IGNORED

Venture parts

Ventureguy1979

Hello everyone! New to the group, just joined today. I rescently purchased a 1999 Royal Star Venture. As you can guess being almost 20 years old it needs a few things. (Windshield, couple broken reflectors, etc....) What’s the best website to order parts for this bike? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Hello everyone! New to the group, just joined today. I rescently purchased a 1999 Royal Star Venture. As you can guess being almost 20 years old it needs a few things. (Windshield, couple broken reflectors, etc....) What’s the best website to order parts for this bike? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Welcome and congrats on choosing a darn fine steed. Check the classified section here, I know there must be some parting out going on. For new OEM parts like seals, gaskets and bushings I like boats.net. Ebay is your friend also, if you cant find what you need right here. As always on Ebay, Chinese/unbranded aftermarket anything should be avoided, but nice used OEM parts, like reflectors, can be found on Ebay. Same for windshields but there may be some other good aftermarket options too. Besides many knowledgable and helpful folks here there is a ton of good reading in the 2nd gen tech section below. For specific questions about your 99 (2nd gen) you might try 2nd gen tech section to get it in front of the right guys/gals. Again, welcome and enjoy!

Try fallen cycle salvage, Michigan cycle salvage, Pinwall salvage all on ebay. Pinwall also has its own site. some prices can be high some reasonable. You can find just about everything you will need on these sites. Good luck with your new scoot. Welcome to VR

I would suggest getting familiar with a site like yamahapartsmonster.com where you can use parts diagrams to get factory part numbers, then google just the part number. Often you'll find a hard to locate part in an obscure place or find a great deal. For instance last summer I found brand new, in factory packaging, the chrome insert for my 84's stator cover on eBay for 15 bucks because it was listed as Yamaha part 12345678 with no image other than the Yamaha sticker with the part number. Listed right next to lots of ugly old ones at much higher prices. My bike originally had the cb and stereo in the fairing but not needing it, and preferring instead to have storage there, I was able to piece together the glove box, lid, gaskets and chrome handles for about 40 bucks total including shipping. All parts brand new, the lid and handles in factory packaging. Took a couple of months of running same part number searches with coffee very morning.

Folks like pickers, storage buyers, scrappers, garage sale pros etc who aren't bike people will list NOS parts they come across in bulk, by part number only. Many times I've found new NLA parts this way, I once bought impossible to find 78 XS1100 rubber parts from a woman who thought they were for a Yamaha piano, she wasn't aware that they made "motorbikes".

Also, perusing those exploded parts diagrams is a good way to get familiar with your bike.

Tim

Howdy and welcome!!

eBay, boats.net, and partzilla are all good places. If you are interested in hard to find OEM farkle or other bling contact member Mike Eyecamp, EUSA1 who is also known as the Diamond Cut guy. He just recently bought out a dealer of all their old stock chrome accessories.

For a replacement windshield myself I strongly recommend buying an F-4 windshield as they are very high quality and the owner is very honest and stands behind his product! Venturerider members get a discount!

I have a brand new clearview XL vented shield still in manufacturer's packaging that I'd let go real cheap because my wife wants it out of hear.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I have a brand new clearview XL vented shield still in manufacturer's packaging that I'd let go real cheap because my wife wants it out of hear.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Danial if Ventureguy1979 does not get back to you about the shield. I may be interested in it. Send me a PM with details. Chuck