IGNORED

She runs and rides!

Drove home from the mechanic this morning. Runs good! A little rough at idle bit mech. says to run some good gas through before dropping a few hundred to do carbs.

Now I'm trying to figure out what order to hang the fairing in as I rebuild it. I'm waiting for the J-B Weld to set good on my radiator overflow tube

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Check the front brakes to make sure the fork seals aren't leaking. If they have leaked in the past, there may be some oil still on the pads. If so, you may be able to use some concentrated soap like Simple Green to clean the pads. I did that on my Kawasaki and it worked out fine.

No lowers on her yet bit I'm heading out. Headlight is funky. Off in neutral but stays on when riding. Doesn't know if it hi or lo beam. Temp gauge says hot but still just over halfway up the green. Just about 2/3 way to on gauge. Mechanic says to find new fuel pump relay cause this one works but rough condition. (He thinks it'll short on the wrong bump?)

Gas gauge is intermittent.

When I got my 83' the fuel gauge was on and off too (mostly off) this helped immensely...http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?33328-Information-Display-Repair

If soldering electronics makes you queasy then an electronics shop should be able to do it for you fairly inexpensively

When I got my 83' the fuel gauge was on and off too (mostly off) this helped immensely...http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?33328-Information-Display-Repair

If soldering electronics makes you queasy then an electronics shop should be able to do it for you fairly inexpensively

the other problem with our gas guages is the fact the sending unit is warped so you have to fix the blade the rubs on the resistor in the gas tank. I Did mine it worked just fine but now its on a shelf because I bought a new one on Ebay because well it was available and I had the money to get it...

Did 48 miles just now. This headlight thing is weird. Half light on high beam, solid low beam, most of the time. Sometimes it doesn't come at all but stays on when riding. Runs good with a slight miss at high rpms. Getting used to backward shifting with FOOT boards is dumb IMO.