IGNORED

Michigan 9mm handgun shooters = ammo alert!!

cowpuc

Tip and I went grocery shopping earlier today at Meijers in North Muskegon Michigan and while she was working her fingers to the bone grocery shopping I snuck off and headed over to the sporting goods department (she fills the cart, I unload on the little conveyor belt, load the car and then unload the goodies when we get home = its The Code).. I discovered that Meijers has a special going on 9mm Ammo - 19.99 for 100 rounds!! Caught my eye cause I thought for a minute that the .45 Auto was the same but the .45 turned out to be 19.99 for 50 rounds.. Anyway,, got no 9 but thought I best stick this up in case any of my lop eared 9mm varmint shootin buddies needed ammo.. Thinking that aint to bad of a price,,, is it???

Tip and I went grocery shopping earlier today at Meijers in North Muskegon Michigan and while she was working her fingers to the bone grocery shopping I snuck off and headed over to the sporting goods department (she fills the cart, I unload on the little conveyor belt, load the car and then unload the goodies when we get home = its The Code).. I discovered that Meijers has a special going on 9mm Ammo - 19.99 for 100 rounds!! Caught my eye cause I thought for a minute that the .45 Auto was the same but the .45 turned out to be 19.99 for 50 rounds.. Anyway,, got no 9 but thought I best stick this up in case any of my lop eared 9mm varmint shootin buddies needed ammo.. Thinking that aint to bad of a price,,, is it???

Thats 4 times what i used to pay PUC...... that is crazy how much stuff has gone up in the last 15 yrs.....

I think I usually pay about $25 for 100 at Walmart. So that's a good price if it is USA made ammo. The Russian ammo is really cheap.

Winchester I believe, FMJ = in a white box with red lettering.. Wish those .45 Auto's they had would have been 100 count instead of 50's,, I'd have grab a box or two for sure..

Thats 4 times what i used to pay PUC...... that is crazy how much stuff has gone up in the last 15 yrs.....

I SOOOO hear that Snype,, the bricks of .22 shells I used to pay $5 for have been up in the $70 range for a long time now = jokers sure know how to take all the fun out of walking down a two-track plinkin acorns and pine cones I tell ya...

Ok,, so it got even better,,, $38 for a box of 100 45 auto.. They have a $5 clip on coupon with MPerks for anything over $30 in sporting goods so $33 for 100 rounds... Get there a bit ago and find out they also have 10% off everything in the store and they took the 10% off the $38 bucks so another $3.80 off so $29 for 100 rounds of .45 Auto.. Not bad!!

Sale ends today (9-30-17) if anyone is interested..

DSCN5904.JPG

DSCN5906.JPG

DSCN5901.JPG

DSCN5900.JPG

DSCN5897.JPG

I SOOOO hear that Snype,, the bricks of .22 shells I used to pay $5 for have been up in the $70 range for a long time now = jokers sure know how to take all the fun out of walking down a two-track plinkin acorns and pine cones I tell ya...

Puc when I was shooting 22's in competition we used mostly 10-x brand and they were $10.50 a box of 50. $1500.00 a case and I quit shooting in 04. I don't think I would want to have to buy them today.

I was advised that if you were going to shoot more than 5 boxes of any ammo get a reloader. So I did and there is great satisfaction and independence doing this. I have shot trap for 40 yrs. and I can buy shells for less than reloading them but I still save the hulls just in case. I'm putting together my first AR 15 defensive weapon today ( all my parts are here) and my next purchases .223 die set .

Wow! 20c/ round for 9mm that sounds pretty good to me. We're almost paying that much for .22LR!

American Eagle 9mm is $22 for 50 at local Cabela's. (Bulk 1000 rds Remington 9mm $300!)

ps Good that you know the "code" for doing the groceries.

I do much the same, but of course few of our supermarkets have decent sports dept's I can sneak off to (actually I don't need to sneak, she'd be there with me!)

Edited by Kretz

Reloading is a good activity to get into if you're going to shoot much. I bought a single stage RCBS press back in the 80's that is still in use. There's certain amount of satisfaction that comes from making your own ammo too.