IGNORED

Tool kit.

8 10 12 14 17 18 19 22. Mm wrenches needle nose pliers. Hand screw driver I have both regular and 8 dollar orange combo screwdriver from AutoZone safety vest. Zip ties snub nose dikes that cut at front instead of side...

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

What Snyper said plus:

3/8 ratchet with extension and the metric socket sizes he mentioned also with 18 mm OEM plug socket

8 mm deep socket for the bleeder valves

about 5" rubber hose to fit plug body

about 2' of 1/4" clear hose suitable for bleeding brakes and clutch

wrench to tighten head bearing

small bottle brake fluid

small basic first aid kit

Can't think of anything else at the moment. I know there are several fairly comprehensive list on here. Try doing a search.

Sooo, pull my utility trailer? Hahaha! About 25 pounds there!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

No, all of that except for the 2' of hose and brake fluid fits into the OEM toolkit which is about 5"x8". One other thing needed is a tire gauge. I got a nice one with a dial, a hose and screw on adapter for about $10 on eBay. My tire gauge won't fit inside the tool bag either but if you have one of those horrible pencil gauges then it should fit.

Well now we bringing up tire gauges being you have the standard venture with the air shrouds you may want to go get a tire pump from walmart the small pipe looking one with built in gauge I believe that will work with airing up our shocks, I got foot pump that I toss in there but I would rather have the smaller of the two. Just my :2cents:

Well now we bringing up tire gauges being you have the standard venture with the air shrouds you may want to go get a tire pump from walmart the small pipe looking one with built in gauge I believe that will work with airing up our shocks, I got foot pump that I toss in there but I would rather have the smaller of the two. Just my :2cents:
Well, no I meant a gauge for measuring tire pressure since I have the VR with CLASS.

Haha now that sounds good. :Cool_cool36:

Reminds me though, I also carry a plug kit, a bottle of Slime and a slime electric pump.

Well, no I meant a gauge for measuring tire pressure since I have the VR with CLASS.

Haha now that sounds good. :Cool_cool36:

Reminds me though, I also carry a plug kit, a bottle of Slime and a slime electric pump.

That guy going to think his joke is more and more looking like a reality... Tool trailer sounds like a phone project...

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

A lot of the volume of my dedicated saddle bag is taken up by a role of paper towels and TP, some cloth rags, window cleaning supplies, bottles of water, a fairly comprehensive first aid kit, quart of engine oil, a complete change of clothes (this has come in real handy when I arrived at a destination completely soaked to the skin in partly cloudy).

Some of this stems back to my younger days where I had a policy of never paying more than $50 for a "new" car. You should see the "emergency kit" that I keep in my truck because I have more room, it is over 200 lbs of stuff.......

I have never needed any of this for my bike, but it has been used on many other bikes.

One thing that occurred with my last trip was a replacement clutch lever as we had a bike fall over and broke a chrome Ventureline clutch lever on our first day out. Yamaha dealer had nothing, but a used bike place had a lever that would work with a slight modification to it. I believe it was a parts unlimited handle.

Without a clutch, it is hard to get the bike running. Luckly I was there with my VR and removed my handle and installed on my buddy's and was able to get it up to the garage where we were staying and then used it as a reference in looking for replacement..

Just a thought..

Rick F.

I've given some thought to tool kits.

Have come to the conclusion you can't prepare for every contingency.

So what I carry, is the standard tool kit that came with the bike, air pump with gauge, emergency battery charger (lithium), socket set, 12volt inflator. If I'm on a long trip in middle of nowhere, then more tools. On local freeways, less tools.

Right saddlebag is relegated to tools. Room left over goes to sneakers/liners, etc..

Most important things are credit card, insurance card and friends phone #'s along the way. In AZ, we also carry extra water, snack food and an emergency raincover/reflector/first aid kit. I don't carry tire changing...probably couldn't handle that anyway at my tender age!! I don't carry spare stators, tires, etc..

I do tend to trust my scoots maybe a bit to much. :beer: