as a Vixen.

------> Thinking we need more input from cimmer (see above)! I ran a search for "Yamaha Vixen" looking at the picture search results and saw a lot of bikes but no XVZs of any description.

Edited by dna9656

I was under the impression that the base model Venture was call the Vixen, I could be mistaken but isnt that what the badging has on the side of the saddle bags and on the tank cover on the base bikes. I thought when I was looking for my Venture I ran into a few of the non-Royale models and they had the Vixen name on them. Maybe DNA9656 can share what his bike has on its saddlebags.

Rick F.

Ok guys, I found a picture of the saddle bag with the lettering on it and I was mistaken, it is not Vixen, but XVZ12 or XVZ13 that is on the base model.. XVZ12.jpg

My old eyes didnt read it correctly when doing a quick glance at it.

Sorry for the confusion I cause..

Rick F.

Ok guys, I found a picture of the saddle bag with the lettering on it and I was mistaken, it is not Vixen, but XVZ12 or XVZ13 that is on the base model.. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112790

Rick F.

Rick,

Except for the color that looks EXACTLY like my saddle bags....... I meant to post a pic for ya but life happened....

Doug

Edited by dna9656

Ok guys, I found a picture of the saddle bag with the lettering on it and I was mistaken, it is not Vixen, but XVZ12 or XVZ13 that is on the base model.. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112790

Rick F.

I always glance at that and continually Wonder to myself, why does that say Gwen?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk