IGNORED

Replacing Clutch

hunter 1500

Flying Fool, for some odd reason the clutches in the 2nd generation don't seem to hold up as well as the first generation clutch did, and towing a lot or as in my case converting to a trike seems to kill them faster.

Have you tried the PCW heavy duty clutch spring or stacking two clutch springs yet?? Earl, Skydoc_17 sells the PCW springs. I do agree with the Barnett setup as a better fix albeit more expensive! Also, did you replace the half area clutch disc with the optional Yamaha heavy duty full-size disc the last time??

Go with the Barnett spring set up. The problem is the spring, not the actual clutch plates/steels.

I was going through clutches every 30k miles or so until I put in the Barnett. Using the heavy duty springs, I have about 60k without any slippage. 156k miles on it now.

RR

Flying Fool, for some odd reason the clutches in the 2nd generation don't seem to hold up as well as the first generation clutch did, and towing a lot or as in my case converting to a trike seems to kill them faster.

Have you tried the PCW heavy duty clutch spring or stacking two clutch springs yet?? Earl, Skydoc_17 sells the PCW springs. I do agree with the Barnett setup as a better fix albeit more expensive! Also, did you replace the half area clutch disc with the optional Yamaha heavy duty full-size disc the last time??

I went with whatever came in Skydoc's kit. It only slips in the 3rd and 4th gear if I really getting on to it.