IGNORED

Pray for the USA

RandyR

When I was on vacation in Wyoming last summer, I was told by an old guy who ran a western clothing store that in Wyoming, a permit was not needed to concealed carry or open carry. I suppose they don't have any ghettos in Wyoming.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was on vacation in Wyoming last summer, I was told by an old guy who ran a western clothing store that in Wyoming, a permit was not needed to concealed carry or open carry. I suppose they don't have any ghettos in Wyoming.

I go to WY for no reason, at least a couple times a year. It's great. Headed south from Newcastle to Lusk just last month, it's simply amazing. There is not a lot of ghetto action in WY that I have seen. There are less ppl/sq mile in WY than any of the other lower 48 states. There are less people to fleece with absurd stupid laws, like requiring a paid permit to invoke a constitutionally guaranteed right.

We've gone well past crafting laws in the interest of public safety and gone off the deep end of power grabs/money grabs. A state with minimal gov intrusion into the lives of it's citizens, I LOVE that! So while I absolutely hate to hear about a gun being used as a weapon against anyone, I was a touch less upset about this shooting than the ones involving grade schools and workplaces filled with innocent folks.

several years ago,I had decided that I had had enough of guns and killing,after getting out of the Marine Corps,so one evening while at a store,I was confronted by 3 punks,who wanted a light and maybe my New bike,Hmmmm,what to do now,luckily a Security Guard witnessed the confrontation and called the Cops,everything turned out OK,but I then went out and got my CCW-and bought a gun,have been carrying ever since,most of the time I open carry now,just to many strange people around,I still believe that an armed society is a polite society,it`s to bad but that`s what all this Negative nonsense is doing to our Great Country.

Same here in WV. We use to have a CCP but that law was eliminated a couple years ago. Now residents can and do carry concealed and open without a permit but most do get the CCP anyhow.

Many years ago a bunch of folks got tired of having their hard earned money taken from them thru taxation by a pompus and arrogant form of Government that ruled over them with an iron fist. They also got tired of being told how/when and where they would be allowed to worship the Lord who created the very planet on which they lived. Back then a guy named "Sherri" wearing a funny looking hat, displaying a badge and carrying a gun would show up at peoples homes and demand tax payment. If the people refused to give Sherri what he demanded, he showed the people who lived in the home a piece of paper written by a few people of the arrogant Government that said "Sherri can come into your home and take what ever he wants and you cant stop him because he has a gun and you don't". To most people who were not part of the those getting to share in the wealth derived from this form of taxation, the need to flee the horrible situation was obvious. A group of religious people who were not on the receiving end of the wealth distribution derived from the taxation came up with a plan to do just that.

Those folks took their families and belongings, including some muskets and squirrel guns that the arrogant Government didn't know they had, and hopped on a boat and headed for a new land they had heard about and set out to form a new way of life. Filled with dreams of freedom from oppressive taxation and hopes of being able work hard, make a good living and keep the money they earned to better their own lives and to worship their Lord openly as described in the Good Book, they arrived on the shores of their new homeland and set about the hard task of surviving and creating a new way of life.

When those folks finally settled in and began the process of producing things like squirrel guns of their own and pots and pans and stuff to make their lives survivable, the Government from which they had fled showed up and inquired about still being able to collect tax dollars from the people who had fled. The people told the arrogant Government that they had some ideas of their own for a whole new set of rules that did not include being ruled by a small group of people just because they held power over the majority of the people because they had guns - then, because every home had numerous squirrel guns, the people who had moved away pulled the guns they had manufactured from over their fireplaces, out of their barns, in their closets, fruit cellars and even their churches and showed them to the arrogant Government people. Because the free people of the new land were showing their guns to the arrogant Government with a real good view of the end of the squirrel guns where the lead comes flying out when the trigger is pulled - the arrogant Government knew the people were not going to hand over any tax dollars and were not going to allow Sherri into their new homes to help himself either.

A small battle took place with the arrogant Government soldiers carrying their modern day guns built in Government factories back in the land where the people of this new homeland had fled being chased around by the people who did the original fleeing with their squirrel guns hiding behind big oak trees and bales of hay shooting at them and screaming GO HOME AND GET OFF OUR LAND (there is a song about this still sung in the new world today of which many of the people in new world have memorized - a copy of this song can be found below for your enjoyment). It seemed that the people that had come up with the idea to no longer allow Sherri into their homes just because he had a gun and permission from the arrogant Government did mean business when they showed their squirrel guns barrel end first because when the skirmish ended the arrogant Government was last seen headed back to their island aboard their ships with a sign flying overhead that said "we lost - dont mess with those people - they will defend themselves and their newly found freedom with their home made squirrel guns and hurt you real bad if you try to take the freedom away from them or change their way of life".

People of the new land jumped up and down with joy because of their victory in winning their Independence from the pompus and arrogant Government who, for some reason, thought they could take better care of the people than the people could take care of doing it themselves. Their joy and happiness was fairly short lived though as they sat down to write the new laws by which they would live. When writing those new laws they soon realized that the idea of common men governing and taking care of themselves and the freedoms afforded by such an idea would forever be challenged by groups of arrogant and pompus Governments across the planet. They also realized that the new land and Government which they were creating was one of a kind and could never be recreated so they knew what they were about to put on paper had be spelled out in exact language so even the most evil of people named Sherri and arrogant, pompus Governments across the planet that God had created could easily understand their sincerity. After creating the new rules by which they would live, they chose the day of July 4th to celebrate their Independence so no one would ever forget what they had been thru to aquire the new freedom and then they created a flag - now known as Old Glory - to be flown by anyone choosing to acknowledge that they too choose this new way of life on that new land.

As time moved forward it turned out that these founders of the new world were correct in their thoughts and ideas. It seems that many times since that day people with ideas like Sherri and the arrogant Government that got defeated by a bunch of men, women and children with squirrel guns have attempted to change the new world back into the old but thus far they have been fairly unsuccessful. Many attempts have been made, including ideas like trying to trick the people of the new world into laying down those nasty squirrel guns and to trust Sherri to do the defending of their freedom if necessary - an idea that sounds good on paper but those people in the new world, because of the continuing 4th of July celebrations and the flying of Old Glory, have not forgotten what happens when Sherri is the only one with a squirrel gun.

The end,,, well not quite:

It may be noted that, as is very common with people who squabble - the people of the new world have become very best friends with the arrogant Government that they chased off their new homeland years ago. To this day, because of earned respect and agreeing to not attempt to change either others ways of life thru trickery or dishonesty - those two once enemies have gone on to defend each others way of life and to form a lasting bastion of iron to protect each other from even worst forms of Governments and peoples who would rather see the two of them dead then alive.

Edited by cowpuc

Well said Puc. Just this week down here in the South we had two prisoners overpower two guards, take their guns and kill them. They were caught by a homeowner while trying to steal his car. Proof that a good guy (homeowner) with a gun protecting his property stopped what could've been a long crime spree. Our country needs help to curb crime but it goes to show you our forefathers knew what they were doing. I have great respect for law enforcement but they can't be everywhere.

The founding fathers had a purpose at the time to enshrine an armed population in the constitution. There was no money to sustain a standing army and it was necessary to call up militias to defend the country.

It seems to me that the current situation in the USA is appalling and is only likely to get worse if nothing is done and the status quo is maintained. I hope you all realize there are more Americans killed per year, around 13,000, than were killed per year during the Vietnam war, about 58,000 over approximately 20 years.

Braying about defending constitutional rights while sticking your head in the sand and allowing individuals who are not responsible or are criminal to equally access firearms is truly lame. Gun control is not the same as gun banning and is a sensible compromise that can be attained by reasonable people who are willing to discuss it. Even in the "Old West" gun control was practiced out of necessity.

I am trying very hard to let this thread come to a conclusion. Those who think that it has not been political have a different definition of political than I do. I probably shouldn't have deleted it already but it has remained civil enough so far.

We have few rules here folks. It's not too much to ask that they be followed.

The founding fathers had a purpose at the time to enshrine an armed population in the constitution. There was no money to sustain a standing army and it was necessary to call up militias to defend the country.

I agree with the above, but the rest, although I agree with your sentiments to a certain extent, have to say that because of the U.S. Constitution and it's Amendments, it is the law of the land so to speak. Until enough Legislators and the public are in a majority to repeal or change the Amendments it is what it is.

As much as I agree with your opinion on what is necessary in the U.S.A., with you and I being Canadian, it isn't up to us to tell them how to "fix" things.

For example...health insurance and medical coverage in the U.S. and Canada are very different in application. They don't tell us that our system is wrong and we need to go to their type of system, because they disagree our tax dollars funding the system. (this way people who earn the most contribute to support the lower income earners to an equal level of medical care, not a two tiered system).

Disagreeing with "that" Amendment as you and I both do, I do not have a problem with Americans defending their Constitution and Amendments. Majority rules so to speak and to debate how access increases the number of murders and violence isn't going to go anywhere. Just as them telling us to change our Constitution and Charter protecting the French language won't make traction with us.

I'm sure the moderators are keeping an eye on this thread so stay away from "gun control" discussions and we might be okay to continue. The issue from the OP is really about the violence and senseless killings. Not the manner in which they are committed. The stats I posted earlier were homicides by all means. Keep it to that.

I agree with the above, but the rest, although I agree with your sentiments to a certain extent, have to say that because of the U.S. Constitution and it's Amendments, it is the law of the land so to speak. Until enough Legislators and the public are in a majority to repeal or change the Amendments it is what it is.

As much as I agree with your opinion on what is necessary in the U.S.A., with you and I being Canadian, it isn't up to us to tell them how to "fix" things.

For example...health insurance and medical coverage in the U.S. and Canada are very different in application. They don't tell us that our system is wrong and we need to go to their type of system, because they disagree our tax dollars funding the system. (this way people who earn the most contribute to support the lower income earners to an equal level of medical care, not a two tiered system).

Disagreeing with "that" Amendment as you and I both do, I do not have a problem with Americans defending their Constitution and Amendments. Majority rules so to speak and to debate how access increases the number of murders and violence isn't going to go anywhere. Just as them telling us to change our Constitution and Charter protecting the French language won't make traction with us.

I'm sure the moderators are keeping an eye on this thread so stay away from "gun control" discussions and we might be okay to continue. The issue from the OP is really about the violence and senseless killings. Not the manner in which they are committed. The stats I posted earlier were homicides by all means. Keep it to that.

I think there is great wisdom in what is said here - let us folks of the U.S. figure out what we are gonna do - frankly, THATS the way it should be..

I do however see wholesomeness in what Camos is saying too.. Letting bad guys run rampant aint a good thing - there are ways for us to have our cake and eat it too IMHO.

I have personally been back ground checked many many times over in my life - I subbed as a teacher in our local school system a few years ago - WHAT A HOOT - 8th grade english = OUCH,, 4th graders - YAAA HOOO = background check MANDITORY as it should be. Of course gun ownership.. Then Tip and I chose to get "Enhanced Drivers Licenses" in lieu of doing the pass port thing to travel in and out of Canada (which we LOVE to do by the way - the Canadian people and their chosen way of life make the BEST neighbors possible IMHO - different but very complimentary of our own way of life and fun to visit).

Something occurred to me a long time ago - back when I first got this Enhanced D.L.. Why do we, as Citizens of the U.S. need to have duplicate back ground checks done over and over.. Why dont we have a complete background check done anytime a Drivers License is issued and have all D.L.'s be "Enhanced"? Our D.L.'s could then serve the entire spectrum of allowing us to drive cars (considered a weapon of mass destruction by many), purchase firearms, cross borders with neighboring countries and so on = all with our D.L.. Another point,, why do we need a ruling class per say? Seems like "we the people" could electronically decide our destiny easier today than we ever could - open Congressional sessions with the ability for all U.S. Citizens to log in any time and cast their votes = at a minimum, have the Congressional voting streamed with open feedback displayed to them on how their constituents instruct their Reps to vote..

IMHO = LOTS can be done to change the way things have become, to return our way of life back to its rightful owners "we the people" and regain a sense of sanity.. After taking a few minutes and following some of the news about the shooting that the OP was referring to - one can only hope and pray that those changes take place sooner rather than later..

It seems to me that the current situation in the USA is appalling and is only likely to get worse if nothing is done and the status quo is maintained. I hope you all realize there are more Americans killed per year, around 13,000, than were killed per year during the Vietnam war, about 58,000 over approximately 20 years.

Braying about defending constitutional rights while sticking your head in the sand and allowing individuals who are not responsible or are criminal to equally access firearms is truly lame. Gun control is not the same as gun banning and is a sensible compromise that can be attained by reasonable people who are willing to discuss it. Even in the "Old West" gun control was practiced out of necessity.

Hey Camos - PLEASE dont take offense to this,, I KNOW it probably dont sound correct but - from my perspective as a U.S. Citizen = when you mention "gun control" to a person like me - you are simply saying "practicing with your firearm enough to hit a 2 inch bullseye consistently from 200 yards".. :big-grin-emoticon:

... Why do we, as Citizens of the U.S. need to have duplicate back ground checks done over and over.. Why dont we have a complete background check done anytime a Drivers License is issued and have all D.L.'s be "Enhanced"? Our D.L.'s could then serve the entire spectrum of allowing us to drive cars (considered a weapon of mass destruction by many), purchase firearms, cross borders with neighboring countries and so on = all with our D.L.. .....

Some would feel that it was an invasion of privacy of the State. Consider some States people don't show their ID to vote (so I heard).

...Another point,, why do we need a ruling class per say? Seems like "we the people" could electronically decide our destiny easier today than we ever could - open Congressional sessions with the ability for all U.S. Citizens to log in any time and cast their votes = at a minimum, have the Congressional voting streamed with open feedback displayed to them on how their constituents instruct their Reps to vote.. .....

Concern is security. If the "bad guys" can hack into corporations, even the Pentagon...talk about rigging an election !

Your Legislatures are supposed to vote based on their constituents....no, wait....vote with their conscience...no that's not it....vote the way their Party tells them to? Oh....and don't forget the special interests groups (lobby groups) and people and corporations that "contribute" to their elections and line their pockets. You want to put the "ruling class" (who usually are NOT representative of the majority of people they represent and "serve") out of a job and/or reduce their incomes?

....... one can only hope and pray that those changes take place sooner rather than later..

Won't happen. Those in power to change the way things are done don't want to make changes to improve the lives of the people they represent but are self interested in making their own lives better.

Some would feel that it was an invasion of privacy of the State. Consider some States people don't show their ID to vote (so I heard).

Concern is security. If the "bad guys" can hack into corporations, even the Pentagon...talk about rigging an election !

Your Legislatures are supposed to vote based on their constituents....no, wait....vote with their conscience...no that's not it....vote the way their Party tells them to? Oh....and don't forget the special interests groups (lobby groups) and people and corporations that "contribute" to their elections and line their pockets. You want to put the "ruling class" (who usually are NOT representative of the majority of people they represent and "serve") out of a job and/or reduce their incomes?

Won't happen. Those in power to change the way things are done don't want to make changes to improve the lives of the people they represent but are self interested in making their own lives better.

You hit the nail on the head on this one. That is exactly why there should be a term limit of 4 years on all elected officials from the ground up.

Some would feel that it was an invasion of privacy of the State. Consider some States people don't show their ID to vote (so I heard)

We have had war declared on us and have been invaded.. Sad as it may seem, the time to locate the enemy and discharge him from our homeland is upon us. Asking our citizens to identify themselves and vistors to our country to do the same so the bad guys can be identified may be necessary. Just like your homeland - during all previous wars, things were done that had to be done to sustain our way of life - perhaps this time, something like that mentioned will be necessary to clear out the bad guys.

Your Legislatures are supposed to vote based on their constituents....no, wait....vote with their conscience...no that's not it....vote the way their Party tells them to? Oh....and don't forget the special interests groups (lobby groups) and people and corporations that "contribute" to their elections and line their pockets. You want to put the "ruling class" (who usually are NOT representative of the majority of people they represent and "serve") out of a job and/or reduce their incomes?Suppose to vote the way they promised the people that elected them into office got promised they would vote LOL.

Yep,, out of a job/reduce their incomes to the point that living more than a couple years on said "income" would not be fun.. Matter of fact,, completely making lobbist or corporate contributions illegal sounds more like the U.S. I would like to see.. Maybe an all Volunteer Government (sort of like our Military) with their Health Insurance being the same as our Military would be best. Reguiring all our leaders to have to have their health needs met by the V.A. just like any of our service people would be great IMHO = things in that arena would come around pretty quickly if that were the case..

and there's the rub,, they certainly are not gonna make those changes without force of some sort.. May sound crazy but remember the discussion a bit ago about guns and the need of people to have them? We in the States have noticed some pretty interesting things here.. There may be evidence that, like days past,, the ruling class still does not appreciate the idea of the common man having access to squirrel guns..

A while back we had a leader or two who tried with all their might to get rid of our 2nd Amendment = the right to keep n bear arms.. Shortly after realizing that was gonna be more difficult that appeared - "we the people" started noticing the ammo supply to use in the arms we have the right to house disappearing from our store shelves. Literally, ammo shelves starting appearing as consistently empty.. Because we are also a supply and demand (market based) society - prices for that stuff SKY ROCKETED! Little boxes of "22" shells that I used to pay .45 cents for now sold for over 7 dollars a box!! Obviously, those tricky buggers who were suppose to be protecting our way of life found another way of tossing a wrench in the system.. We, as a nation, are still healing from that one BUT - we are strong and we will find our way..

Letting bad guys run rampant aint a good thing - there are ways for us to have our cake and eat it too IMHO.

That is exactly the point I was trying to make. Gun control itself should not be considered political however and, most unfortunately, it appears that "Gun Control" has become politically partisan for some reason. There has to be some sensible approach that can be taken by citizens with common sense that will help mitigate and reduce access to firearms for the obviously irresponsible or otherwise unsuitable citizens across the country.

Here in Canada we have our own problems with the control of firearms. For decades we had a fairly unobtrusive system that vetted the ownership of firearms quite well but was not adequately connected between Provinces and the various law enforcement agencies. Then someone, probably a politician, came up with the really dumb idea of a long gun registry that was too intrusive, too expensive and no more useful than the system it was replacing. Thankfully we got rid of it.

It never was my intention to tell anyone how to run their country, just pointing out that the status quo was untenable and the situation was obviously getting worse. I offered no solution to the dilemma other than that some thought be given to coming up with a viable alternative. I don't think there should be an issue with reasonable citizens having access to firearms if they know how to use them and know how to store them safely. Something obviously needs to be done about "unreasonable" citizen access though.

Food for thought.

I was the OP and another discussion/debate on gun control wasn't what I had in mind when I started this with the statement

"The polarization being created in the US disturbs me deeply."

What I was alluding to, and probably should have been clearer, is my belief that many in the media and in politics have come to depend on slander, insinuation, and demonizing of others. There are big money interests who hire life-long professionals whose job it is to win at any cost. And if one doesn't have a compelling story then just change the focus from the issues that matter to issues that can get everyone fighting.

There are politicians on all sides of the issues that use those tactics. imo

I could ramble on. If Don wants to delete this thread, then I understand. If I was forum moderator I probably would have already.

I was the OP and another discussion/debate on gun control wasn't what I had in mind when I started this with the statement

"The polarization being created in the US disturbs me deeply."

