IGNORED

Additional Driving Light...

Man I'll tell ya. With all the new technology in LED lights they are the way to go IMOP. I have a pair like this only without the cage around it. I gave about 30 bucks for a pair.
Me too, had them for a couple of years. You will notice there are two mounting bolts on the bottom which make them difficult to aim horizontally. Had to slot one of the holes to make it adjustable. There was a vendor on eBay that had the same lights but with one mounting bolt. On the gen 1 the horizontal adjustment can be made by mounting on the front curve of the engine crash guard.

Another thing to note, these lights are definitely not fog lamps and do not have a cutoff. The beam is almost a pencil flood and will light up 180 degrees which will blind oncoming vehicles. With a little care in aiming they work well.

Yea those were not the exact lights but they are similar mounting. These are them. Still listed as a "fog" lamp they work well. Mine are mounted down low by my feet. They had a function for low/high/flash you had to turn the lights on and off to get to function you wanted. I read up and a small dot of solder fixed that and permanently on high now. The clamp that goes around the bar has a set screw in it so you can adjust some left to right or what have you if need be. My issue on this bike as it was with the RSV is the clearance between the bars and the fiberglass leg fairings.

I had some aircraft landing lights years ago that put out a very wide beam and others didnt like. I took some aluminum tape like the use to wrap HVAC ducts and made a shield across the top of the bulb to limit upper light beam. Kind of like the WW2 black out covers.

Some of what I have discovered by trial and error.

1. for lighting up the sides of the road to see deer there is nothing better than dedicated fog lights.

2. there are a lot of lights that come as "driving" or "fog" or "wide angle", these are not the same as dedicated fog lights. Real fog lights will have a top cutoff so that they do not blind oncoming traffic, wide angle or driving lights do not have this cutoff and therefor are NOT what you want. Many of the lights made for off road have a round beam so that when you are going down a hill there is a lot of light up high to light the road going up the other side of the ditch, these will also blind other drivers not accomplish what you need for seeing critters to the side.

3. Real fog lights will do very little to light up things straight ahead they are designed to put most of their light out to the sides where the deer and other critters are going to come from.

There are a lot of good fog lights now available, just be sure it has the top cutoff and you will be good.

I went on Bay and got a bar (made in china) and a set of chromed plastic look alike hi way lamps with visors or eyebrows (made in china).Similar to this set up http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-Motorcycle-Driving-Passing-Spotlight-Light-Bar-Turn-Signals-Cruiser-/321755798151?hash=item4aea23da87:g:LDgAAOSwwvZZR~Bb&vxp=mtr

I pulled the bulbs and replaced with L.E.D.S, I aimed the R/H lamp to the right so it hits the brush about 25-35 yards ahead of me, then aimed the L/H lamp to fill in just under the headlamp ( that darker area btycomparison) It works well for me and I think the whole set up cost less than $50.

As far as the quality goes. I've got a couple of HECHE CHINA parts and some HIGH DOLLAR US chrome on the bike. I'll say this the China stuff still looks good. The 2 year old polished USA stuff is already pitting and discoloring even with washing and waxing twice a month.

I am going to add one thing here no matter what kind of driving lights you go with, If you go with LED lighting you may want to consider changing out your headlight because it will look light you lit one of them old time latern head lamps on a Horse and Carriage. IMHO

My Victory has 2 bulbs, one hi and one low. Both are the same number like H-11. So I have a Sylvania Super Ultra or something in the high beam running with a modulator. I did have the same ultra whatever in the low beam, twice and they only lasted a matter of weeks like maybe 8 or so at the most. So I went back to the next one down. One with the question/story. So I have an HID kit I have been thinking about installing so it runs on the low beam. Would folks even see the modulated hi beam anymore?

I'm pondering hanging a pair of whatever I settle on lights from below the fairing joint, in front of the long narrow air duct and just outside the forks? There is steel reinforcement that could be beefed up if needed. What do you think?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If you want some serious illumination... this is my setup. Replaced the headlight with a pair of Rigid LED spots as seen in this post

Mounted a set of Rigid LED Floods as shown here in post 32. Fabricated the custom brackets for the lights and horn out of aluminum bar stock then polished.

Legal? No, but after careful adjustment the oncoming traffic has stopped flashing me!!!

Stan, interesting modification you made!! Like that.

I remember morning drives into the station. Especially in the winter after a snow...I would be on the road before the plows! Side benefit, the donuts i picked up on the way were really fresh!

Loved morning drive shift. Good memories!