IGNORED

Buddy Dropped my Bike

Chaharly

Hey guys! Been letting my good friend practice riding on the 919. We were out for a cruise last night and I was letting him lead. Well in our town there's a gravel road that goes past the fair grounds that we've gone up and down a few times. Until that night we had ridden it south to north where we had to stop at a stop sign before getting on the dirt road. He decided he wanted to ride it north to south coming off the highway. He was leaning into the turn going 15 or so and before it happened I knee it was gonna slide out. Sure enough the ass end slide out around the front wheel and down he goes...

I gave him a good ass chewing about riding slow at night and when I tell him to slow down I mean it. I told him you can't lean on gravel like that, especially Iowa white rock gravel. Even on a dirt bike he wouldve laid it over on that gravel. I told him not to lift the bike up until we know he's not hurt. He told me I'm WAY too over cautious about things... I told him over cautious never sent me sliding across an intersection...

Turns out he's alright, just real sore at work today.

Moral of the story... be safe guys... I'll post some pics later

I really never cared much for falling down on a scoot but I double cant stand it if I am on someone elses bike.. If it's gotta happen,, I would rather have them drop mine then have me drop theirs.. Tell your buddy that old Pucster knows how he feels and that the only advice I have to help the ego bruising that may have takin place is to save some cash and after fixing yours - pick up one of his own:thumbsup:

Glad he's ok Cha!!

Sure wouldn't be riding any bikes of mine after giving me lip.

Bad enough to take down your bike but then to tell YOU you're too cautious. Sounds like a rather ungracious & ungrateful "friend".

Hope your bike isn't too beaten up!

There's no better safety equipment than fore site coupled with common sense. Unfortunately even the best of us can slip up on that one on occasion when sudden impulse sneaks in and takes control.

Your friend was probably well aware he messed up and the back talk, was probably him just trying to hide his embarrassment.

Sure wouldn't be riding any bikes of mine after giving me lip.

Bad enough to take down your bike but then to tell YOU you're too cautious. Sounds like a rather ungracious & ungrateful "friend".

Hope your bike isn't too beaten up!

He wouldn't be riding my bike...in the first place, lol. No way...'cause stuff like this...happens way too often....

Any bike dropping...for any reason....would be his...

On my way to work, about 5 miles from home there's an S curve that had gravel strewn across it. The straightaways on both ends of the curve were clear, and it occurred to me that a biker coming into that curve, thinking the road was clean was gonna bite it.

I called the State (ODOT) and told them about it, and when I was on my way home I was happy to see it clear. It looked like they took a street sweeper to it.

Kudos to ODOT.:thumbsup2:

There's no better safety equipment than fore site coupled with common sense. Unfortunately even the best of us can slip up on that one on occasion when sudden impulse sneaks in and takes control.

Your friend was probably well aware he messed up and the back talk, was probably him just trying to hide his embarrassment.

I Think saddlebum said it best. I actually copied the first part and posted it as my status on facebook as "motorcycle tip of the day" I hope you don't mind, I'll take it down if need be!! He knew he messed up, he was just on the defensive cuz I'm sure his adrenalin was going and he was embarrassed. We got the bikes back to his place and he felt really bad. He said he felt really bad about the bike. I told him the bike is just a beater... Its already got road rash on it from the PO and actually been repainted before. Who knows how many times that things slid across the ground. I told him that I was glad he's alright and I don't want to see it happen again, explained that gravel on pavement is marbles on glass, and he just didn't think FROM INEXPERIENCE not to lean coming onto gravel like that. Plus just like puc said... I'm sure glad he dropped MY bike and not the other way around :amen:

As far as the bike goes. Its just fine, just ugly now!!! Its my wheelie machine... I bought it to beat it!!!:guitarist 2:

Smack 3.jpgSmack 2.jpgSmack.jpg

On my way to work, about 5 miles from home there's an S curve that had gravel strewn across it. The straightaways on both ends of the curve were clear, and it occurred to me that a biker coming into that curve, thinking the road was clean was gonna bite it.

I called the State (ODOT) and told them about it, and when I was on my way home I was happy to see it clear. It looked like they took a street sweeper to it.

Kudos to ODOT.:thumbsup2:

Good on you man! Probably saved somebody's life!!! We definitely need more people like you on the road!