IGNORED

New pot stirring experiences, or, to infinity and beyond, or,,,

cowpuc

Having experienced the up's and down's of the new Venture release I have found myself in deep need of some emotional and psychological therapy.. In my quest for calmness and instead of turning to drink or drugs I started looking at other venues. Ironically I found some much needed tranquility within the hall's of our long time nemisis and chief competitor Honda Motors as I read about what may be coming in the form of the updated 1800 Wing.. While keeping up with the latest rumors (an act that caused me all this grief in the first place - teaching old dogs new tricks and all that) I soon found my since of stability once again restored and felt my trigger finger starting to itch again = a good sign.. Reading the most recent release that, among other things, mentioned something about Honda going 4 valve on the new one caused me so much joy that I decided to post a greeting and a well wish on a Gold Wing site.

Here is a copy/paste of that well wish for your reading enjoyment or,, for the basis of my next visit to club probation = what will be will be..

""""Hi Guys:

I have been riding the Yamaha Venture for many years now - since 1987 to be exact. My wife and I are in the process of wearing out our 6th Venture since '87 and, when Yamaha announced the unveiling of the new Venture at Americade back in June - we excitedly tossed on our riding clothes, strapped on the tent and headed that way..

I am a dedicated long distance touring rider and am an avid member of VentureRider (under the same name as I registered here as) and, like so many of my colleagues in our club there, spent many hours writing about what we wanted/expected in the new Venture that we patiently waited for for many years.. Most, if not all, of our "wish lists" contained drive train specs that included hopes of Yamaha using the 1700cc, water cooled, fuel injected V-Max motor with hp/torque that would rival the likes of the Wing and/or even the 1600 Beemer.. Most of us were also crystal clear on staying with shaft drive too.

As most of you can imagine, as my wife and I sat in the front row at the unveiling and they pushed the go button's on the new machines hidden from us - my jaw dropped as did my blood pressure when I heard the distinct sound of an air cooled, push rod V-Twin "Strat" motor = I WAS SHOCKED and, shall we say,, more then mildly disappointed!! Shortly after the presentation (and after getting the knives thrown at me during 1/2 time at the unveiling = you can see this debacle here in one of my You Tube video's if you want a laugh):

I bumped into a couple of just as faithful brothers of the long road who's chosen steeds were 1800 Goldwing's and quite a discussion took place about what we all had just witnessed. Their take on the new Yamaha was one of "no competition here" to "Hope Honda don't do that to us if/when they update the Wing"!

All that and now finding us all at this junction in motorcycling history with what looks like a real deal Wing upgrade being released very shortly - I want all my Winged brother's of the road here to know that I/we are rooting for you folks to end up with a REAL deal "turning the touring world upside down" scoot and that Honda "dont do that to you".. There are many of us brothers by different mothers who are watching this all unfold and we share in your excitement as we all witness this new breed of a Honda steed with the deepest hope that Honda stays the course and refrains from chasing the air cooled craziness that recently took place.

May our paths cross out on the open road that brings us touring riders so much pleasure and may we and our passengers be forever protected from the scalding heat of the air cooled big twins who we share the touring experience with to infinity and beyond..

Puc

:witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew:

I like the sporty looks of the FB6. Basically a GW with no trunk. But they left off some key things a fellow would want in a touring type bike, like cruise and ABS. I would have to say if I was in the market for a different bike I would have to say I may look to a GW. Maybe go rent one for a few days and try it out.

Gotta get out and look a little. A month into the weight Room thing again trying to get me back. Getting to feeling like a little garage time could be coming up. Too much sitting out there that needs attention. But looking at the new ones the Venture was a BIG Let Down!!! Glad to see Honda not following. Hey ribs not stopping me this time!!! 4th attempt at getting back to living. Feeling best effort so far. Taking it slow with weights but I feel things stirring!! HEY Puc we could order a New V-Max engine and tuck it in a 1st Gen Frame!!:Avatars_Gee_George: