IGNORED

New Bluetooth idea. Will it work?

RDawson

I have an electronics guru friend working on a new Bluetooth set that may possibly let us link the phone in without using a GPS. The idea is start with a Bluetooth adapter like those that plug into a car stereo with a remote mic. In my simple mind I'd think a plug could be connected in place of the mic so the Buddy Rich cable could connect there. Sounds simple to me but I know squat about electronics. Has anyone here tried it? Would there be enough interest in it for him to produce them? If the test works we are looking to make it able to be hard wired inside the fairing with no batteries to deal with.

I like the idea of getting rid of the GPS and cleaning up the bars. I use my phone app anyway and only have the Garmin for the phone interface.

I have an electronics guru friend working on a new Bluetooth set that may possibly let us link the phone in without using a GPS. The idea is start with a Bluetooth adapter like those that plug into a car stereo with a remote mic. In my simple mind I'd think a plug could be connected in place of the mic so the Buddy Rich cable could connect there. Sounds simple to me but I know squat about electronics. Has anyone here tried it? Would there be enough interest in it for him to produce them? If the test works we are looking to make it able to be hard wired inside the fairing with no batteries to deal with.

I like the idea of getting rid of the GPS and cleaning up the bars. I use my phone app anyway and only have the Garmin for the phone interface.

I picked up this Bluetooth adapter for a buck and a half or so on a website called wish. I plug my favorite no microphone headphones into the Bluetooth adapter for music while I can do anything else I want with my phone. But I'm not trying to hook to a GPS system on my 83.a66e2b2ea1c001cf7bc32d99de7ca9ed.jpg

...in the Eternal scheme of things, this isn't even the blink of an eye.

I picked up this Bluetooth adapter for a buck and a half or so on a website called wish. I plug my favorite no microphone headphones into the Bluetooth adapter for music while I can do anything else I want with my phone. But I'm not trying to hook to a GPS system on my 83.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180328/a66e2b2ea1c001cf7bc32d99de7ca9ed.jpg

The Bluetooth adapter will play music for about 2 and 1/2 hours per charge. I bought three of them and they recharge in about 25 minutes

The Bluetooth adapter will play music for about 2 and 1/2 hours per charge. I bought three of them and they recharge in about 25 minutes

The idea is to be able to make/take phone calls thru the helmet sets plugged into the bike. Right now the only way I know to do that is with a Garmin and a splitter cable. With having kids and running a business I can't take off for days without being reachable all the time. I have a hardwired Bluetooth receiver in it for music.

The idea is to be able to make/take phone calls thru the helmet sets plugged into the bike. Right now the only way I know to do that is with a Garmin and a splitter cable. With having kids and running a business I can't take off for days without being reachable all the time. I have a hardwired Bluetooth receiver in it for music.
My bikes too loud for talking on a telephone, even in my full coverage helmet. I'm old, kids grown, I don't need to talk on the phone until I want to talk on the phone. Plus having voicemail to text from Verizon means if there's no message left I didn't need to pick it up. Never was a slave to this thing except when on call for work. 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 23 years. Course in the old days it was a tape recorder to the phone, then there was the pagers that just gave you a phone number, then a pager that would allow up to 126 characters. My first cell phone was in a bag with handset like the old home phones. But, if I'm calling someone I expect them to pick up by the second ring! Hahaha!

My bikes too loud for talking on a telephone, even in my full coverage helmet. I'm old, kids grown, I don't need to talk on the phone until I want to talk on the phone. Plus having voicemail to text from Verizon means if there's no message left I didn't need to pick it up. Never was a slave to this thing except when on call for work. 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 23 years. Course in the old days it was a tape recorder to the phone, then there was the pagers that just gave you a phone number, then a pager that would allow up to 126 characters. My first cell phone was in a bag with handset like the old home phones. But, if I'm calling someone I expect them to pick up by the second ring! Hahaha!

I miss those old ways. Nowadays as the owner of the business dealing with schools all over the country I'm expected to answer any and all questions RIGHT NOW. I'm working on training some new people to take some of the load off me now. Until then it's either answer on the go or not go at all.

I too, need to be accessible. I use a UClear blue tooth communicator on my full face/modular helmet that is blue toothed to my iPhone and mounted on my handlebars. I have a cheap little charger mounted inside the fairing with the cable routed out and along the bars to the phone. I am able to text, phone, and email wireless and hands free. (not that I do it much, I usually pull over)