IGNORED

Question not bike related

slowrollwv

Things are getting so changeable now with border regulations fwiw I'd get a Passport.

Here (in BC) we have "enhanced" drivers licences that are supposed to allow crossings, but I don't have one. I use a passport to cross into the USA. Maybe a US citizen with a licence like yours will comment more knowledgeably.

Things are getting so changeable now with border regulations fwiw I'd get a Passport.

Here (in BC) we have "enhanced" drivers licences that are supposed to allow crossings, but I don't have one. I use a passport to cross into the USA. Maybe a US citizen with a licence like yours will comment more knowledgeably.

I have the enhanced licence and it works just fine for crossing into the USA by road but apparently may not work at airports.

Some of this kind of stuff is just silly. If your a bad guy and want to come into the US to do harm, do you really think they are going to cross at a boarder? There are 10's of thousands of miles of unprotected board to just drive across. Heck its done daily down south. They were doing a Passport Card also that was going to be good for flying in/out of Canada and the cruiseship routes. I guess if you were in and out in a few days or something. I quit traveling for work so it didnt matter anymore.

I have the enhanced licence and it works just fine for crossing into the USA by road but apparently may not work at airports.

I'd heard of problems from more than one source, that's why I have a passport. Plus I may want/ need to go places other than the USA & an enhanced licence doesn't work for them.

Roller, both Tip and I have the Enhanced Michigan DL's and have used them many times at many locations for going back n forth into Canada =absolutely NO issues at any USA/Canadian border coming or going and that includes States outside of Michigan and Provinces with borders that do not connect with our home state = you will be fine!!

Ours "broadcast" our info using some kind of a chip but we are always stopped at the window to verify the info the guards are reading... The licenses come with a sleeve to carry em in so our info is not being spread all over the place,, Tip is more jittery about that kind of stuff so she keeps her license concealed,, personally I dont much care about stuff like that (remember back during the Y2K scare when everyone was stocking up on toilet paper? I wasnt one of them,, more of I would rather go back to using leafs then have a basement full of toilet paper kind of guy) so I just leave mine broadcasting..

Yep,, things work AWESOME!!!

Found out by trial and error they will not work to get into Mexico though,,, BUT - they werent billed as such either = at least ours arent.. Those bandito's they got down there in Cactus Country were intrigued with them but would definitely not allow passage without other paper work = Canada only I reckon I reckon..

Thanks for the replies. I just have to get the wife to upgrade her DL and we can go to Canada next year. Puc I have no intension of going south of the border.

Roller, I told the CHiP that stopped me for 68 in a 55 while coasting down that mountain in The Sierra Nevada's on "88" that my bike was shut off and in neutral and I didnt have any intent of breaking any laws out there.. He said many times in life things happen that we never intend to happen and we should be prepared for those times too...

Have no idea why I wrote that Roller :scratchchin: ,, guess it sounded good to me when I did :biker:,,, gotta forgive me bro - been in the sun a lot the last couple days and thinkin part of my brain got toasted,,, bottom line - hope ya have as much fun using your Enhanced as we have using ours :guitarist 2:

DSCN4977.JPG

DSCN4978.JPG

Roller, I told the CHiP that stopped me for 68 in a 55 while coasting down that mountain in The Sierra Nevada's on "88" that my bike was shut off and in neutral and I didnt have any intent of breaking any laws out there.. He said many times in life things happen that we never intend to happen and we should be prepared for those times too...
Reminds me of the time my youngest son, who was 16 at the time, was very irate at getting a lecture from a LEO for doing the same thing. The cop said the speed limit is 80 and it doesn't matter how you achieve it. Took him a while to get over it. Not sure if it was about the lecture or about coming up with such a lame excuse instead of admitting to his mistake.