IGNORED

Phones to talk/touch screens to play with. Is watching where your going a lost art?

cowpuc

Just noticed this video and it reminded me of a question I asked at a recent Demo Days at our local HD shop = that being is all this info system stuff really necessary and, cant pushing all those buttons while out CTFW become a dangerous endeavor? For many years now I have wondered about all this modern day electronic gizmo advancement and whether or not it really is good for our sport? GPS's, XMRadio's,, Phone service,, bike to bike communications, being able to check your ebay account and do electronic banking while cruising down the road and on and on..

Take a peek at this video,,, I have watched it a few times and I still dont understand exactly what happened here.. The only answer I have been able to conclude with is the person simply got distracted (possibly by showing more interest in the bikes Info system than actually riding it) and went off into the willy weeds.. What say you?

Glad he is ok!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxSvXbZEZ70

Edited by cowpuc

I know what you're talking about puc. While the electronic gizmos can make for a more enjoyable ride, there is an element of distraction while you're fiddling with them. I've noticed when I'm resetting my cheapo GPS or even changing the radio station on my aftermarket radio, you do have to take you eyes off the road a bit. You can travel a significant distance during that time. Having handlebar and voice activated control is definitely a plus perhaps a necessity for safety. Common sense plays a factor here as well. Do all your fiddling before you take off or at the next stop.

I think maybe it was combination of the new bike and looking where you don't want to go. Several years ago I was in a similar situation after not having ridden a bike for a few years. Luckily I didn't crash, but I just couldn't seem to find a way to get the bike to go where I wanted it to go. I think maybe in his mind he was so scared of running off the road that he became fixated on the edge of the road and could not come out of that "trance" in time to recover.

I would love to toss all the junk and go back to riding while sitting on a paper Map!! Had to stop to take a look at it!! Or catch somebody beside the road and ask "WHERE AM I???:backinmyday::Avatars_Gee_George:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::guitarist 2::happy34::happy65:

:scratchchin::think:Or,,, maybe even more importantly = Are you you? :biker: