IGNORED

I need help with weed.

stardbog

Not That one you are thinking :whistling::whistling:

I Need help to get rid of this weed. Last year was just a small patch, but this spring is taking over lawn, They blom purple.

Landscaping companies asking arm and leg for 4 applications

Thanks

PRODUCT NAME:kills-all

same formula as "round up", just as effective, about HALF the price.

may have to treat it two times.

i have the same thing, down here, only different color bloom. we call it "dollar weed".

works for me

just jt

Read this the other day but haven't got to try it out yet.

NATURAL WEED KILLER

Instead of buying expensive weed killer, use ordinary white vinegar. Put vinegar in a spray bottle and spray away. Weeds will die within 3-5 days. Safer than commercial weed killer for pets and children's safety. It's non-toxic.

There are also some recipes that call for salt, dish detergent, and vinegar. But they say to not use it where you want something else to grow because of the salt. Hope this helps.:bighug:

Give it a beer or vodka.

1. Kill Weeds

Put about 30ml of vodka, a cup of plain water and a few drops of liquid dish soap and mix the solution together. Put the solution into a spray bottle. Just spray onto the weeds in your garden or yard when there is sunlight. This is important so that the solution can react in the heat of the sun to kill off the weeds.

Dan, that looks like "Creeping Charlie" (not the fisherman) to me. I've had good luck with "Kill-Ex". It contains 24D I believe. It takes care of most broad leaf weeds including dandelions and plantain but won't kill your grass. The hardware store where I buy this also carries their own brand of the same stuff and it's a couple of $ cheaper and works just as good.

Killex...roundup...24D ... ain't you guys aware that those things are contributing to the degradation of the environment....

In fact, they've pretty much banned the use of the stuff around here.

Now lookie here.... me... an environmental activist... :think:

:sign just kidding:

You'll not get all the roots, so it will come back, weed killers will only get some of it, temporarily, so now that you have it, you are stuck with it, I've tried everything for 20 years years now and still have patches where there is no grass. Best solution: grow grass, lots of grass, and it will out grow this pain in the butt and keep it down, but when you have a bare patch, it fills in real quick and keeps things green.

Thanks guys, As Buddy's link said, Best way is to dig ground, and get rid of roots, I'll probably going to buy one of those roofers torches, and burn'em all,

Forget about digging Dan. Those roots go forever. Call a professional and pay them. I'm not a fan of going to the local hardware store and buying anything that purports to killing everything or most everything. That reminds me too much of Agent Orange and that wasn't too good for us.

Oh yeah, it's creeping charlie.

Chuck

I have that crap in my yard. It is tough to get rid of. The thing that works best that I have found is Trimec turf herbicide. Spray it in September before things go dormant. At that point you make the plant sick and it can't winter over. Also takes the dandelions and clover. I like to hit it with Trimec, then in a week or so fertilize and overseed. The Trimec does not take grass. If you spray with Round-up everything is gone so you have to start over. I use a wheel drive sprayer with squeeze pumps for the large areas and a pump hand sprayer for the rest. If you need particulars you can pm me. Here is a link.

http://pbigordon.com/professional/page.php?id=303

Read this the other day but haven't got to try it out yet.

NATURAL WEED KILLER

Instead of buying expensive weed killer, use ordinary white vinegar. Put vinegar in a spray bottle and spray away. Weeds will die within 3-5 days. Safer than commercial weed killer for pets and children's safety. It's non-toxic.

There are also some recipes that call for salt, dish detergent, and vinegar. But they say to not use it where you want something else to grow because of the salt. Hope this helps.:bighug:

Adding dishsoap to the vinegar will make the vinegar stick to the plant but will not prevent growth of new plants... Salt will

I am gonna try the vinegar idea

My dad used to take a roofer's torch and burn the entire lawn every fall just before things went dormant. We just sprayed the perimeter heavily with a garden hose just before we started to keep it contained, then kept the hose on just in case it got loose (living in a desert makes playing with fire a bit more unnerving). That took care of just about every kind of weed we ever had.

I have had pretty good luck with Ortho weed-be-gone; but that is with a wild shrub of somekind .

Other than that all i can offer is this. I have always been told that the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.................:whistling: