IGNORED

HD Tour Pack on RSTD...THANKS, phoneman19!

smithco

I just wanted to give a big thanks to to Mark Shields for his help and insight on putting a tour pack on my RSTD. Mark found an HD trunk for me, which I bought and already received, and am expecting Venture trunk rails to show up this week (I bought the Venture rear rack a couple of years ago figuring on doing this one day). Looking forward to getting everything mounted up, and will post pics when done. Thanks again!

I just wanted to give a big thanks to to Mark Shields for his help and insight on putting a tour pack on my RSTD. Mark found an HD trunk for me, which I bought and already received, and am expecting Venture trunk rails to show up this week (I bought the Venture rear rack a couple of years ago figuring on doing this one day). Looking forward to getting everything mounted up, and will post pics when done. Thanks again!

If there are lights on that tour pack I can help you out, I have made several custom harnesses for folks that have done the same install, one included wires and connectors for the speakers mounted in his. Many times I can match the connectors and make the whole install plug and play.

See my adds in the member vendor section. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/photopost/showcat.php?cat=18

• 7 months later...

Well, life happened, and I had other priorities come up, but I finally got the HD trunk mounted to me 2006 RSTD! Thanks to Mark Shields for all of the advice and help locating the necessary items, and thanks to Steve Kowalcky for the wiring harness to connect the RSTD tail lights to the HD tour pak lights. Plug and play, just the way I like it!

I also dropped in the Barnette kit when I was changing the oil and filter this weekend, as like many folks, I had slippage in 4th and OD when I hit the throttle hard. No more slippage now! Love it! My two brothers from MN and WI are arriving today with six other friends, and a total of 12 of us hit the road tomorrow for five days through Southern Utah...Zion, Bryce, Moab, and all places in between! Looking forward to it!

IMG_20180804_185803151.jpg

IMG_20180804_185427297.jpg

IMG_20180805_113243867_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180805_113205748.jpg