IGNORED

When does the snow start?

SilvrT

Guys and gals, I'm looking for info regarding fall / winter weather conditions in Eastern USA.

When does it usually start snowing in the following states....

Maine

Vermont

New Hampshire

New York

Pennsylvania

Ohio

Maryland

Virginia

Kentucky

Tennessee

Carolinas

Needing to get some idea as to when to start heading south to Florida from Eastern Canada this fall so that we miss any inclement weather.

I'm thinking we'd probably be ok if we departed New Brunswick, Canada, crossing into Maine around the beginning of October and worked our way south via most of those states, staying away from the coast and the larger cities. Plan to arrive in Florida destination near end of Oct.

We usually go up to NC the second sometimes the 3rd week in October, over Highlands, Franklin area. Gets cool but so far we aint been snowed on. Where you thinking your going to end up in Fla ?

I worked a 6 month job in VA about 45 miles northwest of Richmond with the job ending at the end of the year. It snowed 9" just before Christmas.

In NC, it all depends. Mountains on one end and ocean on the other. I live in Wilmington on the southeast coast and snow is a very rare event. It's warm enough here that we have alligators in the swamps, about as far north as alligators can survive. On the west end of the state, of course it's a different story. But the ski resorts have to make their own snow usually.

In Western New York (Not in the NYC area) it generally starts in mid-November but it is not totally unheard of to see snow as early as September but that is very rare. Snow is usually gone by the end of March but it has snowed as late as May, and I even remember once seeing snow in June, but it didn't last...