IGNORED

Carburetor kit

BillE.

Hello fellow bikers, I have an 83 Venture Royal 1200, I am having difficulty finding A carburetor rebuild kit, there are kits on ebay for the V-Max and the 1300 venture, however they state on their ad they are not compatible with my 83 1200, can somebody point me in the direction as to where I can acquire the right kit please?

Be aware that any "kit" you buy will not be complete for your carbs and you will need to buy some items from Yamaha if they are available still. The biggest thing to replace will be your slide diaphragms and these are available from a couple of sources. Sirius Consolidated, Inc in Canada use to give the group members a discount on a set of 4, but not sure if they still are and what price they would be. https://www.siriusconinc.com/search_result.php?make=2&model=Venture%20Royale&part=All&partno=&x=56&y=16&search=search&start=0 contact them and see what they have to say.

When ordering from the Carburetor Shop website, I would suggest you pay for the faster shipping, as when I ordered from them this spring and use the standard shipping, it took about a month for the parts to arrive as they come from across the pond. It looks like a nice kit with all the o-rings and gaskets included but you still will need to order parts from another source to replace everything in the carbs.

Good luck

Rick F.

Thank you for the suggestions, i will try the search of xvz 1200, as for the diaphrams, they are in good shape, what happened is the float on the front left cylinder got stuck and i tried cleaning it through its fuel line and over flow with carb cleaner and chem tool and draining the bowl, repete the process, whoooo dawgy, if the drain plug comes all the way out with the carbs still mounted, what a beach that is, anyway i got them on the bench looking for a kit, the bowl gaskets are 17 bux each and the inner gaskets are 14 bux each at my local shop.