What I was alluding to, and probably should have been clearer, is my belief that many in the media and in politics have come to depend on slander, insinuation, and demonizing of others. There are big money interests who hire life-long professionals whose job it is to win at any cost. And if one doesn't have a compelling story then just change the focus from the issues that matter to issues that can get everyone fighting.

There are politicians on all sides of the issues that use those tactics. imo

I could ramble on. If Don wants to delete this thread, then I understand. If I was forum moderator I probably would have already.

I'd hope the thread doesn't get shut down. There weren't really comments about controlling guns...and now that you've clarified your intent, hopefully we can get back on track. Been a good discussion though.

Politicians tell the voters what they want to hear, even if they have no intentions of following thru on their promises. When you consider they are one voice, and bills get watered down to meet the lowest common denominator to get them passed.

As for media...depends on which channel you use. They tend to slant the news based on who the channel supports rather than a fair presentation of the facts. I've given up on watching CNN (especially when there is a catastrophy because they report as fact things that are only rumours, far too early pronouncing things without any evidence being available.

And you are right, special interest groups have to much say in what gets passed. Limits on how long someone can "serve the people" might just spread the wealth to the next representative but would hopefully lessen the influence of big business and others, and put the power back to the people.

Keep the talk politicians in general, not pro or con against any one party. Lets get away from talking about guns, murders, etc and focus on how you see the media responses and a general discussion of the state of politics and the country.

Hope this isn't classed as Political it's not meant to be.... What I don't like & it's happening here too, Politicians of all colours, seem no longer to tell people what THEY will do for them, but rather spend more time doing down their opponents by muck raking, trying to make them look bad, name calling etc. I really wish that they could come clean tell me what they intend to do for their electorate & then more to the point if elected do it, not suddenly decide after promising something that "oh! dear we can't or won't now do that"

I whole heartedly agree one does not constitute a trained Militia.

I've always thought that the second amendment was there to protect the people from a tyrannical government. The first thing tyrants do is confiscate the citizens guns.

Most of the gun related murders in the USA seem to be occurring in the ghettos of the larger cities by gangs fighting for drug sale turf. Chicago, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Miami for example. The city leaders don't seem to care enough to stop it. Chicago has very strict gun laws and they are the murder captital of the USA. But if the gun laws aren't enforced, it doesn't matter. When I was working in Homestead FL, I was watching the local news one night when they interviewed a Miami policeman and if I remember correctly he said there were 58 gangs in Miami composed of people who came from south of our border. He said they were used to gang life where they came from and they brought it to Miami. I'm not sure what the answer is but until there is an answer, I'm carrying.

Edited by BlueSky

Wow I really have been to heck and back this past couple of weeks, Not much interested in the news. But I would have thought I would have heard someone talking about it. Anyways I hope everyone is ok and recovering and they caught the guy I hope.

Wow I really have been to heck and back this past couple of weeks, Not much interested in the news. But I would have thought I would have heard someone talking about it. Anyways I hope everyone is ok and recovering and they caught the guy I hope.

Sick? What ever it is = Prayers Up for you brother!! Yea,, they nailed the guy who did the shootin - ended up taking him out from what I have heard.. Apparently one of the victims is still in critical shape, took a round thru the hip,, definitely not good!! THANK GOD one of the Congressmen had Police protection/Secret Service there or it would of/could have been a massacre cause they were cornered in a dug out on the baseball field..

IMHO, starting to get the feel of the 60's when they killed JFK, Bobby and Martin!!:95:

Sick? What ever it is = Prayers Up for you brother!! Yea,, they nailed the guy who did the shootin - ended up taking him out from what I have heard.. Apparently one of the victims is still in critical shape, took a round thru the hip,, definitely not good!! THANK GOD one of the Congressmen had Police protection/Secret Service there or it would of/could have been a massacre cause they were cornered in a dug out on the baseball field..

