IGNORED

Nissan XD Deisel info

djh3

Dont plan to buy one tomorrow or anything. Just doing research for possible future purchase. I currently am very happy with my paid for 96 Cummins. But anybody heard or read anything on this new Nissan XD with the new Cummins V-8? I would consider a Ford F-250 but that dang Ford diesel is so fickle trying to figure out which one had good head bolts, but oh wait it had crappy oil cooler and clogged up. And any of the GM duramax want dura money.

Nissan V? what since when has Nissan had a V anything? I do know there motors run forever as long as you dont get them hot and get pretty darned good gas mileage, not as good as my VW Rabit tho 54-62 miles to gallon of diesel..... 10 bux would last me 2 weeks back when I was a teen lol...

Dont plan to buy one tomorrow or anything. Just doing research for possible future purchase.

I had a 93 Dodge D250 with the Cummins B5.9 Best Engine Ever. Worst Body/Truck ever.

Warning, incoming opinion headed your way.

Diesel Fuel costs more and you have to add DEF fluid nowadays. Increased fuel mileage will not offset these costs.

Catalyst Regeneration depends on a lot of hiway miles to happen. If you are just going to use this truck for mainly short hauls, I guarantee you will have Catalyst troubles. Dealerships charge big $$$ to do a manual regen. I think consumers/customers should be able to do a manual regen, but that opens up a whole nuther can of worms for the manufacturers.

The only way to break even on a diesel truck is to drive 500,000 miles so it will exceed one gas-engine rebuild cost. Unless you are buying a diesel to drive it 24/7/365 I would just get a gas truck.

I agree diesel is not the"cheap" engine to operate it once was. Yea with the regen cat thing you got to get them out on the road and drive to burn out the crap. occasionally. Big hit on cost of diesel PU is initial cost to buy. I would probably go back 2 yr from current model to even look at one. Shoot I aint even sure if I need a 3/4 ton truck until I get something sorted out on what we want to do for living area or area. We have talked about full timing, which would probably require a 1 ton, and we have gone the just find a place in an area we like. Say NC Tn area. It changes day to day. LOL

I've been following the Titan Diesel with great interest ever since it was announced. I own a 2006 5.6 V8 Titan LE crew cab now, and love it. The big reason I went to it was at the time it had the largest cab rating in the industry , and I needed all the help I could get... I've owned GMC's and Fords, and it is the roomiest. The 5.6 will also rock your socks when you put the pedal to the metal. I might also add the 5.6 is a big block, so stuffing a Cummings Diesel in there would be a no brainer. I don't think there will be that much difference. Cummings builds a great diesel i.e. the Ram inline 6, and a ton of commercial applications. Now all I have to do is find the dinero.. And unfortunately I'd want it equipped like my LE... :mo money:

https://www.nissanusa.com/trucks/titan-xd