IGNORED

Need help with wiring new clutch and brake switch 87 venture

Coz1one

I have a 87 venture and I am upgrading my break and clutch Controls . But the new set has two wires and the old set has four can anybody help me with the wiring diagram? And I am illuminating the cruise control so those wires doesn't matter

Looking at the wiring diagram that MiCarl supplied. You will see that there are 3 switches labeled for the Clutch, front brake, and rear break. They are connected to the signalling fuse by a Br (brown) wire and are in series with each other and supply voltage to the cruise vacuum pump and the cruise control unit. Also in series with the above 3 switches is the cancel cruise switch on the right handle bar control assemble. It appears if any one of these switches is activated, the connection to power is broken and the cruise disengages and then would have the resume light come on.

I would turn on power and make sure that the fuse is passing power and that it is seated tight in the fuse block. The fuse block has been know to loose it tension on the fuses over time. It is one of the items that a lot of use have replaced. Next see if you get it at the connector to the cruise controller and the cruise vacuum pump. If no power then start working your way to the fuse.

Hope this helps and let us know how it is going for you..

Rick F.

• 1 month later...

How did this work out? In using a new brake MC and it has only brake light switch which is only 2 wires. Mine is not a Royale so no other wires to worry about just the low level brake fluid sensor.

So after looking at the schematic link, I went out and turn the key. Going thru its pre start test the brake light stayed lit up. Stripped back the wires and joined them together. Fixed.

Edited by Not That Guy
Tried it