IMHO, starting to get the feel of the 60's when they killed JFK, Bobby and Martin!!:95:

Still don't but have my suspicions... Today I chased the front wheel on tinker, chased the front wheel on PJ, took kids to the YMCA. All around good day today hopefully they continue got mcompton coming here tomorrow so we can do some diagnostics on his beautiful blue 87? I just pray whatever it was never comes back. It was pure terror then ER doc telling me to continue on meds that I thought may have caused my problem. Mom asked ER doc at mercy for print up on my medication ended up with 256 pages and at least 50 pages with studies of side effects. Some of which I was experiencing. But as I said for now I will not count my chickens just yet till I know for 100% sure. I have been going back and forth so we will see... Hopefully the one pulls thru and maybe tomorrow I can get caught up on what's new tab.. And @cowpuc I'm sending prayers back your way for good health and 🌞 and 🌈... Have fun with that Kenda I really like my Kenda Kruz.. Love the tread on them. Prayers out to those effected and for the guy that got the worse of it. Hopefully he heals.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

In Canada we see our "treasured part" to be things like universal health care, our Bill of Rights, Charter of Rights and Freedoms, Federal pension plan....to name a few. We see our government, military, police, and our intelligence agencies as our protection against foreign and domestic attack. Our multi-cultural nation with openness to accept people and cultures from anywhere in the world. Access to our government and representatives (our Prime Minister has been known to go for a walk at our Parliament and greet visitors). Our protection of the French language in Quebec is entrenched in our constitution (even though the British defeated the French in Canada in 1759). Women were able to vote federally in 1916 (1920 in the U.S.). Slavery was abolished in 1834 (by the British Parliament and applied to British colonies of which Canada was until 1867).

And yes, we are not perfect...and we apologize for that (Canadians are known for their politeness). But since this was about what is "treasured"...I'll leave it at that.

and for all this we get to pay outrageous high taxes, fuel and hydro bills not to mention any other tax our government can invent. Universal health care and charter of rights and freedoms dwindling and our pension plan is a joke since refugees and immigrants get better looked after than people who spent their lives working and building this country with possible poverty as their reward. Don't get me wrong I am all for immigration, my parents were immigrants but they earned their keep became Canadian citizens and assimilated to this country's way of life, they did not come to this country expecting a free hand out, and and try to change the way of the Canadian people and abolish age old customs and celebrations, just to try to make it like their old country. I have many friends from many country's and back grounds and I believe in the freedom of practicing your own customs and religious or non-religious beliefs but not to the point were it infringes or interferes upon exiting customs or traditions. Many of these things actually help to fuel racism more than curb or hinder it because though most of us in Canada love that we have a diverse nation, and would love to live in harmony with all comers to this country, how it is accomplished matters greatly. It would be a shame if our country turned into a situation like Holland or even England which is slowly loosing its identity were being proud and flying your own country's flag is almost becoming a criminal offense. Edited by saddlebum

and for all this we get to pay outrageous high taxes, fuel and hydro bills not to mention any other tax our government can invent. Universal health care and charter of rights and freedoms dwindling and our pension plan is a joke since refugees and immigrants get better looked after than people who spent their lives working and building this country with possible poverty as their reward. Don't get me wrong I am all for immigration, my parents were immigrants but they earned their keep became Canadian citizens and assimilated to this country's way of life, they did not come to this country expecting a free hand out, and and try to change the way of the Canadian people and abolish age old customs and celebrations, just to try to make it like their old country. I have many friends from many country's and back grounds and I believe in the freedom of practicing your own customs and religious or non-religious beliefs but not to the point were it infringes or interferes upon exiting customs or traditions. Many of these things actually help to fuel racism more than curb or hinder it because though most of us in Canada love that we have a diverse nation, and would love to live in harmony with all comers to this country, how it is accomplished matters greatly. It would be a shame if our country turned into a situation like Holland or even England which is slowly loosing its identity were being proud and flying your own country's flag is almost becoming a criminal offense.

Um sounds close to home. . . . .

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk