IGNORED

Starting to get my 83 Blonde back in shape

Zzyzx

Finely got started on rebuilding the 83 since the fire. Stripped her down and have started working on cleaning all the soot off, or as much as I can without taking everything apart.

Started her yesterday and she runs ok for now. Will need the carbs adjusted and such but I was surprised she started at all, well not to suprised, it is a Venture after all.

If all goes according to plan she will be back in the road before months end.

After that it’s back to work on the 84.

More updates to come.

48AD54B9-FECE-4424-B33F-D4D4B9165E52.jpgADAF4EA1-92E8-45B5-AAFB-A36D9F24C061.jpg9EC072C0-7114-46A2-B558-57C479358D1E.jpg

A BLONDE WITH NO CLOTHES:Avatars_Gee_George::backinmyday:!!!! It is interesting to look under that stuff once in a while.

Never minded looking under a blondes clothing but unfortunately this one needed a hard scrubbing to make her pretty again. LOL!!!

Is that macs exaust on her? If so does that have a beefier not to it then stock?

Yep they're MACS. I bought the first set to check them out and then gambled and bought the rest of the stock... another 10 pair... and sold them to the members of the board for cost plus shipping. Needless to say they didn't last very long... :-) I then ordered another 10 and it was like pulling teeth trying to get them built. Finally got those in and shipped, but decided that was not worth the effort. Jardine and MAC were the only 1stGen exhaust builders, and I'm pretty sure they have both discontinued them... Here's a short AVI clip that will give you an idea of what they sounded like...

MACS

83vr 008.AVI

Yep they're MACS. I bought the first set to check them out and then gambled and bought the rest of the stock... another 10 pair... and sold them to the members of the board for cost plus shipping. Needless to say they didn't last very long... :-) I then ordered another 10 and it was like pulling teeth trying to get them built. Finally got those in and shipped, but decided that was not worth the effort. Jardine and MAC were the only 1stGen exhaust builders, and I'm pretty sure they have both discontinued them... Here's a short AVI clip that will give you an idea of what they sounded like...

MACS

According to numerous eBay listing macs still makes them.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

That's the place to get them then..... Good luck...
I missed out on jardens so was hoping for something else I had seen them before I will message and double check. I'm hoping for a growl like a flowmaster. You know where the purr at idle but growl when you give it some throttle. Kinda throaty like.

I missed out on jardens so was hoping for something else I had seen them before I will message and double check. I'm hoping for a growl like a flowmaster. You know where the purr at idle but growl when you give it some throttle. Kinda throaty like.

INDEED,, synced out and piped up nicely there is NOTHING that sounds as purdy as a Yamaha V-4!!

Finely got started on rebuilding the 83 since the fire. Stripped her down and have started working on cleaning all the soot off, or as much as I can without taking everything apart.

Started her yesterday and she runs ok for now. Will need the carbs adjusted and such but I was surprised she started at all, well not to suprised, it is a Venture after all.

If all goes according to plan she will be back in the road before months end.

After that it’s back to work on the 84.

More updates to come.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=111602http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=111603http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=111604

OUTSTANDING Zzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

Like all these other lop eared varmints - I will be following this closely with all the :fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo possible for complete and full success brother!!

Make er go!!!!!!!!!!!

Puc

I've never heard the Jardines so can't speak for their 'voice'... The MAC's are a medium mellow with a bark when throttling up. They sound even better at idle if you do the Jason Mod on the carbs. The mod does nothing to improve performance but gives the engine a pleasing little 'Cam' lope. Maybe Ed @Zzyzx can take a better video while the bikes running nakid??

I've never heard the Jardines so can't speak for their 'voice'... The MAC's are a medium mellow with a bark when throttling up. They sound even better at idle if you do the Jason Mod on the carbs. The mod does nothing to improve performance but gives the engine a pleasing little 'Cam' lope. Maybe Ed @Zzyzx can take a better video while the bikes running nakid??
Running naked..... I drove mine naked lol.

Running naked..... I drove mine naked lol.

Here she is running the Macs pipes. I like the sound much better than the stock pipes. Has a mid range rumble, not to loud but enough to let you know she’s a V4.

BTW this was the first time in 1-1/2 years she was started. Sat a long time after the fire in a storage unit. Felt good to hear her running again.

Here she is running the Macs pipes. I like the sound much better than the stock pipes. Has a mid range rumble, not to loud but enough to let you know she’s a V4.

Exactly what I'm talking about sounds good thru sound bar lol

BTW this was the first time in 1-1/2 years she was started. Sat a long time after the fire in a storage unit. Felt good to hear her running again.

Yep.. I wasn't that far off.. See I can still remember a few things.. :think: :-) BTW that seat looks great too. Wasn't sure if it could be saved, but you've done an awesome job. It's a Merry Terry made in her shop in Old Sacramento. She's still in biz but no longer builds seats. One of the most comfortable I've ever ridden....

Yep.. I wasn't that far off.. See I can still remember a few things.. :think: :-) BTW that seat looks great too. Wasn't sure if it could be saved, but you've done an awesome job. It's a Merry Terry made in her shop in Old Sacramento. She's still in biz but no longer builds seats. One of the most comfortable I've ever ridden....

Sorry Jack but the seat is toast. The extreme heat from the fire dried the seat cover and it split in 4 different places. It also burnt off most of the leather/suede top material.

Patty is going to try to make a new cover with material I found and we will save the cushion material since it still feels nice to sit on.

Pictures of the seat recovered will be posted when done as well.

I have 1/4 inch fuel line I tried to do make mod between vacuum ports but it is to big it seems what size lines have ppl used?

I want to think it’s a 3/16” vacuum hose which is better than using fuel line.

Sorry Jack but the seat is toast. The extreme heat from the fire dried the seat cover and it split in 4 different places. It also burnt off most of the leather/suede top material.

Patty is going to try to make a new cover with material I found and we will save the cushion material since it still feels nice to sit on.

Pictures of the seat recovered will be posted when done as well.

I remember you telling me that, but when I saw the seat I thought, Hey.. miracles do happen... :-) Hope Patty is able to re-do the cover.