IGNORED

Dragon trip

10spd

BEEEEEEEUUUTEEEEFUL PICS = thank you for sharing SPDer!! Looks like some GREAT riding you got yourself into down yonder!! How were the temps and how was the traffic? Got a few lop eared VR varmints roaming around down there yet I think - bump into any of em or did cha have it pretty much to yourself??

Thanks again for sharing!!

Puc

I was out there in June and was able to get a ride in on the Dragon.. We road it on a Tuesday about 430pm and not little to no traffic on it and have a real nice ride both direction on it. It was my buddy on his 89 VR and me on mine. I dont think I ever made it out of second gear the whole time. I also enjoy the ride to the Dragon from Maggie Valley area. Very nice riding out in that area...

Rick F.

I was out there in June and was able to get a ride in on the Dragon.. We road it on a Tuesday about 430pm and not little to no traffic on it and have a real nice ride both direction on it. It was my buddy on his 89 VR and me on mine. I dont think I ever made it out of second gear the whole time. I also enjoy the ride to the Dragon from Maggie Valley area. Very nice riding out in that area...

Rick F.

I didn't get out of 2nd gear either. It was very challenging. Will go back soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I know that forth gear is good but I find third and higher rpm's work. Someone told me it is like poetry in motion to see me slay the dragon. Its a good ride however we all know that there is better rides with less blue light patrols. If you want to sharpen your skills for an afternoon its a nice run. If you want a day of it ride VA16 & WV16.

I've never been to the Dragon, but I've always heard about it from friends and co-workers and mostly positive feedback. From what I've heard, it is a great experience. Perhaps someday, I will also make it to the Dragon.

I know that forth gear is good but I find third and higher rpm's work. Someone told me it is like poetry in motion to see me slay the dragon. Its a good ride however we all know that there is better rides with less blue light patrols. If you want to sharpen your skills for an afternoon its a nice run. If you want a day of it ride VA16 & WV16.

:innocent-emoticon: I live on WV16!!! :Avatars_Gee_George: There are other roads in West By God.:Avatars_Gee_George::backinmyday:

That's a fact. I think you could ride for 2 weeks in WV alone and still not find all the great rides. I have to say it is a hidden gem for the motorcycle enthusiast. Just need to be careful with some of the logging trucks and such. That goes to say anytime you ride any where. All be safe and keep the rubber on the road.