IGNORED

Need help with a part number.

Hey guys! Whats the part number for the vacuum actuator cable. Ive got the other 4 throttle cables figured out, just not the vacuum actuator's. Thanks!

Looks like they are calling it a STARTER CABLE. Which is unavailable.

startercable.jpg

I bet one from a 2012 would work.

2012cable.jpg

Looks like they are calling it a STARTER CABLE. Which is unavailable.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=111032

I bet one from a 2012 would work.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=111033

See I thought it was the Starter Cable too. But I actually think that cable goes to the choke. I think that's the part to the choke on the second picture as well

Edited by Chaharly

OK, I gotta admit, I don't have a clue what a vacuum actuator cable is.

In human words its the cruise control cable..:bang head: If I absolutely cant find one I'll just lube this one up and itll be fine, but I snapped a throttle cable so I figure why not replace everything while I'm in there!

Cowpuc posted recently that he hasn't had a cable break since he started lubing the cables.

Its definitely hard to argue with @cowpuc on these bikes. He has more miles on them than an average person gets in a life time! Like I said, No big deal if I have to, but if I can find it, great!

After looking at the parts fiche, check under electrical 1 listing and it appears to me that the cable is attached with the Vacuum Actuator assemble which is no long available from Yamaha. I have check the parts fiche and I dont find a listing for the cruise control cable listed. I have checked a few online sources and had no luck with locating a replacement cable part number.

Do you have your fairing apart so you can get a good look at the Vacuum Actuator and see how the cable is attached to the actuator. You might be able to take it off and see if you can find one at a local dealer.

Good luck and let us know what you find. Take a few pictures of it and share it here as that might help us all.

Thanks.

Rick F.