IGNORED

need to know if there is a fuel pump relay n where it is for 2nd gen

dueyk1111

have'n probab's with my fuel pump, wont kick in when i take it for a ride and get on it heavy, wont keep enough gas in the carbs to keep go'n or keep the carbs fed . i lose 2 cyclinders, starter has been acting funny lately also. i took side cover off and felt the fuel pump go'n down the road, just not run'n when i think it should to feed the carbs. also changed fuel pump to another one i had and still hav same prob. any hep would be greatly appreciated!! have already ordered new starter relay. THANKS:scratchchin:

have'n probab's with my fuel pump, wont kick in when i take it for a ride and get on it heavy, wont keep enough gas in the carbs to keep go'n or keep the carbs fed . i lose 2 cyclinders, starter has been acting funny lately also. i took side cover off and felt the fuel pump go'n down the road, just not run'n when i think it should to feed the carbs. also changed fuel pump to another one i had and still hav same prob. any hep would be greatly appreciated!! have already ordered new starter relay. THANKS:scratchchin:

Have you checked the fuel filter? It could be getting clogged and not letting fuel flow at high RPMs. If it is the filter get one that is smaller with a cartrage that you can change and you can locate it just behind the tank for easy access under the seat.

Yes there is, it is part of the starting circuit cut off relay assembly, there are two relays in that assembly. That assembly should be item 45 in the parts list in the link below. Called Relay Assy (5Ea-00) FOR SIDE STAND PN 5EA-81950-00-00

https://www.partsfish.com/oemparts/a/yam/50045f98f8700209bc794e98/electrical-1

I have some PDF files I can send you, if you email me from my profile, I will send them to you. Put Venture fuel pump in the message title so I know the email is not junk.

I'm kind of in your court Steve, with the start system. But I also have a question about the "back up" fuel pump. Where did it come from? Why did it come out if used? Have you maybe checked the points.