IGNORED

What are they???

Condor

I think that there have been a handful of different manufacturers of that type minibike over the years. Manco was one. They made all kinds of minibikes including some big tired models similar to that.

This was referred to as a Manco Big Cat adult sized minibike.

fmanco_big_cat_adult_sized_mini_bike_like_55584a795e8f3.jpg

I think that there have been a handful of different manufacturers of that type minibike over the years. Manco was one. They made all kinds of minibikes including some big tired models similar to that.

This was referred to as a Manco Big Cat adult sized minibike.

They do look similar except for the rear tire on the dirty one. I don't think you'd need a side stand the tires are so wide... They are both coming up for auction in 2 weeks. Maybe the auctioneer will have a better idea... That second one looks like it had been stowed under wrap and in decent condition.. Looks like it could be registered for street use...

Ran across these two scoots and wondered if anyone might recognize them?? Especially the one with that huge rear tire. I know they're hunting rigs, but they might be fun to toodle around on...

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/norcal-s3/TempUpload/d85d2e99/e0c437ba.jpg

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/norcal-s3/TempUpload/d85d2e99/3e2b25e7.jpg

I would like one of those to put on the back of the motor home to buzz around the parks.

Or better yet, find a used Honda Fat Cat. They only made them for a couple of years but they are great little bikes. 200cc. I bought one a few years ago for $800.00. Wish I hadn't sold it. Found it sitting in front of a small business about 2 miles from the house. It was red and white and very nice condition. There is one on Ebay now, blue and white, they are asking 1250.00 for it if I remember correctly

gently_1986_honda_tr200_fatcat_motorcycle_1_lgw.jpg

Honda also made one. They called it the Fat Cat. It was a fun bike. I owned one a few years ago. It hurt me when I forgot that I was too old to play like I used to. Ended up with some cracked ribs and a concussion.

If you look around, there are a few still being made. Not QUITE as big a rear tire as that one but still has the large ATV type tires. Here is one place. Not too terribly expensive either.

http://gokartsusa.com/Monster-Dog-Minibike-65.aspx

Or better yet, find a used Honda Fat Cat. They only made them for a couple of years but they are great little bikes. 200cc. I bought one a few years ago for $800.00. Wish I hadn't sold it. Found it sitting in front of a small business about 2 miles from the house. It was red and white and very nice condition. There is one on Ebay now, blue and white, they are asking 1250.00 for it if I remember correctly

That is a cool looker, but the cracked ribs and the concussion have got me to thinkin'... :confused07: I'm a few years your senior and don't bend like a used to... :duck::backinmyday:

Ran across these two scoots and wondered if anyone might recognize them?? Especially the one with that huge rear tire. I know they're hunting rigs, but they might be fun to toodle around on...

The red one is a Retek Cheetah.

Retek Cheetah 1.JPG2ec7da0de218fd587abb62db6081219f.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1680&bih=884&q=reteck+cheetah&oq=reteck+cheetah&gs_l=img.3...2504.10674.0.11620.15.9.0.6.6.0.138.999.0j8.8.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..1.8.986.0..0j35i39k1j0i10i24k1j0i24k1.unSevmPfi8o#hl=en&tbm=isch&q=retek+cheetah&*

The other looks like a Baja Warrior MB200. Sold until quite recently at Tractor Supply, Harbor Freight, etc. It has been recalled because the front wheel falls off.

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2013/baja-motorsports-recalls-mini-bikes

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Prairiehammer

That is a cool looker, but the cracked ribs and the concussion have got me to thinkin'... :confused07: I'm a few years your senior and don't bend like a used to... :duck::backinmyday:

Well, I would have been fine if I hadn't forgotten what the seller told me when I bought it. I remembered as my head was bouncing off the concrete driveway, he said "the only thing I know that's wrong with it is that the rear brakes don't work". :Avatars_Gee_George:

Some how Kev, that you know that, and have pics as well, doesn't surprise me in the least.... :thumbsup2:

We have two long stretches of beach on the way to visit my oldest in Lompoc CA. One is Pismo, and I think every one has heard of Pismo Clams, but the other is Jalama State Park just south of Lompoc/Vandenberg AFB. Jamala has always intrigued me. From what I can remember the beach is desolate for 20 miles or more. It used to be wide open and you could take a sand buggy all the way down...low tide...., but since becoming a state park they've closed it to motorized vehicles... You might crush a sand crab..doncha know... Anyway I bet one of those wide tired scoots would make a great sand rig... Now all I have to do is figure out how to get buy the state patrol...?? :whistling:

+1 on that Bongo!! That Kevin is amazing!!!:thumbsup:

@Condor - your pic reminded me of a Heathkit Boonie Bike I had as a kid.. Cool little scoot with a 2 speed stick shifter up on the cross bar where the gas tank sits on the one you are showing..

WOWZY there were a BUNCH of Minibike makers back in the day.. Thinking about it, there were LOTS of snowmobile makers too but, at least in my memory , the Minibike Manufactures had em whooped!! What a great time to have been a kid with a gear head disorder...