IGNORED

Rear Tire Safe or not.

I wouldn't even push it fast.

I know I am late to the show here but cant let this go without sharing my opinion on something.. IMHO, Carl aint far off here..

It may be just cause of my ride style but,, having had my share of flats I can honestly say that the real challange of bringing a scoot to a safe stop when experiencing a flat tire front or back actually doesnt even start until well under 25 mph and it gets steadily more difficult as you slow down and those last 5 miles per hour can be real killers.That being said,, and once again IMHO, even riding a scoot with a tire like that on it at slow speeds is extremely dangerous..

On a side note,, company's like Chapparal or Dennis Kirk have excellent shipping records.. I too have had excellent results with Shinko 230's and,, get this,, when I was out in California I jumped on Ebay, ordered a 76 dollar Shinko 230 from Chapparal, had it shipped to my Daughters house and it showed up the next day - Chapparal is in Cali too BUT - the one I spooned on just before we left for Cali a few days before was also a Chapparal Shinko and it only took 2 days to get here...

Um I would not even attempt that fate with a tubed tire on a Rebel..... I had bad habit of locking up shorties back tire.... you could just imagine what that would have been like with that shape of a tire....

There is a misconception that having a tube makes a structurally unsound tire safe. That is not the case. Without the tire holding it together the tube doesn't have even enough strength to maintain its air pressure. The tube would expand rapidly to where it had very low internal pressure, becoming essentially flat and be cut by the rim. That's assuming the tube doesn't get punctured by the road or cut up by the tire as it escapes.

There is a misconception that having a tube makes a structurally unsound tire safe. That is not the case. Without the tire holding it together the tube doesn't have even enough strength to maintain its air pressure. The tube would expand rapidly to where it had very low internal pressure, becoming essentially flat and be cut by the rim. That's assuming the tube doesn't get punctured by the road or cut up by the tire as it escapes.

Again I would not attempt it.... should have specified not for even the last 2 miles of the tires life.:rotf: I had slice in my tire on the Motorized bicycle and didn't see it till I tried to air up the tube and seen a big bubble out the sidewall. Don't know how it got there but I realize that is like apples to oranges thinner tire then our bikes but I am even suprised he got his bike home on that. It had to been rough riding even with our smooth ventures that ride like Mercury Grand Marquis his had to have felt more like a Cadilac...