IGNORED

Friday drama

I know it seems a PITA, But would you rather have a bike you can run 5 tanks thru or do you want a bike that you might drive 5 miles? These bikes need the time and care to bring them back from the dead. Now also it is very hard to find anyone to work on bikes as old as ours, most won't touch it over 15 yrs old. When you find ones that do got to know there 1000s of bikes on the road that are more then 15 yrs old... Hopefully next weekend.

OK, the wobble is caused by a combination of two things, first is an air turbulence caused by the belt drive causing a vortex under the engine which when coupled with the instantaneous heat radiated by the lack of water cooling causes a mini tornado under the front forks which creates an oscillation which is interpreted as a "wobble."

Unfortunately, due to the extremely large diameter of the V Twin pistons, the RPM's of the sheer mass of the metal is limited to a mere 38 RPM's which equates to the maximum speed of 26.38756 MPH with a tailwind. By switching to a much larger diameter tire, you may be able to actually exceed a mind-boggling speed of 30 MPH!!

:clap2::smile5::mo money::fingers-crossed-emo:big-grin-emoticon:

Lol actually ill give that one to ya, as in too funny.... But I guess you could say air turbulence... My white walls keep ripping at the Whitehall... Thus allowing tube to get deformed with the run flat aka slime causing tire to be off balance I put a 26.175 tire on the back and the walls are a little thicker... But took me a couple days to figure it out. Didn't think I could pedal fast enuff to create a wobble... But aired up yesterday and seen what was going on. Scary ride home lol ok not so much but that was my Friday drama shoot it Sunday so not yesterday but day b4 making it Friday lol. But love the answer here maybe I should put this motor on bike to make it faster..d9a49b5bcde66de6071a9cdc05655eaf.jpg

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. That is exactly what happened to mine. I was able to correct my issue with the installation of a new air circulation maximizer adjusted to to the 1132 circuit value. :080402gudl_prv:

OK, the wobble is caused by a combination of two things, first is an air turbulence caused by the belt drive causing a vortex under the engine which when coupled with the instantaneous heat radiated by the lack of water cooling causes a mini tornado under the front forks which creates an oscillation which is interpreted as a "wobble."

Unfortunately, due to the extremely large diameter of the V Twin pistons, the RPM's of the sheer mass of the metal is limited to a mere 38 RPM's which equates to the maximum speed of 26.38756 MPH with a tailwind. By switching to a much larger diameter tire, you may be able to actually exceed a mind-boggling speed of 30 MPH!!

:clap2::smile5::080402gudl_prv::fingers-crossed-emo:big-grin-emoticon:

...and now you are starting to understand why we educate ourselves and do our own work!!!
I'm sure the last lesson will be the bill! I do want him to get me to a really solid starting point so that I can recognize any degradation and repair it as we go. And he does let me find my own Parts which is rare. He also breaks everything down to show me what he did. Very much like the orthopedic surgeons that I deal with in my daily life, they LOVE to tell you the intricacies of how wonderfully they performed their last surgery. We agreed early on that I wanted to pay for his expertise and talents and wasn't afraid to do that but would prefer to get my own parts when he thought I could find a good deal. He's actually quite impressed with my friends from venturerider.org.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So this is now the 6th Friday in a row. Will you be riding this weekend?

You know it will not be too much longer before cowpuc does something silly to make me go out to play with my machines in the shed.........:snow2:

I am sure you do not want to have to ride it home someday in 6 inches of partly cloudy. :snow:

Not me baby,, I have learned my lesson and have changed my :witch_brew: ways.. This year I am trying something different and completely going cold turkey on :stickpoke:.. Working pretty dog gone good too cause here it is the end of September and WOWZY has it been PERFECT for CTFW here in West Michigan = even better than some recent summer months here!! I should have thought of this a long time ago and left @Flyinfool and his infernal Wisconsin White Washer alone...

Now all I gotta worry about is over spray covering me from other lop eared errant biker varmints down south :stickpoke: and :stirthepot: Fools twisted mind and causing him grief... I sure hope they know what their doing when they do what they do cause I KNOW from experience = Fool LOVES to watch those who have :stickpoke: him :cold:....

I have her! By the time I rode home she was spitting antifreeze from where they had bumped my repair to the overflow connection tube. Also at idle weather in gear or out there is a rattling down by the transmission. Actually sounds more like something loose inside the exhaust rather than a problem in the engine as it doesn't change the sounds with RPM or clutch engaged. Oh and they forgot to bolt the seat down. I'm not complaining I'll just get to love her up a little tonight before I sit on her all day tomorrow. Sounds different with four cylinders firing. And I got a little backfiring with deceleration that I never had before. Also she's quite quick for big old girl. The

I have her! By the time I rode home she was spitting antifreeze from where they had bumped my repair to the overflow connection tube. Also at idle weather in gear or out there is a rattling down by the transmission. Actually sounds more like something loose inside the exhaust rather than a problem in the engine as it doesn't change the sounds with RPM or clutch engaged. Oh and they forgot to bolt the seat down. I'm not complaining I'll just get to love her up a little tonight before I sit on her all day tomorrow. Sounds different with four cylinders firing. And I got a little backfiring with deceleration that I never had before. Also she's quite quick for big old girl. The

CONGRATS to both you and your new scoot :clap2::dancefool:= now GET OUT AN CTFW brother:Bunny:!!!!

That repair on the waterpump tube is a common one = easy fix as you already know.. The decel popping is VERY common if your scoot has any form of exhaust leak any where in its exhaust system.. Even loud KABOOMS are common place if this is so.. One of the things that can help is making sure your idle is set at spec = a grand, even with exhaust leaks this can help a little BUT - the real fix is making sure the exhaust has no leaks..

The collector on these commonly develop a rattle as the inner web in them LOVE to come loose.. I actually pulled a 2 inch by 4 inch web out of one of my headers one time cause it was doing what you are talking of.. Another common ailment is a rattle like you speak of that shows up if you have a worn clutch hub bearing surface but usually this stops when you pull the clutch lever.. Sounds to me like you nailed it with a collector problem thought..

Might still not be a bad idea to double check tire air pressures tonight - fill to max PSI suggested on the tire carcasses. Also double check your oil level in the site glass = should be in the middle of the glass when standing upright..

WOWZY =very happy for ya Ty!! Have fun out there, ride safe and take some :photographing:'s of your maiden voyage for us if you have time!!

Puc

I've had to tear my forks apart for the 3rd time, maybe a bad batch of seals. I have not been able to ride for a little while adn Vmax is down for some brake work. Just the video gave me a rush and a grin.

Thanks for posting it. Now just to glide along the amazing 71 that I saw recently when I was in that area. Glad you got her back and a good solid starting point.

Happy you got her back and got a good ride. Long wait. You'll get all the little things worked out, and all the great people on this site will help. What I've learned about my 83, there's always something little that needs attention, it's all about priorities. Ride safe